Saudi City Compound - facilities - social activity - sports - etc

Anyone know anything about Saudi City Compound, what facilities population mix, sports facilities, social activity etc?

It is called Saudia City.

It is the best one with regards to all the aspects you mentioned.  It really is like a small city, it is probably the largest compound in Jeddah.  It is massive, has all sorts of sport facilities, social activity groups, and people from all over, Arabs, Asians, Westerners, everybody.

Thanks Trapezious, do you know anything about prices for one, two and three bed accommodation?

A studio apartment was SR. 26,000.... in 2006 :P

That's all I know, because I called them in 2006 when I was looking for a place.  Prices of places in compounds have skyrocketed, especially in the past 2-3 years.  Call them and ask!  I would expect that studio to be no less than SR. 40-45k now.

P.S. All compounds in Jeddah have a 6-12 month waiting list.

Hey Blackcat, thanks. Do you know if there was much of a social scene, or are you out of date on that one? Also, with your knowledge on compounds, do you recommend any others particularly. I've looked at Sherbatly, Arabian and Mura Bustan, but they may be crowbar territory to get into in real time, if you know what I mean?

I think Trap may well be right on the waiting list/delay factor!!

Arabian Homes (Sierra Village, and Andalus) is one of the more premium ones, and with a large number of Western residents.  Probably the most premium and the most expensive is Basateen Compound.  Sharbatly is massive, the second largest in the city.

The best thing to do is to go visit them all, choose the best ones, and then put your name down on their waiting lists.

Saudia City is massive compound in excellent location with lot of greenery (and so birds and mosquitoes) and has all amenities, few gyms, pools, sport and tennis courts, park, supermarket, laundry, few restaurants, taxi and car rentals etc.
For living and sports activities it is good place, but for social activities - dead, it is not a western compound anymore, not big difference from living outside, just few westerners and no more Philippinos.
For Saudia crew females the abayas are must, and 90% of others wear them voluntary (or forced by their mahrams), streets are full of speeding shababs in their mustangs, security guards don't speak English and their main job is to cruise in compound and prevent any public activities.

Opt for Sierra if you can as the best for social scene with public concerts, parties and events. Lotus and Basateen are good options too if your budget allows, or for Sharbatly, Mura Bustan, Nada as cheaper options with mixed crowd.
Andalus is also was not bad few years ago and is in good location, but it is very tight and is getting worse.

Thanks which witch, getting the feeling of SC being a bit run down and neglected and homing in on Arabian, Sherbatly, etc. Looks like Lotus II or Iv might be some good????

Thanks for your help

Lotus compounds are ok, preferred by french speaking people.
What is your work location? You don't work to spend half of your free time in traffic jams "socializing" with other drivers.
I don't think you have many chances with waiting lists in good compounds unless you go to the manager with cash in your pocket and suggest to pay 10% on top of regular price.
Prices in saudia city start from 60kSR, x2 for others medium level, x4 for good ones.

60k for a studio?  That's expensive.

Anyway, then you said x2 for medium other, and x4 for good ones.  So are you saying that medium compound prices start from 120k, and good ones start from 240k?  That's, ummm, crazy, cuz that's not true, obviously.  For 150k - 200k you can get a detached 2-story 3-bedroom villa with dedicated parking and garden in the vast majority of compounds.  One bedroom apartments in compounds in Jeddah range from 50k to 100k.

Some older info about Jeddah compounds:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=133598

Ok Which Witch and Trap, brilliant discussion and thanks for info. Traffic issued noted. I'm in the city centre.

My experience/enquiries do suggest 1 bedroom on Western Compound from SR 55K to SR 100K depending on desirability of compound. 2 bedroomed SR 80k to SR 150k for same reasons. Haven't bothered looking any bigger.

I'm getting there, thanks to all the help I'm getting!!

Tigeroo wrote:

I'm in the city centre.

Just curious - what place people assume as Jeddah city centre?
I heard different opinians: Al Balad, Al Khandara, Mosadia Plaza, Tahlia...

Good Point, it's a little bit sprawling, but Sharafiya, if that qualifies!!

What do you reckon?

I currently live in Lotus 2, 2 bedroom apartment for 90k/year. It is a small compound but it is well guarded and very well maintained. I also love the location as northern side is usually quieter with less traffic. Jarir mall is very close by so I usually get my grocery shopping done there. Farm Market @ Jarir Mall has the best tasting fruits I've ever bought in KSA. haha. I am happy with Lotus 2 but I am going to try to move to Lotus 4 which is a larger compound.

I am also thinking about moving to Sharbatly simply because I would prefer to be in a larger compound, but they have a massive waiting list(which is a relative term here in KSA, of course). I also don't know if I'd like the location as much as Lotus's.

I also checked out Kindi compound and it looked decent for the price. The houses are made out of wood and seemed to be quite old, but general atmosphere looked okay. I don't know about maintenance but overall it looked clean enough and the facilities were okay especially for the price. They charge 65k/year for a 2-bedroom house. But they don't machine guns out in the front... I don't really care as long as the gates are controlled properly, but for some people, security might play a big factor.

I also checked out Nueva Andalucia. The layout is very crowded and their prices are way too high... 80k/year for a really small studio!!! It really only was a bedspace + one desk + bathroom... The overall atmosphere looked really good, though, and it seemed like maintenance was very good.

I gave up on Arabian Homes when I was searching because they just didn't have any space... so good luck trying to find a place there.

Oh, and I also checked out Sunset compound. Way too small of a compound... with only 12 townhouses or so. 130k or so per year for a townhouse(2 floors), I think there was three bedrooms upstairs with two large livingrooms + kitchen on the ground floor. Not really my first choice.

Wow, what a lot of information. That's useful. Thanks.

I did wonder about Lotus, much availability on these compounds? What are the tennis/gym facilities like? Social scene any good etc?

Still pecking away at the others and generally agree with observation on the main players.

There is no social scene at Lotus 2. I don't know about Lotus 4 but I'd imagine there has to be some social scene there as it's a larger compound.

At Lotus 2, there is one tennis court with floodlights, 2 swimming pools(1 outdoor 1 indoor), and a gym. Gym does not have a lot of equipment but all necessities are covered. I usually do almost all my workouts with dumbells and a bench so I don't really mind.

The management said I could use Lotus 4's facilities but I don't really find the need to go through the hassle of driving over there while all basic needs are covered within my small compound.

Hi All,

i might be moving to KSA Jeddah soon, and i wanted to know information about Saudi City compound

contacts
prices for the 1 bedroom apartment and the 2 bedroom apartment in the compound

kids activities (swimming, football, tennis practicing and coaches available or not)?

any info about schools international american or British will be a bonus for me info wise.

social life etc......

Please help guys cause i might be moving soon.
cheers

Hello AmrSamir

Kindly note that you are currently participating on an old thread. You are however invited to check out the links in this thread to get to see some rentals and the prices attached to each.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

contacts
prices for the 1 bedroom apartment and the 2 bedroom apartment in the compound

SC Compound isn't renting to non-Saudia people as they are full.

Do anny one know anny thing about Kiri Compound in Jeddah

Yes it is a nice compound with some social events, and they do have salsa dancing classes... Inbox me for more details

Hello Jeddah Scout,

Just to draw your attention that you are actually on an old thread dated 2014.

Thank you,

Marjorie

hi for everybody. I´m looking for a place in a good compound, 2 bedrooms will be ok, thanks