New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourself here - 1st quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Spain forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Spain if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourself here continues below!

Hello!
I am Elsa, 33 years old, single, Real Estate Broker: Marbella in Spain, and Cartagena, Bogota in Colombia.
I do love to live by the sea, in Marbella, I love the sun, enjoy friends..
Wellcome!
Elsa

[moderated :  :offtopic:  This thread is only for presentation of new members ]

Hi

Just bought an appartment on Condado , want  to move to spain permenatly , have worked in UK for 30 years as an electrician , electrical contacts manager , electrical business owner . Still want to work in electrical industry in Spain

Hi all!
I'm 17 from Australia here on a student exchange until July and want to meet more people here in Madrid and make more friends here
Sport, partying, casual drink, running, shopping or just a coffee I don't mind!

Been here a while.HGV driver ..looking for work now .long distance preferred

Hi all
I'm qadeer from morocco. I'm pakistani national. 26 years old.
want to visit spain.
Anyone wanna visit morocco you are welcome.

Hi,

I'm Harriet, originally from London. I've been living in Barcelona for years now, but I'm new to the expat forum. If anyone needs help or advice about the city, just send me a PM and I'd be more than happy to help.

Hello. My partner and I are currently living near Burgas, Bulgaria where we have been for several years but would now like to move to somewhere warmer (Bulgaria has rather cold winters) and we like the look of the Andalucia region. Initially we are thinking about getting a motor/camper vehicle and having a bit of a look around before deciding on something more permanent. Would love to hear from others with similar interests or experience.

[Moderated : Write in English only please ]

Hi Everyone
My names Danny
I am a single man living in Donegal Ireland i will be moving to tenerife in the near future when my house is sold
I have joined this forum to look at some of the posts to gather info that may make things a little easier..
Cheers

Hello, I am from US-California, my name is Igor. Have some plans to move temporally to Spain, Barcelona. Never lived in Europe and I like to take a chance. Would love to learn a new language a specially Spanish. In states owned few businesses. One was construction mostly specializing in remodeling. Another one was an electrical construction business and now a refrigeration residential/commercial. The main hobby is sailing. Always like to exchange a good info. :top:

I am in Madrid for a 3 month assignment for one of my clients from mid January to mid April.  Normally live in the US in the Atlanta, GA area.

Alone here in Madrid, wife and kids stayed at home in Georgia.

I usually do two of these trips a year.  I should be back mid August of this year.

Hobbies:  Flying (private pilot) but its been a while.

I am a tech guy, my consulting work is primarily engineering consulting in the Television field and Software Development.

Hi, I'm Roz Flans. My husband Steven and I happily retired to Valencia 4 years ago. Traveling has always been our joy, and after a lot of exploring and research, we made the best move of all.
We enjoy Valencia for the people, the climate, culture and the things that make it unique. There's so much to see and do. We can walk almost everywhere and appreciate the excellent transportation system and low cost taxis. It's a good base to travel from and come home to.
We have made many good friends here, and welcome more.

Hello,

I am a Canadian currently living in France and moving to Barcelona in 2016.  There are many months, at least 10, before I move, but I need to get ready because it is stressing me out.  Because of the stress, I am unable to enjoy the thought of living in Spain :-( 

I am looking for someone to talk to, much easier than email, to understand how things work (like medical system), what procedures need to be done and if possible, some help on finding out how to do them.  I'm hoping for hints on identity card, driving license, medical system, dog insurance :-), ...

I need hints to start with, after I can search more myself (the thing is, if I don't know what needs to be done, I can't search for it).

Looking forward to meeting Canadians,
Veronique

PS: I'll be in Barcelona at the end of March, could use that time to meet up.

Hi Mike here new to this site,

I'm looking to move to Gibraltar already living in Spain but want to move to UK in the sun.

Can anyone help with work???

I'm working as a language teacher in a school teaching children aged 3 to 5 mainly working with Jolly Phonics.

Any help would be a welcome.

Many thanks

Mike

Hi, my family and I ( husband, 3 children and a dog ) moved out to La Manga last year.
We are all having a wonderful time. I would love a fitness partner to drive me forward and my Husband a tennis partner as his just started taking lessons and would love to play more regularly to improve. Anyone interest in partnering up would be fantastic.

