Family Visa

Hi
Is it possible for me and my son to come to Jeddah at the same time with my husband?
what is the type of visa?  will it be visit visa only then apply for family permanent residence visa after once he gets his iqama?  He will have a work visa being sponsored my his Company.  I just don't want to be left alone in our home country.

OR do i really have to wait here till he get his iqama then process for our family residence visa?
Any similar experiences please help...

Thanks a lot!

Hello Vinne,

I invite you to have a look at the topics found on this section : Information on visas in Jeddah
You might find some answers to your questions.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Thanks Priscilla for the reply appreciated :)

Hi Vinne,

As per Saudi Arabia's rule practically its not possible for you to come together with your husband. Here iqama is a residence permit issued to those expatriates who arrive in Saudi Arabia on an employment/work visa. It takes 2 weeks to 2 months time to obtain an Iqama after joining the Company.

After receiving the Iqama then only he can apply or sponsor his direct family members for permanent or temporary stay (Permanent Family Residence Visa / Family Visit Visa).

(***Note: Please also check with some HR experts in expat-blog in Saudi Arabian Riyadh forum, they are well aware of Saudi Arabia's new laws/rules ).

Good Luck!

Hi Syedstar,
Thanks for the reply :) appreciated.
Regards!