PDO Labor clearance

Thanks and wish to meet all of you my friends in Oman next summer.

Mohamed
Regarding your kid education, I think you need to secure his place if you will be in PDO, this the problem so if we don't received any news regarding LC means we will faces many problems on our kids education

Regards

Thank you so much.

Have you kids to be educated !

Dear all,
Any body have an idea when Ras Al Hamra International School of PDO will be opened officially!

Cheers
MAZ

I was told my file is transfer to arrival dept, but is going to a month now, my visa is yet to be out, any idea of days for file at arrival dept. get out  r issue?, pls need urgent reply to enable follow up with HR

pls what did HR mean by saying my file is with arrival dept, is that visa process or LC?

Hi,
Good day.
How are you?
You are joining PDO in which department?
I am the new member.
I signed the PDO Contract on 22-Nov-2014 in Dubai and till now there is not any information from HR regarding LC.

Please tell me how much generally it takes for LC & Employment Visa?

Also me signed the contract on 20th November 2014 but not get my visa yet.

It seems  will take 6 months.

Cheers
MAZ

HI Mohammed Maz,

Did you got any information?
Did you also interviewd thru Sodomation?

For me, I've been selected in May 2014 and I still waiting for LC ( no answer about it).
Did any boby here from May recrutment session received his LC?

And I thought I had it bad. I hope you get LC so you can get in line for visa next. :)

Rcing wrote:

For me, I've been selected in May 2014 and I still waiting for LC ( no answer about it).
Did any boby here from May recrutment session received his LC?

Don't worry Racing, here is another one from May Session and still waiting for LC....

Regards,
Tech-Base

For me, I've been selected in Sept 18, 2014 (At Dubai through Sofomation) and I still waiting for LC ( no answer about it).
Did any boby here from Sept 18, 2014 recruitment session received his LC?

An advice for all you,

Never wait any visa or LC or any promise from any company,  go with your life and live without lose any moment with your family and friends.

Most of companies have promising and push you to wait while they are looking for another people either lower salary or more experience while they will not loose any thing while you will lose your life time waiting.

Hi All,
Have been following the posts in this forum regarding labour clearance for quite sometime now.  Very interesting stories.
From what I have been reading so far, my understanding is that the company should have a blanket Labour Clearance prior to making the job offer. Then, the credentials of the candidate are submitted to the govt for verification.  This should take few days to few weeks. However, big delays seem to be incurred. And I am not sure I understand what is the hold up: the blanket LC or the individual clearance against the blanket LC.
We have been waiting for my husband's clearance to come through for few month now - his paperwork was lodged with a whole batch of other hires mid December. And every week becomes next week. And I do agree living life in waiting is hard, but I am trying to understand which is the point in the process where you are advised waiting is no longer an option because your application has been rejected? What would be the maximum timeline to wait and still get a positive outcome (or any outcome, for that matter)?
Last but not least: what would be the meaning of "batch released from LC but subsequently revoked"? 
Thank you for your help in clarifying the above.

Hi Nomad Skippie and All,

There are no simple answers to your many queries. The whole system of hiring an expatriate employee is pretty disorganised and rather complicated to put it mildly.

Private sector companies are categorised / graded as 'Excellent', 'A', 'B' and such depending on their investment capital. Those on the top of the pecking order would obviously have some clout with the Ministry of Manpower (MoM). For them getting clearances would be a relatively less stressful experience. Those who find themselves below in the rung would have their challenges cut out.

For companies to meet with their set Omanisation targets, percentages and criteria are by no means easy or simple. So when a fresh requisition is made for a new job clearance the MoM authorities go through the request with a fine tooth comb and most times the requisition is turned down for one reason or another, since the objective of the government is to limit the number of expatriates from coming as much as they possibly can. Then it is up to the company to provide the MoM with the necessary proof and evidence of whatever was found lacking in their clearance requisition.

Not just for the new hires, but for the companies too this is a rather harrowing and distressing experience. Unfortunately the rules of expatriate hiring is not carved in stone. Which means the rules keep changing at unfailing intervals. Almost on a daily basis. So there is no way anyone can predict how long a labour clearance or an employment visa would actually take. Most who are new to this process do not know or understand how the system works here and end up as nervous wrecks after waiting endlessly for their papers to be cleared. Companies also cannot give these selected candidates any sure time frame as to when the clearances would come as they themselves would not have the slightest clue as to when the MoM would clear their requisitions.

Thank you for your answer. The company we are talking about is PDO so, not sure how much clout it has with the MoM , but it is my understanding it is a great and powerful company.
Also, have you come across LC being issued and then revoked? Was does this mean for the incumbents in terms of the LC/visa issuance process?
Thank you again for your answers and clarifications.
Kind regards,
NS

Hey MAZ what happened to your optimism.

Hi MAZ,

Is there no news with ur application yet? Mine is zero. Starting to loose interest already, im thinking that after all this waiting they will inform me that my LC is denied. Good thing i didnt gave up the job here in UAE.

Regards

Dear All,
According to my knowledge we all will get LC,Visa etc....
Ministry of Manpower has delayed the process.
PDO is following up with the Ministry for the LC.
when I was getting my offer in November, PDO told me about this story & asked me to wait sometime.
Employment is safe with the company but the issue is in government.

