Migrating to USA with an active residence visa in dubai

Hi,
I worked in Dubai for 4 months and went back to the Philippines for a vacation but I never went back to Dubai. Since my visa is still active will this affect my migration to the US, will I be put on hold in the Philippine immigration for having an active visa in Dubai. Do I still need to have this cancelled first? Thanks in advance

Hello karloff and welcome to Expat.com

Your thread has been moved to the USA forum since this is your destination. Maybe experts there will be able to inform you about the latter.

Where will you be going in the USA?

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Thanks Kenjee

Me and my wife will be moving to New York probably by next month we already have our visa. I just hope that my Dubai visa won't affect our departure.

Hi Karloff,

Your immigration to the US doesn't have anything to do with you having an active visa for Dubai. All that matter is that you meet the requirements to immigrate to the US. It sounds like you've got everything sorted out. best of luck and enjoy the Big Apple!

Ava

Hi Ava,

Im glad to hear that! Thanks so much for the info. We decided to move our departure date to April so that my son wont have a hard time adapting to the climate. Thanks again!

Karloff