Employment Visa in Oman

Hello all,
I am mechanical engineer being transferred within same company from UAE to Oman. Our HR asked for original degree and they received on 27-01-2015. then they said it will take around 4 weeks for clearance before they can apply for the visa. Is this true? Is it such a lengthy process?

Yes, what you have heard is true and yes, getting labour clearance is indeed a lengthy process. If the company has met all the required criteria then getting the labour clearance would be a relatively simple exercise. But if the company is falling short somewhere, then it could take forever. Read the other posts in the forum for further details.

Giving your original education certificates is not a good idea. Hope you get it back safe and soon.

Good luck.

Hello Everybody,

I am getting residence visa, Can I search job on residence visa. It is legal or illegal to search job on residence visa in Oman. And If I get the job would it be possible to convert residence visa to work visa.

Please reply me it is very urgent.

Sohel78 wrote:

Hello Everybody,

I am getting residence visa, Can I search job on residence visa. It is legal or illegal to search job on residence visa in Oman. And If I get the job would it be possible to convert residence visa to work visa.

Hi Sohel78,

How are you getting a family visa in Oman without holding a valid employment visa ?!? Only men are granted the privilege of sponsoring their families and women are exempt from this privilege as stated.

Well, even if you do manage to get some sort of a visa, you cannot work on that visa. You must be on your own employment visa and working only for the person who has sponsored you.

You may search for a job. But would have to reenter the Sultanate on the employment visa issued in your name.

My comments in RED against your post.

Sohel78 wrote:

Hello Everybody,

I am getting residence visa (On what ground are you getting a resident visa ??? Please elaborate),

Can I search job on residence visa ( Yes, You can only search a job). It is legal or illegal to search job on residence visa in Oman (It is not illegal, but working on a family joining visa is purely illegal). And If I get the job would it be possible to convert residence visa to work visa (Yes it is possible. All you need is to exit the country and obtain the work visa).

Hello everyone,

I want ur guidance regarding a query on Oman work permit.

Plz help

I have been interviewed in December 2014, for the post of accounts executive in a company named Metro establishment llc in al wadi al kabir area.

My medical is of 3rd Jan 2015

They told me that their p.r.officer has made a mistake while submitting application for my visa, and had attached expired quota that is company's visa quota given by Oman government.. Instead of the valid one..

And now the p.r.o. as he is a local resident trying to make some adjustments through his contacts in visa department to replace the expired quota wid the valid one..

And it will take time, how much they don't know.. This looks suspicious to me.. Is it possible?? What should I do now to handle this situation.. I have been placed through consultancy in Ahmadabad.. Its a very old placement firm and government registered licences placement firm.

hello sir please tell me one thing...
i'm working in oman since 23 months i have only 1 month to finish contract
and i want to move another company all so my present company they agree to give noc
so can i join without exiting oman it's possible??

Sneh Brahmbhatt wrote:

Hello everyone,

I want ur guidance regarding a query on Oman work permit.

Plz help

I have been interviewed in December 2014, for the post of accounts executive in a company named Metro establishment llc in al wadi al kabir area.

My medical is of 3rd Jan 2015

They told me that their p.r.officer has made a mistake while submitting application for my visa, and had attached expired quota that is company's visa quota given by Oman government.. Instead of the valid one..

And now the p.r.o. as he is a local resident trying to make some adjustments through his contacts in visa department to replace the expired quota wid the valid one..

And it will take time, how much they don't know.. This looks suspicious to me.. Is it possible?? What should I do now to handle this situation.. I have been placed through consultancy in Ahmadabad.. Its a very old placement firm and government registered licences placement firm.

Hi Sneh Brahmbhatt,

In Oman, anything is possible with the government authorities, if you have enough 'wasta' (clout). So whatever you may have heard can very well be true.

You should be more worried about the Indian middlemen, however old, registered and whatever ! More often than not, we only hear of complaints (and not compliments) of how they fleeced and cheated the many who were dreaming of going abroad.

Better to be safe than sorry. Play safe.

Good luck.

mohammed ameer wrote:

hello sir please tell me one thing...
i'm working in oman since 23 months i have only 1 month to finish contract
and i want to move another company all so my present company they agree to give noc
so can i join without exiting oman it's possible??

Hi mohammed ameer,

If your current employer is willing and ready to give you an NOC, then yes, you can just transfer your visa from one sponsor to the next, and you do not have to exit the country.