Schools in gib

Hi Were are moving to Gibraltar on the summer to live and we don t know how to enrol my little girl  10 years and son 7 years do we have to get direct  to schools or is there à body in charge of all schooling systeme please Any advise Will be great help.

https://www.gibraltar.gov.gi/education-a-training

Hi, you will need to go to the Dept of Education on Queensway to register your children in school. You will need to take their full birth certificates, Id cards ( or evidence that you have applied for them ) and then you complete a form. The dept then allocate schools. Be aware that due to the ages of your children you will be allocated a first school for your 7 yr old and a middle school for your 10 yr old. These may not be close to each other as happened to me. Good luck :-)

Think you very much , can i do that before the summer holiday or in septembre and is there à special school because my kids don t speak good English , because they have been in french school since we  ve left Uk  Any help will be geat thanks again.

Hi, the Dept is open all year I believe, although the opening hours are different in summer. There are special schools for children who have conditions like autism who are not suitable for mainstream schools. Your children will pick up English as the lessons are taught in English.  I used to work with children whose first language wasnt English and they are fast learners usually! There are language schools available where they can get extra tuition if needed. These would be outside of school and you will need to pay for them. Hope this helps :-)

Hi, thanks very much you ve been very helpfull and reassuring I can t wait to get there I miss very much the brish way of life and sharing it with m'y kids we left uk a while now (britain in the sun) thank you again.

Hi can anyone tell me how to get the 3 years résidence  because its requirement for most flats for sale many thanks

Sobhi1 wrote:

Hi can anyone tell me how to get the 3 years résidence  because its requirement for most flats for sale many thanks

By living here for 3 years

3 years residency is just that.......you have to have lived in Gibraltar for 3 years. Apartments for sale needing 3 years residency have that restriction because they are cheaper than other apartments.

They are not cheaper but were originally sold cheaper along the lines of social housing with limitations on renting and forward sales

Thanks i knew there is a catch but still there s choice and better quality/ price thanks again