Looking for English speaking au pair & school & nice place to live

Hi,

We're Belgians, living in Australia and moving to La Reunion in January.
I'm looking for an English speaking au pair from February on.
I'm also trying to figure out where to live, preferably west of Saint-Denis with easy access to schools and the city. Any tips? Anyone knows of a good school for my 5 yrs old and kindergarten for my 1 yrs old in that area?
Many many thanks in advance for your help!!

Hello Fimmers

I invite you to place an advert in our Au pair job offers in the Reunion Island so as to increase your chances to find an English speaking Au Pair when you arrive.

Hope that soon enough other members will be able to help you out on your other queries.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Thanks Kenjee!

hi fimmers

welcome to this forum!!!
is there any reason why you should move in january,?
though we are next to south africa we don't start school like they do!
in each town you have very good, good or quite good school. and it depends where you live.

christ

I moved to Reunion island a little more than a year ago and feel I have to react on your post. Réunion is a "Departement Outre Mer" of France and there are no English nor international schools on the island. Even finding an English speaking nanny could be a difficult endeavor.
I live on La Montagne, a popular place near St Denis.
Please feel free to contact me, it will be my pleasure to welcome a fellow country (wo)man.

Hello!
I am from England and have just arrived in Reunion, I will be staying in St Denis from this weekend, I don't know exactly my plans yet as it depends on finding a job etc but we should definitely keep in touch as I may be interested in au pairing! You're welcome to send me a private message if you want to arrange a skype call or something :)
All the best,
Jasmine

Hello Fimmers  and everybody else : )
My name is Isabella. I am new to the forum. I was going to start a new thread but yours is completely relevant!
I am coming to La Reunion in January 2016 for at least a year with husband and 3 boys (10, 6 and 4) and we are looking for a nice place to live in St Denis and a school.
How did you get on? Have you settled on the Island? I am thinking of La Montagne. I have heard it is nice. I imagine it is a bit greener than the centre and less congested. Am I right? What about schools?
My only concern about La Montagne is whether it is just a residential area and you have to drive even to get a baguette, but I hope I am completely wrong.
I speak French and my husband is doing a super intensive catching up course. The boys speak Italian and I just trust they they will pick up French without too much trouble ...
I hope you are having a good time and I look forward to any advice.
Merci

IsaEd wrote:

Hello Fimmers  and everybody else : )
My name is Isabella. I am new to the forum. I was going to start a new thread but yours is completely relevant!
I am coming to La Reunion in January 2016 for at least a year with husband and 3 boys (10, 6 and 4) and we are looking for a nice place to live in St Denis and a school.
How did you get on? Have you settled on the Island? I am thinking of La Montagne. I have heard it is nice. I imagine it is a bit greener than the centre and less congested. Am I right? What about schools?
My only concern about La Montagne is whether it is just a residential area and you have to drive even to get a baguette, but I hope I am completely wrong.
I speak French and my husband is doing a super intensive catching up course. The boys speak Italian and I just trust they they will pick up French without too much trouble ...
I hope you are having a good time and I look forward to any advice.
Merci

Good afternoon

you're right! the locality of la montagne is a bit greener!! 5 areas make up la montagne. here is a link :

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Montagn … A9union%29

3 out of 5 areas have schools and small traders... "le 8e km is the nearest to st denis and les affouches is the farthest!!

hope it helped,
christ

My dear, what so ever you do, choose some place in the hills where it is cool. Do not live on the litoral. It is too hot!

Hello, my name is Renee I lived at "La Plaine des Cafres" Beautiful sky at night, great view on the Montaigne and lots of hiking place, I go to Grand-Bassin twice a weeek. I am from US. I am at the US right now but will be back on the 17th of April.
I know someone who is saling his beautiful house. Give him a call if you want more info 0692 591911, ask for Joel

Hi am interested in the job if it is still available

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : off topic + please post in the jobs section