Filipino Store

hi there,

I was wondering if there's a Filipino store (food) in Sliema, St Julians or Gzira areas.. or Filipino restaurants in Malta at all?

thanks
Gab

Hi gabrio,

I supposed you are a Filipino based on your inquiry. :) Filipina here and planning to move to Malta. How did you get there? :) just womdering the process you went through just to get there.

Hi

Actually my wife is filipina and we wanted to buy some groceries in filipino store like we used to do in London.

So cannot advise sorry since i am EU and had a job offer here in Malta so she is with me, very easy.

Gabrio

hello gabrio, there is an Asian Store in Sliema, it's just a small store but you can find filipino products in there.
For the exact location I'll send message once my husband is awake, he's taking his nap at the moment.

CebLuch wrote:

hello gabrio, there is an Asian Store in Sliema, it's just a small store but you can find filipino products in there.
For the exact location I'll send message once my husband is awake, he's taking his nap at the moment.

hey

did your husband ever got up from that nap? LOOOL

lol

sorry for the delay. And my apology because it's not in Sliema as what I've said. It's in Gzira, it's near in Alfie Salon.

Probably he meant the Asia Store, it is on the corner of Turu Rizzo and Nazju Ellul, I hope I spelled them correctly. I don't know anything about Filipino food, but it has a vast selection of Thai, Japanese, Chinese products.

hello pevi,

I guess you know the place too since you are from Gzira..thanks for the additional info.

Yes it is the Asia Store and there are also filipino products as well :).

CebLuch wrote:

lol

sorry for the delay. And my apology because it's not in Sliema as what I've said. It's in Gzira, it's near in Alfie Salon.

Is this near azzopardi fishmonger???

Good morning Gab

I don't know where is azzopardi but I found their facebook page/account. Their address is nazju ellul street gzira. Phone # 79806416
Here is their facebook account:
facebook.com/pages/Asia-food-store/459277734170673

CebLuch wrote:

Good morning Gab

I don't know where is azzopardi but I found their facebook page/account. Their address is nazju ellul street gzira. Phone # 79806416
Here is their facebook account:
facebook.com/pages/Asia-food-store/459277734170673

Yeah that's the one, I have already been there. Azzopardi is just 2 minutes walk from there, is a very good fishmonger I have to say, don't bother buying fish anywhere else!

thanks
Gabrio

Hi,

Heres the infor for the store you're looking for

Asia Food Store
Address: 51 , Triq Nazju Ellul Gzira

Mob: 79 806 416

It is somewhere around the road between Azzoppardi Fish store and Alfie Salon

Easy to find good luck

There is one shop which they have also Filipino products in Sliema.Oriental supermarket

hello po. i know my question is irrelevant to this topic but i just wanted to know po if there's filipino community here in malta? thanks!

Hello,

We've recently just moved here in Malta and I'm looking for one too. But I prefer more like a family focused community as I've got my 2 year old daughter. We're currently living in Sliema. Let me know if you fancy meeting up for a coffee and chitchats :)

hello there.
i am filipina from philippines, and i am looking for part time job. like  waitress or promo girl.
i am currently living in paola. thank you. here'S my mobile. 77372827

Hi, Did you find the fillipino community in here Malta? I know that there is as my wife is/was Filipina but she never went if you want i can ask her

Oddly enough Pavi has a wide selection of Asian food as they now have their own counter selling Asian cuisine.

Hi Mr Gabrio,

I'm myra from Philippines and i was married as well with italian, and  I saw your profile that  came from italy,
and i saw one of your written from the topic that you wife is Filipina, I was just wondering if your Wife are looking for some Filipina friends, just wondering, in case she can contact me.  thanks.

(Moderated: please post in the jobs section)

myramonesitmay wrote:

hello there.
i am filipina from philippines, and i am looking for part time job. like  waitress or promo girl.
i am currently living in paola. thank you. here'S my mobile. 77372827

Do you have a work permit, otherwise you may find yourself in trouble with the authorities for working !

Chardor wrote:

Do you have a work permit, otherwise you may find yourself in trouble with the authorities for working !

I understand that myramonesitmay is looking for work at this stage and then it would be up to the employer to apply for the permit.
She also has 'social security and Maltese residence' so what is the problem?

A friend of mines husband, who is from the Philipines, also had a work permit and paperwork to work and live in Malta UNTIL his contract ran out, no job and was deported when his job finished.  He wasn't given the opportunity to find alternative work ... I just thought it was a valid question, in light of the circumstances that I know of.

Well we don't know all the circumstances do we, she could be married to a Maltese National or EU Resident etc.
Just read her profile and seems to be married to an Italian, so should be no problems.

My family will move to Malta around June juky. What is it like looking for a house to rent? I've got two precocious good boys who will be with us 11 and 7. Need to keep them busy. Would want to know what Maltese life is like for us specially the change coming from
London. Thanks