Good offer or not?

Hi All

my background: working in London £50,000 plus 12-15% bonus per year. got 2 kids and I am originally from Sri lanka and now settled in UK.

I am a business analyst and been offered the following from a multinational company in Saudi, I don't have a clue whether its good deal or not, I would really appreciate all of the advice.

also I didn't apply for the job and this company approached me through LinkedIn, and I had a Skype interview for about 40 minutes and they offered the below, which I believe I can still negotiate since they approached me.

below is the package in SR

Basic = 20,000
travel = 1500
housing = 3750
cost of living = 1250
education = 9750
bonus = 4800 (its actually 57600 every year)
free tickets for the family every year.

guarantee 10% increment every year

total package is 41050 (this includes the bonus which I would get end of the year) means when I start it will be 36250.

my kids are going to an Ofsted outstanding school in London, not sure what I would get with 9750 SR a month in Saudi. also when I check living cost such as houses it totally varies. more  research I do more I get confused.

please give me your genuine comments is it worth for me to leave a Job in London for the above offer or if I am to negotiate what should I ask for.

thanking you in advance

Shace

Salary + bonus = 25,000 ( it makes 4350 GBP)
travel = 1500 (please note that you will have to buy a car, there is no public transportation)
housing = 3750 (45K per year, you can find a 3 bedroom flat in a new building, but forget about compound).
cost of living = 1250 (we spend around 3000 every month for a family of two adults and an infant).
education = 9750 (if this money is per month, your kid may go to a British school).

Summary: Offer is not attractive. Proposed salary is not even more than what you already have.
Living in a flat (not compound) for a westerner is a big challenge. It will be a triple challenge for your family.
If you are interested in the job, bargain your salary to increase at least for 70%. Plus, demand an apartment in a compound instead of housing allowance money.

Hello Shace,

Welcome on board and congratulation for your 1st post! :one

Can  you please give us more precision, is there a region in Saudi Arabia you are moving, these little details can help us direct you the best way.  Also you can have a look on the Cost of living in Saudi Arabia Forum where maybe the same subject has already been discussed.

Thank you,

Marjorie

Thank you for your comments, that was very helpful, I will be having another call next week with the employer and I will try my best to push my pay a little bit more.

Shace

Hey,
I don't usually like to comment when the thread is about a job offer since it's really hard to make a judgment with the very few information people share about their offers alnd their background (I commented few times before but it never felt like right).Also what good for someone will not be for someone else.

One general comment. If the offer is not at least double to triple of what you are making back in your country, then it's not worth to move.

Another thing regarding the bounce, bounce is not a guarantee thing even if the recruiter told you otherwise; it's even something that you can't take to labor court if things reached to that point for one reason or another. I personally worked before for an international company with a bounce schema for about 9 years, out of those years, I only got bounce in three.   

Note:I agree with all what Kom340 said