New members of the Bahamas forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Bahamas forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in the Bahamas if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I wish to hv my permanet residence in bahamas and also hv my working permit ,so that I can able to work ,and do some business there,simce am a business man here.tanx

I am Anago James Akeem Osho. I am a Tourism Manager, Tourist guide and Folk Singer. I'll like to learn more about Bahamas Tourism and how i can learn and participate in the industry.

Hello, My name is Kim and I am not an expat yet, but I will be within a few years.  I am interested in doing two things while making the Bahamas my new home.  I would like to continue my farming experience, and have enough property to raise a large garden, chickens and maybe some exotic orchids for export.  I have a lifetime of greenhouse experience.  I also want to run a B&B which MUST be right on the beach.  I do not want to live in a populated area so the out islands (Exuma) sounds great to me.  I am having trouble finding the right piece of property.  I need farm area, and beach front.  ALso, will I even have permission to farm in the Bahamas?  I intend on hiring several local people to help with the farm operation.  I will want Bahamian citizenship, but my husband wishes to keep him US citizenship.  Any advise or help would save me alot of time researching.  I look forward to meeting many wonderful new friends in the Bahamas!

Well first yall know bahamas is the best .... During my research on the bahamas island wow this place inspire me alot .. I can tell what I research about.. just type in what the bahamas island about the bahamas island is about beautifu.. love... kind.... And tremendous people I am not thinking of moving to the bahamas ... I AM GANNA MOVE THERE SOME HOW... BAHAMAS ISLAND IS THE BEST I WANT START MY FAMILY AND I KNOW I WILL BE WORKING THERE TOO. LOVE CARE TO EVERYBODY WHO LIVE THERE.... BAHAMAS YOUR LOVE IS ALL THAT I SEE.... HUG

HelloTevon odane anderson  :cheers:

We understand your enthousiams about bahamas, however could you please avoid writing with your caps lock on, as it is considered as shouting on the forum :D

Also this thread is for the presentation of our new members, could you please tell us a bit more about yourself?

Regards
Kenjee

Sorry to burst your bubble Tevon Anderson but researching what you see on the internet, vacationing in the Bahamas and actually living here is  two or should I say three different things. First of all most Bahamians do not like foreigners if they are going to come here and live and take their jobs even if they are not qualify for it they don't like that, and should I mention most are in jobs that they are not qualify for because they are born a Bahamian. The only job a non-Bahamian can guarantee to get is a teaching job in a high school and that's if there is no Bahamians available for it. Since I've being in the Bahamas there is a lot of persons  that I have met from my country who have gone back home. Food, electricity, clothes is just a few things that are extremely expensive and tax will be adding to these soon, did I mention crime is on high especially house robbery, one even have to be careful where they wear their gold jewelry, I personally know someone from my country who get kill for his gold chain, yes it's a beautiful country but I would advice any one who wants to move here permanently to come and spend a long vacation like two months or more not in a hotel and get a feel of the island before making a permanent move and secure a job first if possible.

Really damn that really bad bad :sosad:

hello, i am very happy for helping me introduce the forum. my name is dhesamb, i am an institutor theaching french language in the primary school and i work in educatives collectivities too for children;

I am Bayo Adebola. I am a Tourism Manager, and tourist guide. I'll like to learn more about Bahamas Tourism and how i can learn and participate in the industry. I am interested in organising Tourism from Nigeria to Bahamas.

Hi,

I am a 20 year old student from the Netherlands ! I've been here for a couple of weeks, and would like to explore the nightlife here and do fun things in the weekends. Are there any (international) students or people that would like to socialize?

Introducing myself.....

Good day to you.

I am a Jamaican living in Jamaica but I would love to relocate to the Bahamas, to live and work there. I am not involved in a project, however, I have been an Administrative Assistant for the past 12 years and I also have experience in the Hospitality/Hotel Industry.
I am married, my husband is a Traffic Signal Technician, how can you assist us to relocate there?
I am a Seveth-day-Adventist Christian, I love working with children and young people.
I just celebrated my 44th birthday, I am currently unemployed.

I am introducing my self:  am Bayo Adebola. I am a Tourism Manager, and tourist guide. I'll like to learn more about Bahamas Tourism and how i can learn and participate in the industry. I am interested in organising Tourism from Nigeria to Bahamas

BraggnBoastyHarvey wrote:

Introducing myself.....

