Expat blog 10th birthday

Hi everyone,

we're organizing an Expat.com meet up on March Saturday 7th, on Wolmar public beach (very close to Flic en Flac). We would be very happy to celebrate Expat.com's 10th birthday with you !

The meet up starts at 15h, and finishes ... when everyone has gone ;)

Bring and share, as usual (bring what you want to eat, drink and share with others). Please don't forget to bring plastic bags as the beach must be clean when we'll leave.

Please do not hesitate to invite your friends, they are very welcome to participate !

I'll bring the green Expat.com flag, and shouldn't be very complicated to identify us. I'll also bring a small generator so that we'll be able to stay a bit during the night

If someone could bring a bbq, that would be really nice !

Cheers,

Julien

Thumbs up to Mr Julien and the entire Expat.com team. Keep the fire burning!! :top:

Mr Julien, I want to use this medium to request you to try holding a meet up for us somewhere in the north (Grand Baie).
We looking forward to that.

Cheers,

Clintonjay

I will be there
Cheers
Terence

Hi Julien.... 10th Birthday? Will def come to Flic/Wolmar.. Lets hope the word gets round and we get a really
good group...
Cheers

Julien,
Sounds great! Let us know the details.
March isn't the greatest time (April would be better) but we'll try to come around!
Amities,
Emmanuel

April would have been better for me too as still in UK until then :(
Wow, 10 years old already!
Congratulations Julian for starting the Expat.com!  :)

Hi Julian,

Sounds good!

we will come for sure.

cheers

Yes, will be there to celebrate happy 10th b'day.

cya bro
Sumeet

Nice :) .

Hi everyone,

hope you are well. Would you prefer starting the meet up at 2 or 4pm ?

All the best,

Julien

Hello,

To find the wolmar beach.

Go to Flic en flac, follow the coastal road (main street) almost until the end.
The wolmar's public beach is between Sugar Beach and Hilton. It's the Bus station terminus for flic en flac.

You can easily park the car. Beach have trees and shadow :)

link : Map Wolmar

Go to the red spot on the map

Shame another one I will miss as not available on March 7th although I am trying to rearrange :)

If we don't make it, hope you all have a fun filled evening!

Congratulations Julien!

congrats. yep will be there  :-)

2 o clock is better for us:)

Sounds splendid! Looking forward to it. :D

Well noted thanks Mr Julien.

Will be present fr sure

Regards
Anil

So sorry, Julien, love to attend but in Jo'berg then. Have a great time, Susanne

Is it going to be baby friendly? Would love to come! 2pm works best for us...

Congrats Julien
God willing I will be there
Can you post a couple of contact tel  no s of two admin people so if someone is lost or wants to ask something on that day or before it is handy helpful.
Also I was wondering about car pooling from grand Bay Area as it saves petrol and it is fun and good healthy interaction @ long drive
Regards
Suresh

Hi Julien,

Sounds great, let me check with the family and we might be around.

Cheers, JoKi

Thanks Julien. We'll certainly be there.

will be there :) 4pm's a better time

I hope i dont get caught up as i'm back to mauritius on saturday 1pm. will try to make it though.

Is it ok to bring kids along ? being an expat and to leave kids at home alone on a Saturday is quite impossible.

Thanks Julien, will be there. C u!

cool. will come and say to everyone :-)

Thanks Julien for the invitation, will be very please to join in the celebration..

Is it going to be baby friendly?

baby and kids friendly, yes :)

My husband and I arrived recently to Mauritius and we will definitely pop round in Wolmar.

Thanks sir Julien, hope i can make it on 7th so i can meet you all!  Cheers!! 😉

Merci pour l'invitation, à demain !

Wolfram beach...where the buses stop?

As Laurent has written hereabove the bus station for Wolmar beach is the terminus of the line bus for Flic en Flac. :)

Julien can I request two contact no . S as a precaution so if someone wants location of group etc a tel chat can help .....
Regards
Suresh
Also a standby covered area or shed place should b kept in mind ....

Hello Julien,

Just a quick message to tell I will be there,
hope you won't forget the green Expat flag lolol

Congratulations on the 10 years,
Greetings,

Beemo

Hello all,

A group of us from the north are planning on coming to the meet up this afternoon but it's pouring with rain up here. How's the weather holding out on the west coast? Is the meet up still on??

It is currently raining in Flic en Flac - looks like for a long time.

:-(

Christine and I will be there anyway ... we'll surely be less than planned, but never mind, we'll organize another meet up soon ;)