Now they are planning for 2 new big projects.

So...no need to worry...do your activities as usual...Let them to get it and come back ...

Thanks.

Nice article related to PDO Oman

arabianoilandgas.com/article-13608-oman-recovery-time/

litpetro wrote:

So far, few of the North projects are under hold for undeclared time, however the South will recover the production as planned.
There had been a reconsideration resource plan, but that has been cancelled as of now. Things seem fine.

schaz wrote:
litpetro wrote:

So far, few of the North projects are under hold for undeclared time, however the South will recover the production as planned.
There had been a reconsideration resource plan, but that has been cancelled as of now. Things seem fine.

Dear All,
Can anybody tell me what does First Impression team mean and at what stage your documents/file is sent to this team in PDO?
This question is for those who have an idea or they have been through the process of LC and have received their LC's in the past.
Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Tech-Base

skibby wrote:

And I thought I had it bad. I hope you get LC so you can get in line for visa next. :)

Dear Skibby,
I think you have already been through the process and think you can help;

Dear All,
Can anybody tell me what does First Impression team mean and at what stage your documents/file is sent to this team in PDO?
This question is for those who have an idea or they have been through the process of LC and have received their LC's in the past.

Thank you,
Tech-Base

Hi,
Good day.
I am the new member.
I signed the PDO Contract on 19-Nov-2014 in Dubai and till now there is not any information from HR regarding LC. HR people is only telling they already submitted documents for LC and no more news.
any one from Nov. hiring got LC?

Please shear if any one have news about the status.

Thanks
Muhammad

Muhammad Bin,

Same story here,  I got offer on 20th NOV.... both agent and PDO HR still not giving satisfactory answer.

HI all,

Any one got LC or Visa this month (March). I am asking this question due to low oil price. I want to know delay is due to oil price or Ministry of man power

Thanks

Hi All
I am still waiting for LC, I sign the offer last November, the HR told me that they are making their efforts to get LC, I don't know how long I can wait, the problem if we don't get it before summer, than big issue as I need to transfer my kids for their education and also we need to save their seats in the school, I know some companies in Oman they make the employment visa within 3 week.

Regards

I have signed my offer as Head of the production measurement department on 19th November 2014....till now no LC or Visa yet available so I come very happy that still not done untill May 2015 due to my kids are in the last semester of their schools.

I hope that all of us will receive the visa between April and May so we will join them on mid of June.

However, continue your jobs searching and may you find onother one.

Good luck.

Hi every body

As you know I've been select in May 2014 recrutment session . I did all medical analysis in the same day after been selected. And i still waiting fot LC.
Did any one know for how long the gamca medical certificate may still valid ?
There is any impact if the LC is not delivered from now to May?
I can wait, but I think the situation will be more complicated if the LC is not delivered from now to the end of April.

that was too long Rcing,  :|
Is HR still ask you to wait, or what ?

Yes they still asking me to wait, there last email is for 5 days ego. They told me that the LC is stucked in MoM and I have to wait.

HI all,

Any one got LC or Visa this month (March). I am asking this question due to low oil price. I want to know, delay is due to oil price or Ministry of man power

Please shear information

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

From my side, I am still not get any answer about my visa.

Cheers
MAZ

Hi Tech-Base,

I am (somewhat) in contact with the First Impressions team, but not sure what they do as compared to the Recruitment team.  It is not clear to me how PDO HR is organized.  My documentation went to PDO once my medical was cleared. 

Patiently, I am still waiting for visa.  I do wonder if this is due to oil price and/or my nationality.  I know PDO HR unfortunately does not have much control over this process.  So I am told.

Regards,
Skibby

hi,
this has nothing to do with the oil price, becuase it was start early before that...
accroding to my information the Omanization issue play part of that but there are others factors also...
however getting the right  information related to government in all Gulf areas is not easy...

Things escalate  worsely and more waiting time required

Tech-Base wrote:
skibby wrote:

Dear Skibby,
I think you have already been through the process and think you can help;

Dear All,

Thank you,
Tech-Base

First Impression Team stand for (Arrivals & Immigration team) ... the suppose to send you there if you recieved the LC ... or if they expected soon

Thanks, Splendor. Which group notifies about visa?

I've just heard through the grapevine that ALL employment visas are 'hanging' right now. Would be good to be able to confirm this as well as have some idea of when they may start flowing again.

Thanks
Skibby

Skibby,
Before it was shared among groups on recruitment teams base on which department you suppose to join, and you will have one focal person to take care of you until they receive your LC and Visa, after that they will send you file to the First Impression to arrange you flight ticket, and arrival in Oman with all requirements,
Now after the long... long waiting list, things become unclear and there is a lot of stress from the people while waiting for LC, the First Impression team share the stress,,,
For now there is no one can answer anything, it looks like its stop totally... 
This means they are coming with new regulation and rules, especially after return of the his Majesty Qaboos after being 8 months away from the country,, Since the start of the labor clearance issue
Finally there last point is Speculations.. as there will be no one tell you the truth