Good day to you.

I am a Jamaican living in Jamaica but I would love to relocate to the Bahamas, to live and work there. I am not involved in a project, however, I have been an Administrative Assistant for the past 12 years and I also have experience in the Hospitality/Hotel Industry.
I am married, my husband is a Traffic Signal Technician, how can you assist us to relocate there?
I am a Seventh-day-Adventist Christian, I love working with children and young people.
I just celebrated my 44th birthday, I am currently unemployed.

Hi dhesamb.
  My wife and I have 2 young girls and currently live in Switzerland. We live in the French speaking part and would like our kids when old enough to speak French. Do the kids in Bahamas learn French at all schools? We haven't relocated yet, but I have been offered a position, and so just deciding if we should move over or not..
Thanks.

hi i am Aqib. i am from Pakistan. i am looking for a job of Accountant in Company in Bahamas and i want relocate for job.

(Moderated:  :offtopic: )

Hello folks! My name is Bob and I'm exploring places of interest to retire in warmth.
Whether or not it becomes permanent depends on many things.
Cost of living being the greatest.
Water quality, permanent source of power and internet ranking second.

I do have a favorite area in the running, but I wish to see what the Bahamas has to offer.

Hi everyone I am a professional waterproofer and sealcoat expert. I would like even a short term contract to work and live in the bahamas with my family.  We have a unique product that will bond and waterproof any surface especially rooftops. We have a very informative page on Facebook under Rooftite Waterproofing.  I think this would be a great product for the islands and would love to be the one to introduce it. We specialize in residential, commercial and industrial applications.  We also offer services in industrial non slip flooring.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HI I have been in the Bahamas for 1 year and believe me its not a country for make a life. Its nice Nassau for vacation. But not  for  living. Absolutely not.

Hi Iron, i am thinking of re-located to Bahamas from London. Can you please expand on your reasons for not suggesting it is nice to live as i think it is important that i get as much feedback as possible before i make my move.
Thx  :)

HI How are you?
Well if you want to relocate to the Bahamas ok do it  but my opinion is:
Bahamas is not a country where to live. I have been in the Bahamas many times  and I have been there for 1 year and half.
The health system is low, NOT GOOD and i got a an experience on my shoulders about that.
Justice , i mean the police is straight so not bad.
Life expenditures like bills ( energy, light, water, etc..) gasoline , rents , and food  are so expensive , so expensive that you will get a heart attack when you will see the prices.You will have 1000 times per day that they are frouding you with that kind of prices, Example a small bottle of almond butter in Cost Right  store is $30.00  exactly $ 29.99 . I  took the picture of it i have the proof.
Education: I'm not sure about it. I mean the level of education is not so high or good. For example i went in western union one day and i asked to the casher to convert 200 euro in U.S dollars and guess what, she asked  me what is EURO? No really? I asked her are you joking? She said not. Lots people they don;t know where are certain famous countries, etc...so....I let you figure out.
Nassau its very nice more funny and  but  the most shops close around  6 - 6:30 pm too much early. I see that bahamians from Nassau doesn t tollerates so much bahamians of Grand bahama .I have an idea why but pls dont ask it to me.
People its nice but becarefull lots of them are racist against foreigners and white people. In Particular in the worst island of Bahamas  , GRAND BAHAMA. I think its the most boring and ugly island of all Bahamas. There is nothing over there and immigration in Grand Bahama  are very rude and racist. Obviously i m not generalizing, there are nice people too bUt its so easy, so easy  be harrassed for a racist immigration office over there in Grand Bahama. About other islands of Bahamas i can t talk about coz I have not been in any island. The problem in the Bahamas in particular Grand Bahama is that  if you give one finger to someone they try to take all your arm and show off very easly. I repeat not every bahamian is like that , there are very nice people too. NOt every country is perfect in the world but  i would say the world is huge and in the same time not every country is the same. I would prefert to go in another country with minor problems but not to live in the Bahamas. Bahamas is  nice for a short vacation.
I have plenty bad and good experiences over there.
Will be my pleasure give more informations about that if you need.
By the way in the Bahamas they have bahamina dollar and in the Bahamas the bahamina dollars as the same currency value of US dollar. so 1 bahamian dollar  is 1 US dollar. Becarefull this is only in the Bahamas , coz if you go to USA with a bahamian dollar , USA will not consider it  pair to US dollar but 30 cents less i think and not every bank will change  it for US dollars.
This is my  personal experience guys

