Teaching in Abu Dhabi

I have an offer to teach in Abu Dhabi for 13000 aed per month. If my contract says my apartment and utilities are covered, as well as flight, am I dumb not to take it? Will they deduct costs from my pay or are they honest about paying and doing as they say? MY GOAL IS TO PAY SCHOOL LOANS...will I manage to do that on this salary?

Also looking to make as many friends as possible while there. Really looking forward to meeting folks from all over the world and enjoying my time there. The U.S. is nice and all, but I want a new view. Thanks for all the posts and replies. Very thankful.

That's an average salary for Abu Dhabi teachers and yes you will get the allowances too which is standard for  all overseas hired teachers i.e flights, housing, schooling etc. Which school will you be joining?

ens at the mbz city campus.

I think you will be able to manage given the apartment and flight is paid for. If you want some additional freedom, you might negotiate for them to provide an economy car such as a Honda Civic to Toyota Corolla.  You'd need to get a UAE driver's license which is not a big deal. Otherwise, you will need to taxi everywhere unless the organization provide shuttle busses.  There is also a bus station in Ruwais and fare to Abu Dhabi is only 35 AED.

Hi there, how you finding your job at ENS school?

That's excellent. My advice is to be very patient as things take uniquely longer to get done here than you are probably used to.

Are you also a teacher in Abu Dhabi?