Best weather app for the Ecuador Coast

I wanted to know what's the best smartphone app (iPhone in my case) you would recommend to get accurate and reliable weather forecast for the Ecuadorian coastal regions.  Rainfall would be the most important aspect, but if tides/waves/wind could be included, would be even better.

The major weather apps usually work well in big cities, so I wanted to know if one is better than the others in Ecuador.

I'm sure some techno person will come along with a proper answer but in the meantime.....

It rains on the coast? I saw no evidence of that.

App? Ecuador is a fairly low tech country. I don't remember seeing many [any] smartphones carried around by people (doesn't mean they weren't there). But I did see a lot of plywood internet cafes with creaking computers and phone booths, cabinas, for the many people who did not have a phone of any kind at all.

Lot of their houses didn't have running water either. Or much in the way of electricity. Or utilities of any kind.

You may be over-teching for coastal Ecuador.

Well, I'm not onsite at the moment (planning house construction) and I'm hearing contradictions about the "rain season", so that's why I'm looking at the most reliable app to track it.

Don't worry, since I left Canada I no longer look at weather forecast!

gardener1 wrote:

You may be over-teching for coastal Ecuador.

"Men plan.  God laughs."

-- Old Yiddish saying

Just typed Bahia de Caraquez on my weatherchannel phone app, and it gives the current conditions, and the 10 day forecast as well. No idea if it's the best app, but guess it would for the most part have what you need.

It rained the last couple days in Canoa.

Ecuador is the land of micro climates. The rainy season can be significantly different in places only 20 km apart. You are not likely to find an app that is consistently accurate enough for your desired location to be in any way useful.

jessekimmerling wrote:

It rained the last couple days in Canoa.

Ecuador is the land of micro climates. The rainy season can be significantly different in places only 20 km apart. You are not likely to find an app that is consistently accurate enough for your desired location to be in any way useful.

Noted Jesse, many thanks.  I'll stick to wunderground then.  I might setup a weather station once settled in Ecuador.