Leaving Oman

Hi All

I am planning on leaving Muscat in approx 4 months, my visa does not expire for approx 7 months, what formalitys do I have to do before I leave.
As I no longer want to work for my company.
Your answers are highly appreciated

Bobby

Hi Bobby1983,

It is really important that you exit the country with a clean chit - with nothing left undone, or still left pending.

First and foremost make sure your visa is cancelled just prior to your departure before you go to immigration at the airport's departure lounge. For this, your company PRO must be physically be present with you and with all the official exit documents signed and sealed.

At the check-out gate, make sure your passport is sealed with the 'exit' stamp as evidence of your exit.

If you simply walk away without cancelling your employment visa then you would be considered an 'absconder'. And that could have some serious repercussions in case you are planning on returning someday.

Try and get an NOC from your company, as these days you cannot come back to Oman (on any visa) if you do not possess your last employer's NOC.

Besides these mandatory exit procedures, make sure you close all your accounts in banks, mobile service providers, land line connections, et al.

Clear all your outstanding dues with the bank(s) - in case you have taken any loan, etc. Same with your car installments and credit card outstandings.

Make sure you do not leave with any pending or unfinished business, especially if it is official.

Good luck.

Thank you very much sumitran for the information.
Could I not even return to oman if I had a uae visa.
Also I have been under my company visa for 3 and a half years am I entitled to gratuity

Thanks again

Hi Bobby1983,

The rule specifies that any expatriate who is leaving Oman for good must have an NOC from his last employer if he wants to return for whatever reason - tourist, family-joining, or even as an investor. Am not sure about the gratuity rules.

Dear Sumitran,

I hope my queries to this old thread can be replied.

I am in a situation at the moment I lost my job and I got an offer with STS Oman, I have to exit (cancellation) the country to re-enter on their visa due to some visa clearance issue.

Now the challenge is I have a credit card outstanding also a flat rental contract which I did not close as I am returning back.

Now at the time of exiting Oman with cancellation would these outstanding and the rental contract be a problem??

If there is any complications at the time of exiting than will find my ways to clear the issues before exiting.

Await your reply.
Thanks,
Jim

yes, you are entitled to receive gratuity in the amount of 15's days basic salary (last drawn) for each year of your first 3 years of service and 1 month basic salary for each year of service beyond 3 years.