How to ship belongings from US to Philippines?

Hi all,

Please note that some off topic posts had been moved from this thread to stick to the main stream of the topic.

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Shipped with this company for years. Never lost or broken anything of mine. Nothing was opened by customs in the US or the Philippines. Competitive prices and great service. Forexworld every time!

Now this information is from 6 Years ago when I moved to the Philippines from California in 2008 I was able to ship most of my personal belongings via Manila Forwarders using 2x2x2 foot boxes that is the largest box they ship weight does not matter the cost was 118USD door to door service it is shipped via container ocean freight there for it take 30days from California to Manila then it is trucked to your residence. One can call them and ask for them to deliver the box sizes you will need after you pack and label them call for pickup and they will strap them and load on the truck and off it goes. Great price and great service they are USA wide you can Google them for their contact numbers toll free. Hope that helps. Take Care and MaBuhay to the Philippines

What is the proper way to do the labels?  Can the writing be hand written or must one do labels that are printed?  Also, how does one list what's in the boxes and what is not allowed to be shipped?

I agree with Davao Bruce.  There are some trucking companies here in the U.S. that are shipping pods.  A 8 foot fiberglass by 4 foot by 6 tall box. They drop it off in your yard and you load it. They pick it up on the 4th day to ship.  But there is a high tax in the Philippines unless it is in your wifes name. As she is Philippian. And she does the paper work as a citizen there for it.

try new york phil port  gargo its cheap and u can send ut things to philippiens only takes 40 days to be in philippines

My suggestion, Just buy everything in Philippines, by paying P100K to P200K, must well buy all the stuff here.

Can anybody tell me if there is a age restriction on shipping a can am commander over there also any idea on about how much it would cost {Rough guess } we are planning to move over there in a few years   Thanks

Is it pretty expensive to ship a utv or atv to the Philippines

robhankins wrote:

I am contemplating retirement in the Phils. I am married to a filipina. Does anyone know how best (cheapest) to send personal belongings to the Phils?

Hello there! I think I can help you in your importation of personal belonging in Philippines. Can you give more details? Do you want to send it via air or sea? What is the volume of your goods?

Used household goods and personal effects are allowed to be imported into the Philippines but the tax and duty exemption amount varies depending on the type of passport and visa the client has.

You mentioned that you're married to Filipina. Are you a holder of 13(a) visa in the Philippines- Foreign spouse or child of a Filipino residing in the country permanently. If yes, you are lucky! You are full exempted from paying duties and taxes. You just need to submit the following requirements:
- Original passport
- Alien Certificate of Registration card
- Copy of Proof of Residency - Purchase of land or house property
- Copy of Marriage Contract
Please also see below other persons who is entitled to full exemption from duties and taxes.

Foreigners with a permanent residence 13-g visa, work visa 9-g, investor's visa, non-immigrant visa 47- a2 and retiree visas are entitled to full exemption of tax and duties. Those with visitor visa 9-a are not entitled to exemption of household goods thus are subject to 30% duty and 12% tax.

Effective Immediately: Those applying for or extending the 9-g visa must have an approved AEP. Those applying for extensions or renewals should do so 2 months in advance of the expiration date. Applications for grace periods will not be accepted without an approved AEP

If you have questions, you can email me ***

I am happy to help you.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please share personal contact infos only in private.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
maintman wrote:

Is it pretty expensive to ship a utv or atv to the Philippines

Yes. because you need to pay duties and taxes plus Excise tax.

That was awesome advice! Thanks!

-JohnnyBravo- wrote:

That was awesome advice! Thanks!

Thanks! If you have other questions in importing items in Philippines. I can really help or give some advice! :-)

Could you give me an idea how much it would cost me to move furniture and goods, 3br home, from San Francisco to Manila? Thanks!

Hi Vivian (Vivianrok),
Could you send me more details so I can provide full information for your goods to be shipped from San Francisco to Manila. xxx.
Phil.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.

Best way to ship household goods is thru Forex and/ or LBC right at the front door of your Philippines destination.

