Business idea?

Looking to make contacts and start a business somewhere in Ecuador, with a project where I can invest time, energy and money. If you are motivated and have ideas, we can chat about here or you can contact me via email. sairesearch1[at]gmail.com

The main reasons for me to seek others is simply because I'm not sure what will work here in Ecuador, and also the motivation factor, as 2 is better than 1 and more can be done that way rather than doing everything by myself like I usually do.

Whatever ideas you may have, I will consider it.

If you have the skills to do most of the work yourself and can speak Spanish well enough to barter and negotiate, buy property and fix it up at your pace.

I'm really looking for a joint business venture. So if YOU want to do something, let me know.

I have a friend that is canadian, he is moving to Guayaquil in a few months so he might be interested

Thank you Dany. Please tell your friend to put his project on paper so I can see. I need to know everything :)

Now, @ georgeeric,

Dude, this is the second time that you copy/paste your ad in my thread, and this time I will not report your post to admins, but I will tell you this.. Not only are you off topic, but you are pissing me off. Get your avionics repair skills elsewhere, like in the topic that admins here have started for you the last time you got lost -->https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=243047

This is tower control Nemesis5, you are heading in the wrong direction. Nemesis5 to georgeeric, do you read me? Over.

He is also canadian!!

Dear I am so sorry that I pissed you off Sorry dear because I do not exactly know the system and how to look for a job in Cuenca, i am reading so much about cuenca that I really would like to come and live over there can you please guide me to the right way instead of yelling at me not user friendly Thanks i just need some help and guidance

danygirl8903 wrote:

He is also canadian!!

yes that will facilitate communications, but I still need him to put his project (if he has one) on paper so I can see everything and make a good decision for myself. A business plan.

- How much it will cost
- Income
- What, where, how...

georgeeric wrote:

Dear I am so sorry that I pissed you off Sorry dear because I do not exactly know the system and how to look for a job in Cuenca, i am reading so much about cuenca that I really would like to come and live over there can you please guide me to the right way instead of yelling at me not user friendly Thanks i just need some help and guidance

George, I did point you in the right direction in the previous post. Just click on the link. That will take you to the thread that admins have created for you, and you did get an answer in that thread. Now, if you want to continue this discussion, send me a PM (personal message) or email me here [email protected]

In any case, I sure hope that your avionics repair habitabilities *god help us all* are better that your web skills because if that is not the case, I'm never gonna fly again.

Good luck

He is on the same blog!! Look for him Brady Preston

[Moderated: Off topic]

Hello,

I am Fernando I lived in Canada for 6 years, and now I am in Manta Ecuador, I started a small business here, making tours, translation and others, soon I am going to start a new project on internet, but I have this idea about having a restaurant on the beach, which I would also like to turn it into a bar restaurant at nights with live music, nobody has done it here on the beach so this is why I know it will work.
I do not have money to invest on this at the moment, I came back 10 months ago and my company is doing good, but I put all the money I had on this, if you want some help to start this I am willing to help you out.

good luck bud

Hi Fernando,

A restaurant/bar on the beach as to be done right, so we are talking about alot of money with no guaranties that people will come, even if you are the only one in this area. If you ever find the time to do a business plan (a game plan with details) I will certainly take a serious look at it. Right now, with the information given, I can see the need for 3 people involved full time, minimum. It's alot of work to make it happen and then, crazy hours to make it work.

Thanks! :cool:

Hello again,

I hope someday you have the time to come up to Manta so I can show you the place then you will understand why I said it will work.
Well in the meantime if you come to Manabi I hope you think of us for a tour.

Take care pal

yes I would like to see the place eventually. Let me know of any new development on this project, like more ppl getting involved. You will need more $ than what I have to invest.

ferbamoy,

Going to Manta on the week of 2-8 June.

Let me know you availabilities.

Hello

I am available in June so you let me know

hi guys,

as sugestion for those already in place, you might rent the equipment necessary to set up a water park activity.
One of the oldest existing in Spain - cableskibenidorm.com/waterski‎
and another site in english for apreciation.
industrywakeparks.co.uk/cable.html

A cool spot near to an important city, with proper sponsorship might be feasible.

On another activity, if you believe this building tecnique - es.sahara.com.br/ - might find his niche locally, you can build and distribute eco-brick along with using it to develop  eco-lodging.

One might crunch some number and perform some projections, and get familiar with local regulations.

cya

Hi Chris : read your blog with some interest and decided to ask
what type of business were you in here in Canada?
I was a money broker here bringing entrepeneurs and accredited investotrs together. I have some contacts in Quito as a result of having visited there 5 times. I was a member of
Rotary here in Toronto, and as a member attended meetings in Quito while there which helped get me entree into the government there.
I don't know if this would be of interest to you but I can only ask.
Who knows maybe we can share some ideas. I'll be in Quito from July 21st to 31st visiting 2 young girls I sponsor thru WorldVision here in Mississauga. I'll be travelling to Guaranda on July 28th and back that nite.
Looking forward to your reply ,negative or positive.
Thanks
Greg Holt

To all, a restaurant is questionable idea given this simple fact which is irrefutable. The worldwide failure rate for start ups exceeds 65%.Much higher then that in the US.  Still interested?
On the topic of a water park, the annual wage for those Ecuadorians who can find work is less then $4,500 bucks per year. Sounds to me that water park discretionary funds might be LIMITED! SO, the 64.,000 dollar question is what is abundant in the area and can be exported to the USA, Canada and Europe? Eliminate flowers, banana's and anything that is already being done. To hard to catch up under normal conditions forget it as a newcomer without knowledge of the playing field.
Keep in mind that freight costs can kill nay deal so, whatever is done needs to be an import to Ecuador and an export out using the same containers. Substantially reduces overhead freight costs which will be the bulk of any overhead for any business along these lines. IDEAS are welcome but I have already considered and explored this import/export thing, I have 2 candidates but will not put those on a blog site for obvious reasons. So, I'll be in Cuenca again in March and if one or more can hold there water I'd be willing to meet and discuss this with people who can qualify economically as a potential candidate. If you can't put a minimal $50-75k into an escrow business account to cover start up please do not respond to this. anyone who does needs to know you'll be vetted to make certain our time is'nt being wasted.
Sorry if this sounds harsh but as they say in NY it ain't personal, it's business.

Hi All,

Please note that some off topic posts have been removed from this discussion.

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Just wondering what stage ur at. Lets talk. email me [email protected]

chrisrandall3333 wrote:

Just wondering what stage ur at. Lets talk. email me [email protected]

You posted on a thread that has been dormant almost two years.  It's not even clear to whom your post was directed.

If you want to attract a business partner, investor or associate, you may wish to consider providing some details of your business experience and-or success(es).