New members of the South Korea forum, introduce yourself here - 1st quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the South Korea forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in South Korea if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the South Korea forum, introduce yourself here continues below!

Hello everyone! I'm Brittany... and I'm a travelholic LOL.
I record some of my experiences on my blog...
BrittanyJefferson.com
check it out!
I've been in Korea for over 3 years so I haveno problems answering any questions newbies may have :)

Hello peeps!!^^

I am David! I am new here. But not new in the world!!^^ Planning on either to study in korea or moving over to there.

I am here to make new friends and to know more people around the world!!^^

Looking forward to it!!

Cheers

David

Hello,

I'm Ina. I'm from Uzbekistan, Tashkent. I plan to visit Seoul for the first time this month for business trip and stay there for 3 months.
I'm new here. I would like to make friends.

Sincerely,
Ina

hello everybody.

Hey there people, I'm Lia, a Mexican very interested in Korean culture. I would like to go there and stay for a while,   but everything is a little confusing right now.

From what I've seen there's a lot of options for people born in native English speaking countries to go teach, and I would love to teach, but I have been rejected a couple of times because of the visa situation.

I hope to get help here organizing my options.

If you don't hae luck here, you should also try with couchsufing, the website connects locals with tourists, they can take you out for fun, recommend places or answer questions and all those things

Dear all
I am new, from Singapore
I started working this year in South Korea
Its nippy cold, but I am getting used to it.
I am spa manager in Busan Centum Park1
I pretty  like atmosphere , seemingly  koreans are pursuing beaty and health.
I wantta share all my experience, knowledge I learned
take care all of you

Hello Ina

Understand you are coming  to S.Korea on a business trip  - for 3 months .  If you already have your business partner(s)  in S.Korea , i  am  sure  they will be help you out .
Welcome to  S.Korea  ... if you are planning to come here after another month or so ... the weather would be perfect . I have been  here  in  S.Korea  for  quite a long time  so , hopefully  I should be able to guide and answer your questions . Feel  free to  ask  anything .

SailOn wrote:

Hello Ina

Understand you are coming  to S.Korea on a business trip  - for 3 months .  If you already have your business partner(s)  in S.Korea , i  am  sure  they will be help you out .
Welcome to  S.Korea  ... if you are planning to come here after another month or so ... the weather would be perfect . I have been  here  in  S.Korea  for  quite a long time  so , hopefully  I should be able to guide and answer your questions . Feel  free to  ask  anything .

thank u for ur response, SailOn
I dont speak Korean at all: will it be a big problem?

Hi robin. welcome to korea

Hi, i'm Ayu from Indonesia.
I'm new here and i really wanna have friends here  :D
Nice to meet u all  :)
I interested to have a trip in South Korea, but i don't know when.
So lucky for u guys that have a chance to work and have a holiday in there.

Hello everyone I'm Gemalyn N.here in South Korea,Very nice here and have many many nutritious food...I wish that next month I can work as a permanent teacher.

Hi to all!

I am currently living in Vienna, Austria and would like to move to Korea one day, for at least one year.
If someone from Korea is interested in Austria (or Croatia, where I come from) and have some questions I will be happy to help ...  :)

iam mr.charlito c.cayasa..43age.single ill need job..here in part in masan or changwon city. If you have vacancy hotel workers..iam finish H.R.M..course in philippines..i work in dusit hotel nikko manila garden philippines.now iam here in changwon city south korea..befor ill work in reach motel in gumi city..as room attendant.

Thnks you....

Hello charlito c.cayasa,

If you are looking for a job, i would suggest you to create your CV on Jobs in South Korea so that potential employers can see.

Kindly note that this discussion is mainly for the presentation of new members.

Thank you
Yuveshen

Ok thanks.....

Hello. 안녕하세요

I'm Manvir from India. I am a software engineer. I travel to foreign countries sometimes for work.

I've been to Korea and I enjoyed my stay there (other than work ;) )

Hope to meet nice people here. Have a great day

좋은 하루 되세요

hi gemalyn, you are filipino too, i believe. i want to work in korea as well but, its kinda difficult to have a visa. i am a bachelors degree graduate and a professional in the healthcare field. i had experience in teaching english as well. any tips on how can i jumpstart my quest to be able to work in korea? thanks!

hi im adeel  from pakistan but now a days living in south korea when are you coming to korea ?

hi im adeel  from pakistan but now a days living in south korea when are you coming to korea ?

Hi GleeGlenn, i am a filpino too. My wish is to work also in Korea. ^__^. And you're from Iloilo? I lived there before until i finished my degree then currently living in Boracay for work. kk

hi Jangmirose. yeah, same here, been struggling to experience the korean dream. haha. so, what do you plan now? any steps you took to jumpstart your goal?

My friends and i are planning to work in Singapore maybe the end of this year or next year but i prefer to work in S.Korea and i don't know how and where to apply.hehe. How about you?

Do you have a kakao/wechat account?

By the way, here is my e-add: [email protected]

robinjames wrote:

Dear all
I am new, from Singapore
I started working this year in South Korea
Its nippy cold, but I am getting used to it.
I am spa manager in Busan Centum Park1
I pretty  like atmosphere , seemingly  koreans are pursuing beaty and health.
I wantta share all my experience, knowledge I learned
take care all of you

welcome to Busan.

Hello everyone,

I have a plan to visit South Korea for solo travelling. Is there anyone here has done it before? Would like to hear about it. Thank you.

Hello everyone, my name is Mildred and am from Nigeria. I wish to move to South Korea soon and that's why I started making enquiries on how to begin. Please Kindly look upon me as I am really excited about it. I want to learn the culture and most especially the language.

Hey there fellow people!

I'm a pretty average guy who enjoys making movies or other entertainment pieces.

Currently I am living in Korea and enjoying creating a Vlog about life in Korea vs life in Australia.

Feel free to hit me up for a chat and I'm always open for some positive contribution to my Vlog.

Here is the YouTube link

[link moderated: No advertising on the forum please]

That's nice, what kind of movies do you make? Couldn't view ur link though. What part of South Korea are you in and how do they generally recieve foreigners? Thank you

That is a shame about the link not being approved...

Anyway I make videos about my life in Korea compared to Australia. A mix of funny informative and random.
I also make other videos about lifes tough choices and difficult situations.

I'm living Suwon and they have been really nice.
Even speaking in English at times to try have conversation.
There are a couple of times that general manners seem to be lacking, however you find this in most countries.

As far as being a foreigner they have been very accepting.

PS: if you search YouTube for
"straya guy in korea"
You can find me.

Alright thank you. Can I add you among my contacts? Am already browsing through youtube.... cheers

Yes of course you can :)

Woa for real no crawlies in Korea? And this thing I hear about adultery being legalised is that true? Lastly for now is it true Koreans can't have more than two children as a law? Am still going through the videos.....very interesting and well done.

There are apparently bugs, but like I said much less than Australia and indeed difficult to find.

The adultery law changed earlier this year.
It was interesting as previously people were jailed for cheating on their partners.
I don't know why they changed it but I think it was a good law :)

As for the children... No that is not a law in Korea... At least South Korea... I'm not sure about North Korea.

Hi

I am new in Seoul and would like to meet new people! I am French and i was living previously in Vietnam. 

See you!

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=462036

Thanks!

Closed