Info On Quality Group , Dar es Salam

Hi

My name is Sam . Currently i work in Oman. I am in discussion with Quality group for the post of Marketing Manager for their automobile division. I have tried to get more info on the company ( its turnover, Operations,network) by searching the net but am unable to find any worthwhile info.

Could anyone give me some useful info on the company like whether it's a good company in terms of market leadership , employee welfare and standing in the society.

Thanks & Regards
Sam Sebastian

even i m looking for info on quality group for different position and i m not sure about the place that how much salary will be sufficient for my family.

Good Day Guys,

Quality Groups is one of the reputed groups in Tanzania, Dar Es Salaam you can see about them in their website qualityg.com.

Every company in the world has its good and bad. so whether to join the company or not is your choice.

Kindly don't ever make some one influence you on taking decision on your career as its your life and you career you are the best judge.

Dear all/expattanzania
We are here to share our experience and suggestions, ultimetaly one has to take the decesion on his/her own but good is always seen in respect of good and bad vice versa.
Dear expattanzania i see you are very close to Quality Group Ltd. So you feel bad writing for them,we are here to help people out not to put then in hell ,more about handing over of passport to companies in middle east is totally different ,their are very strict rules for both employer as well as employees and action is taken when any one of them do something wrong, and it is a Govt Law there to hold passport.
But in Tanzania it is not so you make yourself well aware about the rules in Tanzania then start giving Suggestions.

Good Luck

QUALITY GR is looking for mall manager.Can someone tell which mall do they own in Tanzania or provide services to?
With 6 years of exp. how good is below stated offer :

ME,WIFE,8 MONTH OLD KID

BASE SAL IN LOCAL CURR- USD 1000
SAVINGS DEPOSIT- USD 1500
FULLY FURNSHD RESIDENCE - PLZ SUGGEST GOOD AREAS ??
HOME UTILITIES PAID ( WATER + ELECTRICITY +BACKUP GENSET WITH FUEL )
CAR+DRIVER+FUEL -WHICH CAR TO EXPECT ??
COMPANY PAID - MOBILE HANDSET + RENTALS
MEDICAL COVER FOR FAMILY- PLZ NAME SOME??
EMERGENCY  EVACUATION COVER FOR FAMILY
CHILD EDUCATION AFTER 1.5 YERS FOR INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
( ME,WIFE,KID ) - 2 TRIPS / YEAR TO HOME PAID FULLY
END OF YEAR PAID LEAVE- 30 DAYS
ALL TAXES PAID BY COMPANY
------------------------
What is the safeguard to ensure monthly timely salary payment/ Can I get something written on contract wrt this.??

Welcome to Expat-blog, Versace! :)

Could you please avoid using Caps lock?

Thanks

Sorry Creve,will bear in mind next time.

samsebas wrote:

Hi

My name is Sam . Currently i work in Oman. I am in discussion with Quality group for the post of Marketing Manager for their automobile division. I have tried to get more info on the company ( its turnover, Operations,network) by searching the net but am unable to find any worthwhile info.

Could anyone give me some useful info on the company like whether it's a good company in terms of market leadership , employee welfare and standing in the society.

Thanks & Regards
Sam Sebastian

AVOID!!!!

Harpreet,

You have written "avoid". Tell us the reasons as to why. But no Bollywood stories please.(I read your "screenplays" in the other thread!!!!)

Give us specific reasons.

Are they not giving the salary in time ?

Kindly let us know whether you are an ex-employee of this group and have direct experience about the bad things mentioned. or, whether you are just quoting some unknown and unnamed people who alleges to have suffered while working there.

Hello all,
The discussion on the quality group has taken a serious turn, one has to be aggressive to work in Quality Group Ha Ha ha.

This company prefers those employees who work only work and stay mum, if you talk they show you door.
Whatever is written on the contract they never stick to that and already they keep your passport so what can you do.

People are working in this group since last 10 years.
Dear you know in bad companies also people work but we call them bad people because they never fill their promises.
Same is the case with Quality Group, they write in contract to work for 42 hours in a week then you get only 42 hrs in a week for rest.

We are not hear to see James Bond and  Gaber Singh we help people here  and if this company will not hold your passport then one should join ,tell them if I leave in-between I will pay money, see if they agree.

Of Course think and check before you go in Quality Group.

Some one or two people can write good  may be they belong to same company.

Regards and love

Dear Subash,

Kindly don't cut and paste the same comment and post in both the forums. Didn't the Moderators already warn you of the same?

Some one or two people can write good  may be they belong to same company.
I am very happy that you have raised this point. So it means those people who work in the company write good things about the company as they are happy with the working conditions and they know what they are talking about. Those who are not working with this company, only hear rumours, assume things and then, write stories.

So once again, Please…No more stories. Do you think Quality Groups is not getting any candidates because of what you write in this forum? Or do you think Quality Group is not flourishing all due to your helpful tips?

Expattanzania

I am not writing stories about anything but i want to help my people out there, may be i am working there but can not loose my job for the sake of helping others.

So i always write in my quote FOR PEOPLE  to check before you go in quality group.

