Please Help

Dear Friends,

Situation: I am new to UAE. Presently working in dubai. My present employer not paid salary from 2 and a half month since I joined here. I have decided to leave my present job. I have an offer from Oman right now and my future employer asked me to do medical to process visa.

Queries:
1. What is the legal procedure so that I can get my salary from present employer and exit as well?
2. What are my dues that I may have to bear due to my decision of resignation?
2. If I do medical in dubai, is that valid to process oman visa?
3. Which way is legally correct? Is it to go back to India and then take work visa of Oman? or take work visa when I am in dubai and then join Oman Co straight away from dubai?

Hi gurunandan,

Yours is not a stray incident or an unusual case. It is far too common and prevalent occurrence across all GCC countries for so many other expatriate employees, unfortunately. So take it in your stride and thank your stars ... you are very lucky as you have an alternative job opportunity open before you. Grab it with both hands.

Since your queries 1 and 2 are pertaining to the local jurisdiction are best replied by someone from the Dubai forum.

Yes, you can do your medicals in Dubai and send it to you Oman employer, provided you do it in any of the approved medical centres there.

You can join your job in Oman directly from Dubai without having to return to India, if you so wish. Your Oman employer would only have to deposit your employment visa at the Muscat International Airport prior to your arrival. And you must carry some sort of a proof - scanned copy of the employment visa, deposit receipt - prior to boarding your flight from wherever.

Good luck.