Linda & Matthew

Hello,

I am in my last year  of studies in Graphic Design looking for an internship abroad in Madrid :)

Hi all, i am Dax.. i come from Kuwait... quiet new to this city (Madrid)... loving it, indulging myself.. could anyone share me the knowledge of what's HOT and what's NOT in madrid...? would love to meet interesting people... love and peace, DAX...

How about shopping..?

Hi guys

I'm new to the Spanish Forum.  I'm living in England but I'm wanting to move to warmer climates at the end of the year.  I won't be looking for work as I've started a business that I can run from anywhere in the world, but I was just wondering how you find living in Spain as an expat.

Many thanks
Lorraine

whatsup everyone garreth here from dublin ireland.im 34 and ready to move to spain...only problem is im gonna be going on my own,if anyone out there wants to go on an adventure get at me,if your in spain already,or not yet decided once again...get at me,im sound!

spain is a good country..if im giving a oppurtunity to work and live there im going to grab that chance for a good..to change my life and to help my family..

Hola!
Hi buddies,

I am a new member of this forum and also new PhD. student here in Barcelona at Autonomous University. My project is to work on optimization and transportation problems, (my major in PhD. is Mathematics). I roughly decided to learn Spanish inside of my main PhD. project. Also Being alone here after passing 1 months without any friend made me to feel so loneliness. I want to meet new people.

Hi Harriet,

I am from India,  will be moving to Zaragoza,  Spain in May or June.   We need some help like restaurants,  cist of living,  rentals, shopping.

Thanks,
Ashwini

Hi everyone! My name is Rachele, I'm a native Italian speaker but consider myself an American   :) I've always attended American schools  because of my dad's job, that's why I feel more American than Italian! I'm working here in Barcelona as an English teacher and would love to meet new people and possibly make new friends!  :up:

welcome to the group, been here a few weeks not much movement on the jobs or new friends field so welcome.

If I can help in any way please ask.

Regards

Mike

Hi,

I'm Stuart, UK ex-pat living in Nerja (Malaga) now and here on and off for 5 years - working from Mijas area - wonderful place and wonderful people so far!

if i want

Hello dahaahmedzein,

Can you please introduce yourself?

Try to be clear when you post on the forum so that members can understand you.

Thank you
Yuveshen

Hi folks.  I'm an American from New York currently living in Italy but moving to Girona in three weeks.  I have a private consultancy with clients abroad and a long career helping new start up businesses raise cash and launch products/services.  I also teach meditation and mindfulness.  Very much looking forward to Spain!  C.

Hello all, my name is Ruud from the Netherlands. I will be moving to Barcelona as of March 1, working in Project management for an Global services provider. I have visited Barcelona a lot of times the past 7 years, but now starting a new life in Barcelona. Looking to meet new people, Spanish or foreign. Hoping to brush up my Spanish or just have a good time. Going out, having drinks/dinner, have a good time!

Ruud

Hey everyone! I have just moved to madrid with my boyfriend. I would love to meet new people while learning Spanish.  Feel free to message me! Erica

Pour le soleil, les Canaries c'est mieux :)

Hi all!! 😊
My name is Nicole and I'm 20. I'm Italian and I'm living near to Barcelona. I'm arrived last Monday and I work like au pair. I'm Finding new friends to improve the languages, I speak: Italian, English, French and a little bit of Spanish... Let me know if you're interested!!

Best regards
Nicole

Hi all!! Im Lola, from Spain. Im currently living in Valencia. I try to go every summer to England to improve my English and see new sites... Now, Im doing an exam of French and I really want to improve my french. I work as a teacher in Primary school, and I love playing the guitar, drawing... If anyone is interested to speak french and to have a friendly comversation dont hesitate to contact me! Thank you everyone!

Bonjour Lola,
Tu m'appends l'espagnol et je t'apprends le français ?

jean françoisrencontre wrote:

Bonjour Lola,
Tu m'appends l'espagnol et je t'apprends le français ?

ENGLISH please as this is an Anglophone forum.
Thank you

Hello All

I have been in Barcelona for almost 1 month....ready to get my social life going.....let's gather a group and hang out...

Hi Guys

Paul & Jules here from Cornwall SW UK.

Looking into buying some land in Cataluna for low impact living

Here for information and friendship

Paul

Closed