HI CHECK this link u will find all the informations i posted about Bahamas.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5217

I am amrit Poudel originally from the country of mt.evetest and the birthplace of Gautam buddha. Every people wants to have better life and future so I want to go Bahamas to have good career and good life

Hi all, My name is Donald Lloyd Oluwole Williams, a Sierra Leonean residing in The Gambia for the 15 yrs, because the civil war there in the 90s. I did electrical installation and am a well trained electrican in domestic, commercial and industrial wiring. Presently am undertaking a biblical course *** I will like to move to Bahamas, for better job opportunity, as things are not favorable for me here.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting external links on the forum

Good Morning sir/ Madam, I am Shane Campbell from Jamaica. I am very hardworking, intelligent,honest, positive , self motivated, educated, determine and independent individual that's believes in " the sweeter the victory , it's the harder the journey will be". Am really considering moving to the Bahamas because of the varieties of work oppertunities and also to explore more in the world of work. It's my intention to make an improve in whatever am doing and wherever am doing it. Thank you.

Dear All... I am Karthik from India working in reputed company as Infrastructure senior analyst, Currently looking for a opening in Bahamas. From the above reviews i can able to understand the cost of living is bit higher. Can some one please suggest about the monthly expense in Bahamas and also average salary to save in Bahamas. It will really be helpful for me to re-locate . Thanks  :)

Hello to everyone and thank you Julien.

My name is Iqbal and I am a Canadian. I live in the Alberta, which is in the Western part of the country. My goal is to live in the Bahamas for a specific period of time and get to know the country and its people.

Kind regards,
Iqbal

Thank you guys for the cool welcome that I have been a corded in this forum.

Hello everyone!! I lm Leo and currently live in NY USA. I am in the data and electronics integration industry, havee been 15 years and before that an electrician for almost 20 years. Looking to move permanently to the Bahamas.

Hi everyone and welcome  :)

@ abrugar787, since this thread is dedicated to the introduction of new members, would you care sharing a few words about yourself and your expatriation project ?

It will be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Bhavna

Hello everyone,

I'm new member and I intend to move soon to Bahamas. I really want to run a business there and I want to know more about the banking system. If that is possible, I need someone in the forum to whom I can talk to. Someone who's already living there and having mastering the bankg system very well. I Will also call the banks to have more informations but It will be helpful to have informations directly from an experienced.

Regards

hi, im a new member here.
planning to work in new providence, can you help me got some ideas
where to look for accomodation ? im a female. sharing is my most preferred
set up. moving soon.
also, buying car new or used which one is best value for a new comer in bahamas? fees to done having new car? diesel expense in a month. working area is in west of New providence as advice to me.

over-all average expense in a month.not too much fond of eating in a restaurant,prefer own cooking.

looking for your ideas and advices.

thank you.

Andre Thomas from Toronto Canada. I am a Plumber Apprentice looking to relocate to Nassau.  I do not have a forma job offer yet but we are in negotiations.  Are there any questions or requests I should present before accepting their job offer?

Hi everyone! I was contacted a few days ago by a former employer offering me a job in Nassau. Since, Ive been browsing the internet for content about the Bahamas, i.e. living conditions, quality of education ( since Ill be moving in with my husband and kids, 15 and 13 yrs of age respectively), but unfortunately they are very limited, mostly tourists' testimonials and the like. Hoping this group can provide more information for me and my family. And if our project pushes thru, id love to meet people from this group in the islands. Have a great day everyone!

Hello, I Live in Florida. My Husband is working in Freeport. We need to find a home ASAP. Found your site and I'm hoping I can get help. We have a dog, so must have pet friendly place. Preferably with fenced yard. Plus room to have guests.

Thank you so much,  and am so happy to be on here .

Need home and any job asap!
I am a German, 45 y, male, single educated man with good manners. Can work in service, sales, marketing, tourism. Experienced as Real Estate Agent /Management/ Development. Marketing, Management and Media experiences.
Languages: English, German, French
MS & Apple

I am looking for a Bahamian citizen interested in starting a retail business in Bahamas.

Email me at ***

Serious enquirees only please.

Carey

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751265

Thanks!

Closed