Cost of living in Bosnia Herzegovine – 2015

Hi all,

We invite you to talk about the cost of living in Bosnia Herzegovine in 2015, with an updated price listing.

Don't forget to mention in which city of Bosnia Herzegovine you are living in.

How much does it cost to live in Bosnia Herzegovine?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc.)

> food prices (your monthly budget)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> education prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> price for a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> price for a coffee or a drink

> price for cinema tickets

Do not hesitate to add items to this list! ;)

Thank you in advance for your participation.

> accommodation prices - 40 euros per day at Apartment Centar in Sarajevo

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc.) - we never used it while we were there but I was told the tram worth around 1.50km

> food prices (your monthly budget) - VERY affordable. And fresh too!

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance) - never had insurance not even got sick while my family was there...

> education prices (if you need to pay) - not applicable

> energy prices (oil, electricity) - fuel is around 1.90km

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone) - all inclusive in the apartment rent ;)

> price for a good menu in a traditional restaurant - A HUGE plate of Cevapi in Zejlo is 11.00km

> price for a coffee or a drink - in BBI coffee shop prices coffee is 1.50km

> price for cinema tickets - that is the only thing I did not get the chance to do in Sarajevo. I will when I return.

I hope these info helps.

What is 'km'? e.g. "in BBI coffee shop prices coffee is 1.50km"

Isn't the currency called BAM?

Thanks for your information

Internationally its "BAM" specially when you look it up Online. But in the city (for example in Tuzla & Sarajevo where I've been) most of the TAG PRICE has it mentioned as "KM" which translates to "Konvertible Mark". In addition; ALL prices in Bosnia is mentioned in "KM" not "BAM".

Clear, thanks.

and 1km ~ 1/2 €, right?

To me km stands for kilometers! :)

No. It's 0.51 Euro  :D

As per today's exchange rate, hahaha!

Is it really that volatile?

Also for all Bosnians but they still put KM.

PS: I am a Filipina married to a Bosnian so I feel and know the confusion you have right now. Lol!

Was just kidding man. Its half euro ;)

Do you live in Bosnia now?

We just left. I wish I could stay. In UAE now with Family. Will be visiting Bosnia next Summer. Are you in Bosnia or still in Malta?

I live in Malta but am interested in finding solid accurate info about Bosia

Why is it BIH and not BH?

I see.

Bosnia is a GORGEOUS country.

BiH is for Bosna i Hercegovina (original form in Bosnian Language)

Meanwhile you can use BH but I advise you use the terms BiH as it is more recognized or just Bosnia for simpler form.

Thanks for the information.

I am Russell by the way. Can I add you as a contact and contact you from time to time via PM?

Yes sure. Maryam here with you with my Bosnian husband on the right side of the coffee table :)

Anything about Bosnia or UAE we could discuss ;)

All he best on finding a Home. I found mine in Bosnia but have to work and save up. Hope we see you there next summer.

... and I can see your bambini :)

Somehow I in my mind you're the husband!

Thanks and speak soon

Nah! He won't disguise himself as me. I created this profile before going to Bosnia last year as I was trying to find Filipina in that part of the world, for me it was new and not sure if there is. But there is couple of them. And we made good friends too. I thought of keeping this profile as a way of communicating and giving some tip to people who might need it. Once in a while I have to ask hubby what is this and that; like the clarification of the KM as it confuses me too.

He's a very nice typical Bosnian guy. Loves meat and has Balkan sense of humor.

Sorry Maryam, maybe I didn't phrase it well.

I gathered about your marriage and nationalities. It's not however clear from your name or avatar if I've been discussing with man of the family or the woman. I didn't even get if the man is from BiH or the woman. Your posts are gender inspecific! :)

I however decided (assumed) I was talking with the man of the family and the woman is probably doing the translation etc. This is the background to asking to be contact with you.
I didn't and don't have in my mind to correspnd with you about other subjects. I am just clarifying myself and hopefully avoiding any misinterpretations/misunderstanding.

In the mean time if you would like to know something about Malta or the UK, I may be able to help.

Best wishes,
Russell

Aww! No Problem. I am the writer and somehow if I am writing to a man I tend to speak manly  :D  and vice versa. Which sends out a bit of a confusion that you had right now. We are cool. We are here to help.

Speak soon :)