One month's stay

I am planning on a visit, based in Manila (Cebu? Davao the safe part). One month rental, but to western standards i.e. kitchen, bathroom, satellite tele, aircon, safe neighbourhood. Any suggestions for 1 bedroom, at the same time not too confining a space. Cheers (minus 13C Feb. 17th in Toronto).

Go check out airbnb.com They have lots of Houses, condos, apartments listed for wherever you may stay. Rent houses for cheaper than a hotel! I use them almost exclusively when I travel. Especially in the Philippines!

Hi. I have a new fully furnished 3br apartment on Mactan, Lapu Lapu City. We are in a condominium project. Very quiet area with swimming pool and 24/7 security. Apartment has air con, fans in all rooms, hot shower, all cooking requirements, sat TV(cignal) and bedding for 8. My apartment is specially set up for large families. Standard price for 2 adults is P1200 per day + P50 per day for each additional person. So for 6 persons that would be P1400 and and you have 2 spare beds for guests. I can assure you that you will not find accommodation of this quality at a lower price for six people on Mactan. You can view our website at garrymcneilly.wix.com/my-cebu-experience for more info

-JohnnyBravo- wrote:

Go check out airbnb.com They have lots of Houses, condos, apartments listed for wherever you may stay. Rent houses for cheaper than a hotel! I use them almost exclusively when I travel. Especially in the Philippines!

I've just checked out the link you've given. really nice!

glad you like it. Maybe you will come and stay?

Hi torontoyyz,

you should also post in the housing section :

https://www.expat.com/en/housing/asia/philippines/

I guess it could help ;)

gmcne4 > you should post your ad ... in the housing section, please

I suggest that you move from place to place. Philippines is too beautiful to confine yourself in one area, spend one week in Cebu, one week in Davao, El Nido and Makati.

I am new to this. So yes it makes senseto post in accommodation. Thanks

Yes I have used them in Porto Lisbon Rome Newark all successful exceptfor Toulouse. Cheers.

torontoyyz wrote:

Yes I have used them in Porto Lisbon Rome Newark all successful exceptfor Toulouse. Cheers.

What happened in Toulouse?

it rained for the 3 full days I was there, I had not been to France since the Euro started. I was in TLS really for the airbus industrie tour, which I found actally disappointing. The accommodation was from a female, it seemed she rents when she needs extra money. Having said that there was mould in the bathroom/shower, clothes machine was full of her things not emptied so I could not do laundry, the refrigerator was full of her food, some half eaten. So not a nice experience, no wi-fi so I could not contact airbnb to find me something else; hotels were very pricy as I did look around. Thank for asking.

torontoyyz wrote:

it rained for the 3 full days I was there, I had not been to France since the Euro started. I was in TLS really for the airbus industrie tour, which I found actally disappointing. The accommodation was from a female, it seemed she rents when she needs extra money. Having said that there was mould in the bathroom/shower, clothes machine was full of her things not emptied so I could not do laundry, the refrigerator was full of her food, some half eaten. So not a nice experience, no wi-fi so I could not contact airbnb to find me something else; hotels were very pricy as I did look around. Thank for asking.

Thanks for the info, do intend to use airbnb

For short term rentals in Mandaluyong area :top:
airbnb.com/rooms/3493285

Thank's for the suggestion......very kind of you. Actually, looking to stay 1-2 years
Minimum.
Warm Regards,
Ron