Salary expectations for a family

Hi there,
I have been offered a position with a minimum starting salary of 12100 per month.  Accommodation/utilities, health insurance, flights etc are paid for - as well as transport to and from work.  We will be paying for food, cellphones & possibly internet. Do you think this is enough for a family of two adults and a toddler to live on comfortably?  We would probably only go out once a week. Lol would we possibly be able to save too?
Thanks!

hi madam where is this place of work...iam interested

The most expensive here is accommodations n and medical, if these two are covered then 12000 is really a good salary and u can enjoy life with saving bugs as well.
Internet with TV will cost u about 500 a month while you can budget similar amount for cell phones as well, another 2000 for food stuff and groceries each month. So a total of 3000 expenses you have to bear till ur toddlers starts schooling.
You may need a car, a good card will cost u 1500 per month instalment for 5 years and maximum of 200 dirhams petrol will be more than enough if u go for outing once a week only . So the expenses remains within 5000 dirhams

Hope this helps.

U may send me message if u need any specific information

Thanks

Hello MissMeganH

It would be best if you could specify where you will be working in the UAE so that members can best advise you.

Please check out our section Cost of living of the forum to gather as much info as possible

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello Keenjee,

In the Cost of Living section there is nothing about Al Fujairah. Where can i get info over this Emirate?

Thank you in advance, best regards

Pedro&Vanda

Hello Pedro&Vanda

For the Emirates, you may get info over the Main United Arab Emirates Forum, where you will find infos about all the destinations in United Arab Emirates countries.

You may also read our articles in the Living in the United Arab Emirates Guide

Kenjee
Expat.com Team