Unlocking iPhone on Vodafone UK...Help please!!

Fred wrote:
coxf0001 wrote:

What are you talking about???!!! Rob has already given the correct information. After 3 months of contract with Vodafone UK, ANYONE can get their phone unlocked for a charge of 19.99 in the first year. There are NO clauses of late payments/socioeconomic status.
If you 'bothered' to check, please quote your references with a link.

Not anyone, absolutely not people who have broken their contract, or for a number of other reasons.
If you think they can. consider why the OP can't.

Bought from ebay - won't unlock

Again, what are you talking about? It clearly states in the link you provided that it can not be unlocked through a 3rd person account. Please, find appropriate links to your argument that it can not be unlocked if you are a poor payer/before contract end/etc

Gosh, everyone can get an unlock.
One can't.
That doesn't count.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 57#1265992
Voda are keen on their contracts, even if you move to malta, demanding you actually keep to the terms you agree on when you get a discounted phone.

Do you really think they're going to allow someone who has left the country, and has a poor record to get out of their contract that easily?

"my phones been cut off so can't text back!! Shall I meet you outside hatters at 7.20?", says the OP, six months before asking how to unlock a phone.

Anyway.
http://kenstechtips.com/index.php/cance … hould_I_do

That explains how companies subsidise the phone, then expect you to pay up if you want to cancel the contract (How unfair - not(.
Now consider the OP, do you really think they're going to make it easy for her?

Thinking they're going to allow an easy way out is silly, and daft to argue about when it's stated in the OP.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/ … e-request/

If your device is blacklisted, we won't be able to send you an unlock code.

Blacklisting can be for many reason, stolen, lost, or bills not paid.

Don't tell me, all phones can be unlocked, so this doesn't count.

Fred the original poster posted on 17th September 2012 so if your referring to them then I assume that they have sorted an alternative phone or unlock by now , I was responding to a latter poster who asked about phone unlocking ... You seem obsessed with making up information about posters which they haven't provided .   We get that people should pay their contracts but if they don't it really is no concern of yours.

As I have said unlocking your phone is not the same as trying to cancel a contract .... You can unlock your phone and keep your contract like I have done on previous occasions , I did this so I can use another sim for when I run out of Internet muniutes , it's never affected my contract nor have Vodafone , EE or O2 ever tried to charge me for getting out of the contract .... It's just a simple phone unlock .

robpw2 wrote:

You seem obsessed with making up information about posters which they haven't provided

Not making it up, checking it out.
All the info regarding the reasons that unlock was refused is available to anyone.
People insist all phones will be unlocked, something that simply isn't true.

However, the pedantic attitude of many remains, insisting on assuming a simplified version of the name, one that is in common use, means I have no clue which company I'm talking about.
All the more silly because I've already posted links to that company.
Frankly, they can't be bothered to check out their arguments, then use silly posts in an attempt to replace logic and checking out the reasons phones won't be unlocked.

Voda will not unlock any phone - that information is wrong, regardless as to how many times people insist it is right.