Teaching English in Thailand

Hello,
I would like information from expats teaching English in Thailand.
I am considering taking the CELTA course in order to teach English in Bangkok, my native language and education is English (UK), but I do not have university degree. I have seen on Ajarn job announcements they mostly require bachelor degree. So would this be a handicap even if I acquire the CELTA diploma?
And would I be able to get work visa if I obtain employment?
Thanks in advance for any information.
Tony

Well, no, I think you have to have the bachelor's and the TEFL. Some do manage without the TEFL, and I've heard that some are able to get a spot w/o the bachelor's, but not likely. You'd have to do some looking, probably have some connections. They told me when I first came that I could get a teaching job easily, but it soon became obvious that wasn't the case, even with a grad degree.

Many thanks for your reply.
I do know some people teaching English in Thailand without the qualifications and some not even their native language. However, they live with the tourist visa and have to go out the country every 3 months to renew it.
I thought this not a good solution, better with a work permit, especially as I have heard that the new regime is tightening up on regulations!