New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself here - 1st quarter of 2015

Hi everyone! I've been in Bangkok for 2 weeks on my own and plan on being here for a couple of months longer. I'm looking to make friends with people that are in the same boat as me and want to do some exploring. All I've been shown is Khao San Road and that got boring quite quickly for me. I could do with meeting people who can tell/show me the best bits of Bangkok. I am doing a course 8-1 Monday to Friday so have a lot of spare time I need to fill

Hi,

Good Days!  How are you? Hope you are well.

How long have lived in Thailand?  How do you find Nakon Sri Thammarat?
Do you live alone or with some other friend?

If you need any help in Thailand , please feel free to leave your mssage in  here.

Thanks.

I'm a hairdresser by trade, married to a Thai, however I'm in law enforcement now. If I move to thailand is there anything I can do, to either do my trade or work in law enforcement.

I'm a hairdresser by trade, married to a Thai, however I'm in law enforcement now. If I move to thailand is there anything I can do, to either do my trade or work in law enforcement.

Helo everyone im from Pakistan. Graduate in Information Technology and looking for a job in Thailand

Hi, I am Nick. Live in los angeles, planning to go Thailand for vacation but considering leaving there permanent, since I retired in usa. Enjoy warm weather and beach, country side.  Would like to find out more information about wether for April. That's for now.

Hi, I am Nick. Live in los angeles, planning to go Thailand for vacation but considering leaving there permanent, since I retired in usa. Enjoy warm weather and beach, country side.  Would like to find out more information about wether for April. That's for now. If I can find missionary people who are helping pour is my second wish.

Hi Nick,

Warm regards from Thailand..  My name is Vit., I am Thai currently living in Bangkok. Good to hear you are planing to spend your retirement in Thailand. Yes,you have made a correct decision to relocating in Thailand. There are many expats were relocated in Thailand (either from Europe,Canada,US, Russian,Scandinavian as well as the Asian)

Thailand is nice country and enrich with a beautiful traditional and culture..Thai people are nice as well.,they are friendly,sympathy, full of serviced mind...etc.  Yes, in April we do a big festival called "Song Karn Festival" (it's a big holidays season)..Thais called "The Thai traditional New Year".  I realized you should ever heard it before.

Anyways,Can you please tell me when will you suppose to move to Thailand ?  You can reach me at:[email protected]

I am visiting Hau Hin,Thailand for the month of May but need help in locating Hostels with ladies Dorm OR finding a studio apt. (as I expect this is the next cheapest accommodation).  As I am on my own, Hotels are too expensive.  Can anybody who lives in Hau Hin help me, they might even know Thai families that rent out accommodations.  I really do not want to pay more than US$20 a night for a good, clean accommodation, preferably as near to the beach as I can get.
Thank you.
MaryLouAnn

Hi Wasima,

I am from SA and have been in Thailand for nearly 3 years. To work here you need some very special skills. It is possible to get work permit for lesser skills but the your renumeration will be slave wages compared to SA. Generally, a work permit is going to need to be submitted by the company you will be employed by.

This really applies to most countries in the world actually, as I also have friends in the USA. (Of course if you are a multi-millionaire, you could start a company, or invest here; there are investment minimum amount aspects in both cases, as well).

My suggestion to you would be do your own online research about Thailand work permit aspects.

Then I would I lastly suggest making a trip to Thailand (up to 3 months on a tourist visa), after you have got some possibilities lined up and look at the reality from within Thailand. I'm sorry if I've made it sound kind of difficult/negative, but that is reality. My situation relates differently to yours, so its really no use explaining it.

Regards, Don.

Hello,
        I have read your post.. m also coming to THailand next week. i hope you could help to find a job and conver my tourist visa to NON B visa than i can work and stay there.. Live Long.

Hello Everyone,
                           My all Prays and Blessings are for you all member of this Blog.
  This is Tahir from Karachi, Pakistan Standing 6 Feet 3 Inches Tall with 91 Kg Weight. Moving to Thailand Next week and willing to live there for a Year or more. I'm Professional Bodybuilder and Fitness Trainer / Vocalist Guitarist / Model. My Education is Double Masters in 2 Degrees MBA (Marketing) and MCS (Masters in Computer Science) will love to meet new peoples here and there in Thailand around the world.
  I respect and Appreciate Every single Human on this Earth Born for a Reason and Nobody is Useless and Extra. Regardless of Races.Culture,Traditions,Languages,Countries,Religions,Black n White. Rememebr!
We all are One World and Every Country is EXIST on this Planet Earth.!!!

Love you all.

I'm Gemma. I'm Thai but lived aboard but now moved back to bangkok. I'm looking to make a new friend becasue I cant reconnect with my old friends. Would be nice to get to know you. I think we have some hug in common. I'm easy going,friendly and sincere. Let me know if u wanna up or we can exchange phone number.

