LoveTEFL in partnership with edex Education Experts saudi review

Hi all.
Who else has been recruited via LoveTEFL and is waiting to go to Saudi Arabia KSA with Education Experts?
My friend received an email last week saying that "due to ongoing delays LoveTEFL no longer work with Education Experts" but rest assured we will be there soon.
I just paid a 500pounds deposit to EdEx and he also paid an additional 295gbp to LoveTEFL for their TEFL course which he completed online in a few weeks.
Has anyone who has been affected by the delays managed to claim back their course fees and deposit?
In a seperate development, Education Experts are saying they finally expect some movement on male visas from the 7th of December 2014.
Is there anyone else in the same position as me waiting and hoping the delays are finally over?

Hi,

I also signed a contract with LoveTEFL in "partnership" with edu-experts. I've tried contacting them a couple of time unsuccessfully and then I contacted edu-experts directly (not using the details provided by LoveTEFL) and they say that they have never partnered with LoveTEFL. I hope you will get your money back!

Did you pay a deposit as well...I'm also being given conflicting info every time depending on who I speak to.

Fortunately I didn't, I would have loved to go to Saudi but apparently there is a new law and they strictly want people who have a BA qualification.

Another ESL teaching option could be to get your job teaching ESL overseas ANYWHERE, start getting some experience, get your BA while you teach and eventually, end up applying to Saudi Arabia with your experience and your BA in your pocket. =)
Just a thought =)

Hi

Love TEFL were in partnership with EE until Sep 2014. Due to ongoing delays with the application and process stage.

I am still waiting for EE to send me to Saudi and have been waiting since Aug 2014. I have had my first medical but I can still apply for a refund if i wish to do so.

A quick update on the Edex situation they are now saying that my 120 hour certificate from Lovetefl are not accepted by Saudi and that I must do a 10 hour short course?? I am not sure who to believe! A bit confused.

The reason being is apparently due to their being no hologram on the certificate. However they have their logo. Any help would be appreciated.

@Fayyaz... This esl job hunting business exposes one to a lot of dishonest people. I could be wrong about LoveTEFL but I would advise you not to part with more of your money.

I am just as confused as you are. I hope you get some answers.

Hi I spoke and have received written confirmation from LoveTefl that my certificate is accepted. I will not be parting with any more money at all. I am shocked at the amount of lies its disgusting.
I heard from other candidates that the dean of the university in saudi is coming on the 15th this week - I will probably go to the office and get a refund on that day if I do not have any start date.

Hi I also had a disconcerting experience with a job application via SBC in Saudi recently
It would seem that these agents make promises to applicants - but they fail to follow through. i think the reason may be that the hiring committees at these Saudi uinversities change the qualifying criteria at the drop of a hat - depending in which mood they are. So if the female management at PNU is premenstrual - forget about them making rational decisions.
I have read though that On Line qualifications are not accepted in Saudi and a LoveTefl certification  therefore will be rejected out right

LoveTEFL certificates are not accepted? Maybe because they are online. There is a classroom option that is probably the only one accepted. LoveTEFL and Education Experts should probably be avoided because of their partnership and promise to get me to Saudi before January, I have wasted 6months and a lot of money. No dean is coming, they have been telling people this for months to keep you hooked. If you believe that then you will believe anything.

Yes I also heard that they do not accept online courses now, however I have spoken to a few companies in Saudi and they said its fine - I think another excuse was thrown in the mix, plus I don't think that Edex have money to refund everyone and that is why they keep moving offices
I have also been waiting for 6 months and my medical will be out of date by the end of Jan its ridiculous!

I don't think that you will get your money back unless you spend more money taking them to court. If other companies are telling you that online certificate is fine and EE are telling you it's not, your options are limited. The best thing to do for you is to go with a company that tells you your certificate is fine.
Basically EE are telling you that you will not go to Saudi unless you do a proper TEFL at least. If your employer/agency is telling you that, talking to other companies is pointless. You have your answer. Either do another TEFL or go to court to get your 500pounds back. The first medical doesn't mean anything at all, you have not received any results or report from it because it is just for show and it will not run out because it was unnecessary. Read your contract carefully, if you had a medical, then you will not get a deposit back, just like a dean of dammam will not come and pigs will not fly.

I can get a full refund as both EE and Lovetefl have confirmed this - next step
I also used to work for ministry of justice and know a lot of people they are all willing to help me get my refund, so its decided now. Goodluck to everyone else!

Most of things that they confirm are not true, so I am doubtful that the confirmation means anything. But goodluck anyway. Be prepared for more delays and letdowns.

Yeah I know what you mean - lets see what happens!

Don't touch either Education Experts or Lovetefl they are both scams

They give out false hope

hi there.  Please can someone assist me? I was looking at doing that TEFL course to start teaching English in Saudi Arabia - Abha in particular. Will I be wasting my time? Or is it still a good thing to do?

Hi do a celta or tesol as tefl are not being accepted anymore in Saudi you should do a in class and online combi it will help you in the long run best of luck

Great thank you very much. I will check that out

Hi there,

Listen, don't waste your money on various courses claiming to certify you to teach EFL and certainly don't waste your time doing a 10 hour short course.   I've been in this industry for years, I work in Saudi and I know what is required, so I'll endeavour to give you the information you should have had from the start.  There are now a plethora of 'EFL' courses, with various formats, prices and criteria that will take your money.  Some of them are even accredited on the NQF in the UK, meaning that they bear genuine credit academically.  However, this does not mean that they are either suitable or accepted in the EFL profession itself.  Before you waste anymore time, I can tell you that you need a professional course like a CELTA from Cambridge University or a Trinity Cert TESOL from Oxford.  These courses are 120hrs, face to face AND you will be examined on 6 hours of teaching to REAL students on a pass or fail basis.  This is why the industry accepts these two certificates and this has always been the case.  Other companies will do 120 hr (some of which is online) and then add 'Peer teaching', where you teach the other students on the course.  Also, any online component will prevent your qualification from being accepted by Saudi Universities.  You may have heard stories of people 'getting through' with less, but the Universities are wise to this and the doors are now closed.  Agencies who tell you otherwise may be planning to send you somewhere other than a university, or, to some remote area.  Yes, the criteria have changed, and no it's not *premenstrual* as another respondant has claimed; PNU female management have their orders just like everyone else.  Quite simply you have received bad information and paid money for something which will not help you, which is a shame.  I do feel for you that you have lost time money and effort.  However, doesn't it seem too good to be true that you could do a quick course and suddenly get a job teaching 20 hours a week for thousands of tax free pounds per month? That's because it is.  My advice?  Get a CELTA, get some EFL experience abroad in somewhere like Spain or Thailand, (because they now want to see 2 years experience, or 1 year minimum, POST qualification,  POST degree and preferably within a professional language school) then reapply.  Hope this helps and I do wish you all the best.

Thank you very much for this information