Civil Engineer

Hello, I received a message from a civil engineer asking for my opinion on his salary expectations in Sri Lanka. I am an elderly chartered civil engineer, and I earn in excess of £15,000 sterling a month. As with any other country everything depends on qualifications and experience. Are there any other civil engineers living and working in Sri Lanka who could give their input? Edward

You would probably have a better chance of someone with the relevant info in the Sri Lanka forum instead of this general one.

I moved the thread to the Sri Lanka forum.

Regards
Armand

Hi Edward,
I am studying civil engineering in Sri Lanka.
As far as i know typical salary for a *LOCAL* civil engineer in Sri Lanka is around $1000-$3000 per month with 90% confidence interval and  mean of $1500. But these figures can be different in your case since your friend is coming from abroad. He can probably expect more.
Regards!
kasun

Hello Kasun, I assume you are talking about a very young Sri Lankan civil engineer? I know a few older local engineers who certainly earn more than what you've indicated. And you're right, a foreign engineer earns a great deal more, which is wrong in my opinion. I believe we should earn the same amount and it should be based on both education and experience. Regards, Edward

Hello Edward,
You certainly won't believe. But i'll tell u what i know.
Fresh graduates saleries are $500-$700 per month.
I know several people with 3-5 years experience with $1100-$1500 per month salary
And 10 year experience people with $1800-$2000 salary
Government jobs have the worst salaries. One of my friend's father works in a government company as a civil engineer and he is doing a top level job there with 25-30 year experience but earns $2000 with all intensives.
I heard there are some people who earns 5000-10000$ even. But they are The Senior engineers with special experience in massive projects or managers in those companies.
Sri lankan companies normally hire foreign civil engineers in the situations where they do not have local people with experience in such projects and because they have to get assistance by the expertise. I assume your friend is someone like that. So he can certainly demand for a higher salary depending on the project.
Cheers!
kasun

I would like to have a civil engineer from Sri Lanka

He should know English and qualified in structure with experience

Who ever interested must send me his cv on [email protected]

The job is available in Kigali Rwanda where my company TECOS is located.

Thanks

Hello tecos.

You should post the job advert in the Construction and Civil engineering jobs in Sri Lanka section.

Thanks

Karen :)

Hai guys i am dhivahar i completed my bachelor of engineering in civil and i have two years of experience in IIT madras
now i like to apply for  government job in srilanka am i eligible for government job
it is possible to get government job in srilanka for my qualification. if i got the job what will be my salary range
please friends consider this text and let me know.

dhivahar14 wrote:

Hai guys i am dhivahar i completed my bachelor of engineering in civil and i have two years of experience in IIT madras
now i like to apply for  government job in srilanka am i eligible for government job
it is possible to get government job in srilanka for my qualification. if i got the job what will be my salary range
please friends consider this text and let me know.

Sorry! You have to be a Sri Lankan citizen to apply for a government job.

MAL
actually am srilinakan citizen residing in india

Ohhh  :D  who knows??? Sorry then.
You simply have to check gazette and refer their education requirement. I think mostly their requirement is a BSc degree from a recognized university. If your university is a recognized one, you can apply for a government job. But mostly for government jobs you have to refer gazette and Sunday Obserber, Daily News and Dinamina.  It is difficult to find a government job brother.

oh okay thankyou bor...

Hello dhivahar14,

You can also check our Living in Sri Lanka guide section as well as the Jobs in Sri Lanka section situated in the green banner on top of your page.

Thank you and best of luck ;)

Marjorie