I would check and see how diligent Philippine customs are inspecting that carriers  shipments, and if the carriers have a representative on hand to stop the pilfering of your goods. It was shown on the nightly news of a store in Manila who reportedly is paying 6000 peso's for each box bought from the customs people.

Ponani -

Very helpful thoughts and just what I needed to hear.

I'm currently in Portland Oregon packing up to move to the Philippines in a few months. Some nice pieces of comfortable furniture, kitchen appliances, etc. would be nice to have but I probably not worth the headache and expense. I'm familiar with LBC in the Philippines, does anyone have a recommendation for a balikbayan shipper located in Portland Oregon?

Hello Rob.

Depending on which part of the US you are, it would help you find the right forwarder.  You need 2 things here (1) a forwarder and (2) a local filipino broker to help you clear your stuff.

See the 2 links below, I hope one comes handy.  I've dealt with orient freight and they're very good.  They can move FCL (full container load) or LCL (less than container load / break bulk) loads.  The price is competitive and they're very trust worthy.  They do US > Philippines consignment.

Very important for you to get the right customs broker who knows how to declare your stuff properly as personal effects so you won't get burdened with import taxes.

Good Luck.

robhankins wrote:

I am contemplating retirement in the Phils. I am married to a filipina. Does anyone know how best (cheapest) to send personal belongings to the Phils?

How to ship shipping container house to Philippines?

Is there any legal restrict in importing container house (home) into Philippines?

Any  latest recommendations to container ship personal items and furnitures back to Philippines.
Salamat

Shane, you mentioned 13a visa.  My wife is Filipina and we live part time in the US and part time in the Philippines.  We have a house in both places.  We are expanding the house in the Philippines.  Can we ship from US to my wife's father, who lives full time at our house there, without paying any fees or taxes?

i want to ship our belongings to the philippines from tx usa.. do you know whom i could get.. are you still around   thank you.

is that so.. i have dual citizen, do u think it wont change

Dual citizenship won't stop customs from being corrupt.

ohh . might be they are no longer doing that after they changed those who getting taripa...

I'm sure it's better but you don't wipe out corruption 100% overnight. Old habits die hard.

Hello

**** If duel citizen, you are entitled to exemption from duty and taxes.

Regards

Austen

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory.

You can also use Johnny Air, their shipping time for medium boxes from the U.S to the PH is around 8 working days. I'm not sure with oversized item but they offer insurance too.

cute55 wrote:

i want to ship our belongings to the philippines from tx usa.. do you know whom i could get.. are you still around   thank you.

Hello,

Dual Citizens are exempted of duties and taxes, there are just some documents reqired to prove it.
There is no way the customs can hold your shipment as some people said in the thread if you use a reliable Moving Company***

Regards,

Phil.

Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory + contact details

hello.. yes i need a company that could help me to ship my belongings this coming nov.. could you please send me a quote.. iam from texas  and i need it to move in philippines.. thank you

Hi everyone,

@ Cute55, please contact the professionals recommended in the business directory here : Moving companies in the Philippines
All the best,
Bhavna

Good day! What is the name of the company? We have furnitures that we want to bring back to the Philippines from Boston, Massachusetts. Thanks in advance!

Tiger

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please

Thank you.

jemil2k wrote:

from US to philippines 40 footer van we collect 200k pesos all in. feel free to contact me if u want to bring ur personal belongings to philippines.  thanks. jemil

What do you mean by all in? Do you have a website or shipping company you work with?

NickandDeigh wrote:
jemil2k wrote:

from US to philippines 40 footer van we collect 200k pesos all in. feel free to contact me if u want to bring ur personal belongings to philippines.  thanks. jemil

What do you mean by all in? Do you have a website or shipping company you work with?

That's too cheap and it's never all in... Be careful.

Reason : Promoting own services - advertising

I see your post was from 2012, are you still in Bohol, I'm building a small house in Jagna, and hope to move there in January 2019, any advice you can give me we be greatly appreciated, I will be there for the month of May , 2018, thank you in advance, Gerard .

Which is it jemill...200k or 85k? I only need 20 footer