Organize an Expat blog meet-up!

mr.cit wrote:

Any meet up during this TET holiday ? I am going to stay in Saigon during this holiday. So anyone wants to meet up / drink / music ? Let me know. It will be my pleasure to have you as my new friend.

Cheers !

+1 for Tet. Can book the table in Hops/Acoustic/whatever. Sign here, if we are have 6+ persons - i've organize this.

Hi we are down the road 100K from HCM on the beach in Vung Tau..Mike

Hi,

As I just arrived last week, I'm up for that sort of event.

Thanks.

I just moved to Saigon 3 months ago.  Now working in Binh Tan.
I would love to meet new friends here.

Ok, the only problem most of the places will be closed for Tet, but i'll check.

Mike and Van wrote:

Hi we are down the road 100K from HCM on the beach in Vung Tau..Mike

Hydrofoil run again now, so 1,5 hour to Q1 only. Or 2 hours by bike or bus. %-)

Vung Tau will be packed with loads of people I think. Going to well-known tourist spots on holidays is not really a good idea  :P

Lots of places in Saigon will still open during Tet, and there is fewer people in Saigon than anywhere else!

R u still in Saigon Mr. cit? We can meet up for a drink if u want. Text me on 0983801173 viber or ưhatsapp pls. Bell.

Are you all still planning on the meet-up?
I would like to participate in. Pls message me if there is any appointment :-)

Hi there
I would like to enjoy that
Text me if u still keep planning on the meet up.
Cheers!!!!

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum

Hi,

I would like to join, too. Please count me in.

Hey guys,

I'm a new member in Expat forum. I really want to join this meet-up. Can anybody repeat the time and place for me to join?

That's sound good...
I'm a new member of Expat.com...I really would love to join this meeting... :)

Hi

I'm heading to Hoi an in April for a 'long stay' so naturally would like to make contact with other expats

If that is possible than that would be great

cheers gary

Hi,
My name is HuongJenny.I'm living and working as an English teacher in Bien Hoa city.I tried to organize  an Expat.com meet- up in Bien Hoa city 2 days ago.However there was only one person responding to my topic.Have you got any ideas to organize an Expat.com meet-up in Bien Hoa or Vung Tau city ,..? Ho Chi Minh and Ha noi are two big cities.It's easier to organize an Expat.com meet-up in those big cities.There are not many expats living in small city and they seldom responding to these events.
Best regards,
Jenny

Yes, when for a new expat meeting??

Yes, meeting in Saigon? )

I'd love to meet up with some expats. If this is still happening I'd love to meet somewhere in HCMC. Just give me a heads up :top:

I'm in. But I'm living in Hanoi. Maybe we have to separate into 2 team, Hanoi team and Ho Chi Minh team, to meet up. Haha

There are meetup groups of different interests on meetup.com. What you have to do is to sign up to be a member and you will receive an invitation whenever an event is scheduled. Then you can RSVP and the organizer can book the venue; it's simple, easy and effective.
There are plenty of other meetups to choose from. They help to unite people under the same cause or passion. If you guys are interested in English as much as I do, you're welcome to join the above group. We always meet up with a content and with a bigger purpose, i.e., to have fun.

moderated by Christine
reason: promoting external group not allowed

Hi all,
I am planning to organize a group meeting in HCM,D3 this April since there is no answer for another meeting on this topic so far. So if anybody want to join this meeting, message me, I will check everyday and make a list of members until we have at least 10, we will discuss about the best place for everyone to gather.
Hope to see you soon  :)

Hello Anna,

I will like to join for the meeting in HCMC on April. Please let me know the time and place. My skype "thanhlan127". Thanks!

Am ok for a meeting please anna contact me when you have the date. Thks

Hi Anna

I am there on the 18th and 19th weekend so if it's then I will be there

Hi Guys and Gals

I am responding to this blog which appeared as a HUE event.  This is for HUE ExPats.
As the initial blog appeared in Hue Expats it will be read by other Hue Expatters - hence my reply here and on Hue Forum.
Some of us will be at Le Domaine de Cocodo this Saturday for their Pizza Oven christening.
Cost price deal (69k vnd)  Come prepared to use the outdoor Swimming Pool (optional!).
Apologies that I had been calling this La Maison de Coco.
It's near the cathedral but difficult to find as it is down a kiet/lane which is enough to make you abandon the search.
From town cross the river, cross the railway and turn right in about 100m down kiet towards the cathedral..

This is a weekly event (except for the Pizza) - the event itself is FREE and there is  always good food to purchase)
I do not work for them and the event is FREE - I love going there and want to encourage others to do so.
PM me if you need any further info (I will only reply if you tell me that you live in Hue!)

Please give me a text if a meeting takes place. My mobile: [moderated: pls avoid posting phone number]
Thanks!

:):)... sorry because of my mistake :).....nice to know all of you :D

Hi all, i really want join forum and enjoy a meet-up Expat.com in Hanoi, plz tell me when n where the meet-up is organized through message in FB: Huyền Pi Angel, facebook.com/huyenpi.Angel . Nice to meet all expats  :D

Richard Also make a rendez-vous for expat already Julian ..

Hi Julien!
Im vietnamese and new member of EXPAT , to organize new members is not easy work. Can you help in it , because you have experience about it. i speak english (not perfect, but can understand much) , perfect in hungarian and litle in castellano
Best regards!

Hello tran peter,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

There are quite regular meet ups organised for our new members.
Look out for postings in regard to this on the Vietnam forum ;)

Cheers

Mishna

dndiemmy wrote:

Hi, Xuanhoa
i got your phone number, should we meet-up the others in Hue?
hey, everyone is living in Hue, if you are interested in meeting new friends,
please join with us, le's give time and place you can go,
we can arrange a meeting :par:

Hello friends living in Hue - I too live there but finding ExPats to meet up is very difficult.  I attend on Saturdays at Le Domains de Cococo from 7-10pm.  I would be very interested to help  you meet with us there or else to join any meeting you may have arranged.  I find this blog a horrible mess of irrelevant messages so I would prefer a Private Message if possible.
So maybe see you on Saturday!

I would like to join it...

Hello
Will you be organising a meet-up in May?
I am just moving to HCM first week in May.
Kind regards
John

WOW this is a great idea, i am Thuy, a Vietnamese, but i am so interested to join and give a hand if you need, i hope in a next meeting up, i can join with you. :D

Hello Thuy,
Morning from sunny Scotland that's sounds great let me know the dates of next meting in HCM
Kind regards john

Hello Hawk,
i dont know will the organizer hold a next meeting ? and when? let me find and ask her or him about that, if noone holds it, should we set up one in this blog and invite Expat member join? i hope it is possible :D

I would like to join :D

Hello Thuy
That's sounds a good idea only dates I cannot make are 18/1920/21/ of May going to Phu Quoc islands for few days
Regards john

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Message removed : asked to be deleted by author

It's great. I wanna come.