Need to rent an accommodation and a car - share your experience

Hi All,

I'm Benjamin, French expat about to move to Panama city for at least 6 months. My company sends me here, so i'll have to find a flat, rent a car... I was thinking to live in Pailtilla or Punta Pacifica since it's clean, safe and nearby everything, but I'd be interested to have feedback from people who are living/had lived there : what about entertainement, shops, restaurants ... ? I don't really know the city so I'm open to suggestions ! I'm 25yo, and willing to meet other young expats =)

Looking forward to meeting you,

Ben

Hi Benjamin,

I live in Punta Paitilla (where the rent is a bit less expensive than in Punta Pacifica -- although this much depends on the specific tower / number of bedroom / amenities / etc.).

There are two shopping malls at walking distance with pretty much anything you can think of (including movie theaters), a countless number of grocery stores, some open 24 hours, two hospitals, various other medical clinics, a number of restaurants, and more.

In this area you can pretty much live without a car.

- Adriano

Hello Benjamin and welcome to Expat.com

So as to help you get better feedbacks kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Panama Forum.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi Benjamin

I've tried to reply to your previous PMs using the Reply" button, but for some reason it hasn't worked. I hope this reply to your post does go through. My apartment in the Yoo building has been booked provisionally, pending payment of the deposit. The deadline agreed is this Saturday, so it may be possible for you to view the apartment on Monday. I'll let you know.