Working to Jeddah at SR4500 salary and 25% House allowance, 10% transp

Hi there,

I am new to this site and also my first if ever to work at Saudi Arabia (Jeddah). Is it reasonable to have an offer of 4500SAR plus 25% house allowance and 10% transportation? There is no food allowance and the employer told me that the package they give is among the highest offer they have. I will work for their company as Production Supervisor. I got 4+ years experience. I am single. I am also concerned about the security and safety working on that place.

Please anybody could suggest, and how much would i supposed to be expecting to an employer. Your response to this is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

hi Michael,

been in jeddah for two years, yes, 4500 is quite good for filipinos (sadly, salary range is based on nationality) if this is your first time to work abroad. i just hope they have an increment offer of 10-15% percent every contract or every year (good companies do this)

Although, for professional and mid-level management position, i suppose they can give you better. It depends on how many people you will be supervising, the working hours (still 48 hours a week, that is 9 hours a day six days a week, lunch time is not counted),

the housing allowance is good, but it is quite difficult to find an apartment if your are single, many traditional apartment owners want couples (families, as they call it), transportation is quite small (if not sakto lang), depends on how far your apartment will be from your workplace. With that budget, you can share a room.

i hope they will provide you the option of them providing accommodation, even for at least a month.

FOOD Allowance of at least 300 SAR is a must for all new OFW contracts as per POEA.. you can get by for a month with that 300 if you cook all your meals and avoid eating out.

if you need more help, just send a message, private message is also ok.

also, if you want to post your company and location, maybe we can give you more info.

don't take less than 5k if you'll be handling 30+ prod. staff  , transpo. and housing is a must if they don't have accommodation available for their employee's, the allowances are good enough,but i bet you can squeeze a bit more out of them, if you'l be supervising less than 30 then i think that's good enough.

ill just correct jerico if i may, FOOD ALLOWANCE is not a must for MANAGEMENT LEVEL EMPLOYEE, it actually depend's on the contract signed, POEA are only strict with rock and file positions, but when it comes to management post that's usually in a premium package salary they don't necessarily require.

Safety and security are not things you need to worry about at all in this country, more or less.

As for the package, my rule of thumb is, if it is at least double of what you are getting back home, accept it.  If you were Arab, you might get nearly double of that, and if you were white, you would get triple of that.  Unfortunately, salaries here depend on nationality.  I have no idea how it compares to salaries of others from your country in similar positions in the same or other companies, but I hope others can comment on that.

Hi Jericho,

Thanks for your prompt and helpful information. I really appreciate your time and effort in answering my queries. I will PM you the company and there website so that I may have also the idea on the standing of that company in that country.

Thank you and regards,

Micahel.

Hi ralph,

Thanks bro for your helpful response. I'll ask the employer about the other information needed and I will greatly consider your suggestions with regard on the number of staffs i will be handling.

Thank you,

Michael

Hi trapezius,

Thanks for that affirming thoughts. That was so nice of you. Appreciated.

Regards,

Micahel

sure michael, i'll wait for your PM.....

ralph, are you sure food allowance is not required?? because we sent the job listings required in our company to one agency in Mandaluyong (Phil), they sent us back the list, and asked us to provide at least 300 SAR food allowance for all jobs we wanted to post.

anyways, i do agree with you, a decent accommodation maintained by company is better than being given the housing allowance that is not enough to get a solo apartment.

2-3 bedroom apartments in our area is now 2500-3000 SAR per month...  and rising...

yes sir if im not mistaken, for SPECIAL PREMIUM PACKAGE in a higher post. it is not required anymore for they are above the minimum salary requirement of POEA,i think they only imposed strict standard salary for post. who are under 4k, maybe it's the demands of the applicants probably?

I See.. i thought it's mandatory to have minimum Food Allowance.

I am having the same questions since i'll be moving to Jeddah for Work.

Maybe I'll start an new thread for that. But Hey, the responses here are great. Adds information regarding th country I'll be moving into..