:P  My Dearest friends Thailand is very reasonable and Economical place to Live Work and STUDY in very Nominal and Low Budget. it's not necessary to live in only Bangkok and Pattay. there is allot of other attraction all you have to do is physically visit the places instead of searching on web.
LIVE LONG THAILAND

Gemma M Comming 2 Thailand next week what is your number?? will meet up there and i bet it will be all fun and chill.
               STAY BLESSED  :)

Things are not always so easy and fun for us when we intend to start our journey to any new place. m coming to Thailand next week and will live there more than a year as i started my business in Pattaya, will meet u up there and i guarantee you will only see the Fun.. Cheers

Thailand Thailand Thailand!

Everybody Wants 2 Move Thailand

Off Course!

Thailand is a Best place ever i seen in my Entire Life,!

I had been 2 U.S , U.K , AUSTRALIA , MALAYSIA , DUBAI , SRI LANKA , GERMANY , COSTA RICA.

But I have never seen such Fun Life Chill Thrill anywhere But in Thailand.

LIVE LONG THAILAND.

Hey thanks for sharing this special information. House about wether, does it drastically change ever.

Hi my name is Jason, 44 and single wanting to retire in Thailand at an earlier age.
After visiting 2 xs to phuket I've learned that I want the thai life sooner then later.

My idea is to find a condo prob in chang Mai which has two 1 bedroom nice condos ajoining one another . So I can rent one and live in one !
Is this possible ?
After visiting phuket a second time I noticed too expensive but if way more affordable in chang mai I can always visit  beach cities for long weekends.
Any feedback is welcome !
A place w pool, low monthly Maint fees near city is ok.

Working with refugees in thai-burma border for almost a year now...yet to fully experience the real Thai life because of tight schedule. Would love to meet new people and get some fresh air.
-Rodo

Hi am shobhna want to go bankok because my hubby live in bankok and I have done b pharma from a recognised university have a 2 years experience in hospital that's why am going to bankok

Hi, my name is Nick and am interested to know more about how to help with refugees problem. Thank you.

Hello, Im ratna currently living in Jakarta, Indonesia. Im looking for a job in Bangkok, Thailand.
hope to find some connections, and friends.. :)

Hi Dear
I have been there in Bangkok for over than 4 years and I know Quite enough there, I'll be there in few months let we have negotiation about this!

hello everyone,
I am from Uk do visit bkk often for business work.
still no plans to shift to bkk.
but shall visit there almost every month.
so looking to make new friends.

Hello,
I am Tony.
I have been coming many years to Thailand, I live in France but born in England and British education.
I try to find a way to live in Thailand, as I like the culture very much and feel very happy there.
I am semi-retired, but my retirement is too little to get retirement visa. I thought of teaching English via the CELTA diploma but obstacle to employment, I do not have university degree.
Any information very welcome!!

:cool:  Hello Everyone!

Well, This is T.A

AM GONNA START MY OWN BODY FITNESS GYM FOR MALE/FEMALES in TH Very Soon!!

Very Welcome All of my Respected Friends and Bloggers.

Kindly Subscribe and Share your Experiences Regarding Gym and Fitness Issues in TH. ??

NEVER GIVE UP.  :thanks:

Pumpingiron, do you speak English.  That is the #1 problem in Thailand, no one can speak English.  Patrick

Hello everyone!
This look like a great expats blog? I am Thai, 27 somehow I randomly run into this blog, does the expat here only  looking to meet just expats or is ok for local like me to join?

cheers
-lali

Hi lali > thank you for your message.

You are on the New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself thread. If you are looking for contacts or have questions, you should please start a new topic on the forum.

You might also participate and help members with their questions concerning your country, this will also help you to have more contacts here. Thank you

Hey wondering if we can be friends and get to know each other.

Hi all new to the forum but lived in Thailand for 10yrs around ko tao and Phuket now just moved to Bangkok rama 2 area we have a business here and child starting school soon.. getting bored of zero conversation already........arrrrrgh.. lol

Am Fahad from Dubai 26 years
On Monday i will be at Bangkok
Hope to meet new friends

Hi my name is wayne at the moment I live in cornwall in the uk
I am moving to phuket to get married to my thai girl friend in may and later moing to thailand
hopefully for good , but need to find a job first , at the moment I work in a meat factory been there 10 years time for a change I drive a forklift , so not much skill base .love dogs so job looking after dogs would be good

Hi my name is wayne I am comint to bkk in may to marry my thai girl friend and want to come and live permanent but need to get job at the moment I work for a meat factory as a forklift driver , but I will do eney thing to make money as long as it legal

I am Indian , I have one gf in Chonburi province then I would like to do job in Bangkok or Samutprakran and Pattaya Chonburi, I have Political science and Geography (B.A) H.R for master's degree

[email protected]

Bhisam Kumar Singh

hey im moving to thailand in a month. mid to end of april

I'm a 35 yrs old Singaporean living in Bangkok with my wife for my 3rd year already. Prior to this, I've spent 15 years living in Melbourne.

I'd like to meet more people of different backgrounds in Bangkok.

Hi All,,, Nice to know all of you in this forum.

Call me Antoni and I am currently living and working In Bangkok :)

Feel free to see my profile and would love to know everyone from different background.

Have a nice weekend

Antoni

I'm a 33-year old New Zealander joining all those digital nomads in Chiang Mai in a month.  The plan is to stay three with the inevitable visa runs if I really like it here.

Closed