Importing a car in the Philippines

are you in cebu?

no i am in australia i am married to philapana she has an uncle in cebu in december next year i will move from australia to cebu

does anyone know what it costs to import a 2013 bmw x6 3500cc <3.5Litres> with value of $50K approx ? ..
Thank you .. JFS .

Hi wener.

now im doining used car business in Cebu Philippines.

If you have any question send me email to me.

i can answer you exact information

[email protected]

Jeon

no. as of now im come back to korea.

but i have my used car work shop in Cebu

Is your business up and running?  I'm planning on shipping a truck over, registered in my wife's name. Just wondering about the cost in taxes there

yes we are still running business

about the taxes.. plz send me email.
[email protected]

Hello, I would like to import a 2010 Kia Sorento from Saudi Arabia. Please advise

what region will you import in philippine?
Actually, custom system is slitly diffirent each reion
SUV is banned for importing nomally.

I think, it's no good idea.

Is the 50k the original MSRP?  If so, by the book its 1.5 million pesos. 

I have the customs spreadsheet. Just need the MSRP and year and can tell you what the total price to import is. Of course, this is the starting point if you have a good broker.

I plan on import to Davao

What is the MSRP?

hello guys im currently working in a car exporter here in japan, in case you guys are interested to know more about the company im working for please let me know.

hi since you are planning to import cars from Davao would you be kind enough to give me information about the car importation as i happen to be working in a car exporter here in Japan.

for those exporter from other country, it would be nice if you open a car display here in the visayas and in the mindanao. surely, your business will prosper as the residents are into used vehicles. i can help you establish your business in here legally. or even be your partner. just let me know if you are interested. :) thanks

Hi professor
I am look for partner Cebu I am working of cars and Suzuki busniess in Japan and If Ya  know some one  please let me know
Thanks

hello thanks for the reply.
first of all i would like to know which port is used for car importation so i would be able to encourage my boss and secondly what types of car do you guys normally import?

Muhammadjaved wrote:

Hi professor
I am look for partner Cebu I am working of cars and Suzuki busniess in Japan and If Ya  know some one  please let me know
Thanks

i can be your industrial partner. we talk it more via private message. :)

fredful wrote:

hello thanks for the reply.
first of all i would like to know which port is used for car importation so i would be able to encourage my boss and secondly what types of car do you guys normally import?

i recommend cebu port and cdo port. normally, we import: (1) mini van/multicabs, (2) elf/delivery trucks, and (3) used private motor vehicles. if you are into heavy equipment rental, it is also viable as the real estate business in the philippines is booming :)

I'm sorry, but were you the one who posted a good article about shipping used household goods to the Philippines, after getting a letter from the Philippines Dept. of Finance. I understand that because my wife is a Filipino, we are exempted from the custom taxes.

Thanks Don C

hello, good day!
yeah i believe it was me. now, i believe there are still some charges that must be paid though your wife is a Filipino as i is the custom`s protocol.
And regarding the car importation in Phils. I think it is still difficult as there are problems in registering the car unless you bring the car from your own country to Phils.
I hope you find this helpful.

no one knows how to do it. ever ask why there are some car shops selling used cars from other countries like korea and japan? if you know how they did, that would be your answer. i've learn it from a friend who's into selling used car. :)

Hey Thanks,
I don't know how this car thing got attached to me.  I am not bringing a car, I know it's a no no.  I only have used household furniture to ship.

Thanks
Don

hi I wonder where to contact you now in 2015?

hi can you message me more about it?

Hello there zhengmei,

Please let us know to whom are your posts intended to ? It can be confusing as there are several members on this thread.

Cheers,
Bhavna

Hello, Is it true what I heard, that if an American married to a Filipina and are retiring in the Philippines and the Filipina is a Dual Citizen of U.S. and Philippines., you are allowed to bring one vehicle for retirement there without any import tax?  No matter what kind of car it is?