[large]“The dog barks, but the caravan moves on?”[/large]
This is applicable to all who write here i mean to you also, only difference is you can blacklist me and delete my account from Expat.com for writing truth.

Go back and see i have provided solid proof about quality group, definietly i will support my proof and keep on updating people who intends to join Quality Group.

Thanks
Hope you will not delete me.

Regards

Well this discussion is taking a serious "wrong-turn". I will suggest you both to calm down and do not use terms that will provoke each other. Else, we will moderate your posts.

Thanks you for your kind comprehension.

Wish you all a nice day ahead.

Wow
COOL GUYS THIS COMPANY IS HOT AND FOR TANZANIANS ONLY OTHERS HAVE TO SUFFER HERE.

INDIANS TRUELY SUFFER IN THIS COMPANY.
FORR

I am failing to understand why some people loath Quality Group, YM, Rajiv etc. I worked with this company for nearly 2 years. Though, my exit was very painful, I have reason to adore this company.
Quality has great SOP in place and when a new expat joins everything comes to you. Housing,Car and all that is required is given to you immediately. If you are appointed as GM then advance given to you towards rent and car can be $14000-15000.
Working environment is good and policy does not allow interfering with other departments. One needs to take onus of his/her responsibilities – do your best- go home.......You have full freedom and no one will dare to pull you down- its in the policy and mostly everyone followes..even fellow like Omar- don't know if he still there.
In fact there hardly any company on this face of earth which has best hr policies in place. Note that in spite of my painful departure I still value quality group in highest regards.
See, the problem with Quality Group is with some hiring decisions they took in the past – Rajiv &/or rakesh are simply doing their job and let me assure you they will never cross a line. Its people like Daluka or Chako & co and others  are spoiling the whole thing.
Hence, never have a second thought in joining this group and don't take your decision based on some half baked information.

THEY HAVE NOT PAID OFFICE RENT ! HOW WILL THEY PAY YR SALARY ???

Wanna go to hell............this is yr choice....

Pls think again and again to join this company.....after joining u will feel that u had made big mistake of your career.....think again

venkatash wrote:

Wow
COOL GUYS THIS COMPANY IS HOT AND FOR TANZANIANS ONLY OTHERS HAVE TO SUFFER HERE.

INDIANS TRUELY SUFFER IN THIS COMPANY.
FORR

U R RIGHT DEAR..............

paridhi wrote:

even i m looking for info on quality group for different position and i m not sure about the place that how much salary will be sufficient for my family.

Dear u will find a different and sick environment in this company.....work does not value for the management...some people are sitting like idol and eating very high salaries and who are working hard are not getting any reward except going back to home....i worked for 2 years in this company......didn/t u/stand the motto and projection of the company......

they are selling anything even though they don't know what will they sell in next day.........no projection.....few peoples sits in their big glass chambers for nothing , smoke like nothing and spoiling the career of peoples to get them in job in this company........  So be careful before join this company......

never have a second thought in joining this group and don't take your decision based on some half baked information.
Quality Group rocks!!! Rajiv is one great fellow and Rakesh too. YM gives you free hand.
It was just my bad luck that I had to face Daluka. But that happens to someone "once in a million" which does not mean Quality is bad employer. In fact what YM has envisaged and the way he has establish the polices are simply great... there is hardly any other company that can match qg's structure and policies.
In fact my exit was painful but inspite of that i suggest QG is good company and barring few incidence there is nothing wrong and some are simply making accusations purely based on some false perceptions.
I was GM with group heading that unit for over one and half year.

DFS1 wrote:

never have a second thought in joining this group and don't take your decision based on some half baked information.
Quality Group rocks!!! Rajiv is one great fellow and Rakesh too. YM gives you free hand.
It was just my bad luck that I had to face Daluka. But that happens to someone "once in a million" which does not mean Quality is bad employer. In fact what YM has envisaged and the way he has establish the polices are simply great... there is hardly any other company that can match qg's structure and policies.
In fact my exit was painful but inspite of that i suggest QG is good company and barring few incidence there is nothing wrong and some are simply making accusations purely based on some false perceptions.
I was GM with group heading that unit for over one and half year.

Dear DFS1...

Why didn/t complete your contract and breezed it in only one and half years...i guess for GM contrat is for 2 year...am i right..don't advice anybody to spoil the life..dont u think it' was a break in anybody's career if join this group

Dear Shyam,
I have mentioned in my post that my exit was painful.. hope that sums up all. Further mention is made on the point that I still adore this group. do you understand now?
I worked only for one and half years because I left before completing contract period due to various reasons and mainly due to my own problems.
Once Rakesh gave me $1500 as an advance from his own pocket and I strongly believe that he did so out of love for QG. Rajiv gave me tremendous support.
You worked there for two years  and hope you wouldn't disagree that each executive officer has autonomous powers to take decisions and free hand to implement. 
Now do you still think its QG who is responsible for my early exit? In all honesty ..no.You cant isolate one incidence and make general impression and then go on delivering judgment. I am working in East Africa for last 12 years and if I look back at my tenure in QG then I would say I was sole responsible for my exit - in spite of QG's best efforts to prevent the same.
Hence, QG rocks, YM rocks and so Rakesh & Rajiv and I wish them best – earnestly.