Singaporean living in Taiwan

Hi,

I'm a Singaporean living in Taiwan currently. My family relocated there last December but we'll return to Singapore next year.

My husband works in Taiwan while I'm a stay-at-home mum to my two young children. I realise how boring it can be, alone and friendless in a foreign land. Though I'm thankful for the opportunity to spend lots of time with my kiddoes while they are still young, I do wish I have a female friend I can hang out with during weekdays to have tea or chit chat.

I'm keen to make friends with expat mummies so that when I return to Singapore, our kids can hang out and have play dates? (maybe together with my mummy frds in sg too)

You can add me as a contact on Expat.com if you wish. Thk you!

Beldry: Among the members of this forum, there are 142 Singaporeans living in Taiwan. You can find them here:
https://www.expat.com/en/network/asia/taiwan/
But apart from that, there are also nice and friendly Taiwanese (as I know from own experience of living in Hsinchu and Taoyuan for 18 months). Give them a chance, too!
(I've also lived in Singapore for 12 years, so I know what you're missing.)

P.S.: I will ask the moderators to move your post and my reply to the Taiwan forum, since you're more likely to get replies there,

Hi Beppi,

Thanks for the reply. I did post on the Taiwan forum looking for mummy frds a couple weeks ago and again today but no luck.

I realise how expat mummies must have felt in a foreign land, away from home with little to no support, so I thought maybe I'll post something in the sg forum too.

Hopefully I'll make some frds here in Taiwan and bring home some lovely friendships too.

Thks again!

Thread moved to the Taiwan forum ;)

Hi! I'm a fellow singaporean, SAHM with 2 kids, jus moved to Hsinchu last week!