Where to live in France?

Hello everyone!
I'm new to this page, and I'm thinking about moving to France to finish high school (Lycée). So, my question is, which is (or which one do you think is) the best city to live in France as a student and why? I've been to Paris before and it obviously is my main choice, but I bet there are more cool places to live. If there's any other thing you would like to tell me please do so, I'm really looking forward to moving to France!
Thank you! :D

Personally I'd say Lyon, Nantes or Toulouse. All great lively cities with a lot to do, and a good student atmosphere (Although I'm basing that on when I was a university student, I have no idea what's it like to go to High School in France).
I'd say their not such expensive cities to live in either, but not knowing your financial situation I'd just say that it can be very expensive in France (especially Paris).

All the best,
James

I'll second Lyon. Had a great time there as an exchange student in college.

Nantes is a place to iive and study. House are not expensive and live is so easy and they are many school. Only two hours to Paris in train. But if you like Paris it left yo you. Good lock

Why big cities??? There are nice small universitary towns in France with a lot of students. Caen in Normandy, with an uni what welcomes a lot of latino students every year, and a city between sea and lanscape, or Angers, Tours, in Val de Loire, or Metz, Nancy, in East. After, if you want a big town, you have too Strasbourg, Nice, Bordeaux, Lille...

I would highly recommend Lyon! I have came here and I felt in love and now I started to learn language as I do not want to leave  ;)  J'adore  :heart:  Lyon! So you can actually check on why you should choose Lyon over for example Paris as your destination: 25 reasons on why you should choose Lyon over Paris (shopaholicfromhome.com/25-reasons-to-choose-lyon-over-paris-in-pictures/) I hope you will agree and maybe you will have a few more to add?