Sorry to hear that but  corruption has no heart.  Same with farm equipment after Yolanda , people starving but no life on taxes for farm equipment.  I guess they would rather have their invalids not mobile and their farmers driving caribou. 
Well i am trying to do similar to Yourself  only to get a honda goldwing in. The tax free expat thing is by no means trustworthy, people we know send a container of household goods over only to find out once there that they had to pay 10k import tax. So much for the no tax for expats moving back home.  So i may end up disassembling it as i am tired of feeling like big bird on a 100cc bike there. lol    Would like to hear from anyone who knows how to get a MC and bypass the tax. thanks , Mike

Well i read enough scrap my idea of bringing a goldwing in.   I had met guys that had gotten bikes in and once riding never got a problem, or one said he had to flip a cop some pecos once to go away but thats all. My luck dont roll like that so best to forget the idea. thanks for ur views.

since the law does not distinguish, we also cant distinguish. yes, you can ;)

importing in pieces might be ur option but getting it licensed here is pretty much a challenge. :)

I know guys who balikbayan their harleys. Since they dont intend on selling it, never go about registering it either. Just stick an under registration plate like 99% of the vehicles. Police dont hassle big bikes with white guys like they do the underbones.

So what's the bottom line?????????  Are you telling me that because the whole country is based on corruption, that there's NOTHING that can be done on a normal and law abiding basis?  EVER? Either my Dual citizen (born in the Philippines) wife and I can bring One car in for retirement purposes without import fax or not? What's the official decision?

thanks that really helps and makes alot of sense too.  I met one guy down there that said  he got asked only one time and  a few pecos to the cop and there was nothing more to question as he disappeared like a genie, lol     thanks again,

right u are and i  would wonder if all that work is worth the end result.  Thanksfor the reply.  Will probably just scrap the idea all together.

Brother everyone i have spoken to over the years tell me they have yet to see someone get a car in untaxed, one couple told us that in Manila they just ignored the paperwork with a laugh and taxed them 4k  for an aging ford ranger. It seems it is a roll of the dice that i dont think i will take by the time cost of transport is paid and then not knowing if i got to pay import tax or not.  It has to be very sad to see people loose their stuff when they are told a big figure an dont have the  cash to pay it. good luck

I think u have the right idea as after years i still have not met anyone who successfully and happily brought their car or truck in.    I scrapped my furniture idea too after we saw a local couple get taxed 10k usd  on what was suppose to be free import program. At the end of the day it cost them over 25k  between shipping and taxes.  I pass  .

arty5987 wrote:

So what's the bottom line?????????  Are you telling me that because the whole country is based on corruption, that there's NOTHING that can be done on a normal and law abiding basis?  EVER? Either my Dual citizen (born in the Philippines) wife and I can bring One car in for retirement purposes without import fax or not? What's the official decision?

The simple answer is YES. Even the president has identified the Bureau of Customs as the most corrupt organization in the Philippines. My friend tried to import his Harley fatboy over from China, where he lived for 5 years. Hired a customs broker and all paperwork signed off. Shipped and arrived in Manila. BoC. says the paperwork is not correct as the bike is not completely bone stock. So his customs broker advised that easiest way is to buy the bike back when it comes to auction. So he had to bid against several agents who probably get kickbacks from the BoC. Paid p450k to buy his own bike.

The BoC agents will check to see if any nice vehicle arrives. If they like it, will come up with some bogus claim to seize it and then process it for auctioning. Of course no one knows about these auctions except for friends of the agents who buy the vehicle for next to nothing. Wola, receive clean papers and then can sell it and split proceeds with BoC agent.

A little off topic as i have a motorcycle that i bought.....

I bought a 2010 Harley Vrod Muscle (shipped in parts from Kuwait Harley dealership and reassembled) from an American guy last year for 500k.
He told me that it was not registered which is fair enough so i was kind of prewarned!

Now i would like to have it registered with legal documents so i am not sweating everytime i ride up to a police/LTO checkpoint. I know all about the just drop them a few paesos etc etc. I am not interested in all the ifs/buts & whys...just gimmie a figure please. 100k? 200k? 300k? 400k??

I have asked on other forums and had NO success with even an answer close to being in the ball park of what i am looking for as it seems almost to be a TABOO subject. :(

Is there anyone here that can just give me a ball park figure to register my motorcycle please???

Cheers
Dan  :dumbom:

The govt came down on those who do that a few years back so it is hard to find but can be done yet.  I too had the same concerns as you, and why i decided not to send the HD but instead i found a nice older goldwing, i figure if i lost the thing then i am not loosing a high dollar bike.  So i assume u have a paper plate on the bike,  do the checkpoints give u any crap about it?   Yeah i agree a guy wants stuff in black and white and not have to worry about it and that is why i been on the fence on sending this over myself as i dont want to go through all the bs just to end up loosing it someday.   I been told the right paperwork can be made, it is just a matter of  finding one of the people who can do it and do it correctly.  With all the corrupt govt stuff there one would think this would be a cake walk but it isnt as u found.
good luck  with it. Mike