URGENT WHEN SHOULD I LAND IN DENMARK??

Hi Friends!

Please help!!!

My Denmark Greencard was approved on 29 September 2014 and I submitted my passport in VFS on 2014 December.On the visa stamping it was mentioned valid thru 180 days as June 2015. However along with my passport stamping I got a Letter which was mentioned as below:---

Authorization to issue a long stay visa

"We authorize diplomatic mission to issue a long stay visa type D to the above mentioned foreign  national within SIX months from 29 September 2014 with the following permissions/restriction"

My query is do I need to travel Denmark in mid of March as my 180 days will be completed on March 27th according to Letter or mid of June as per my passport  visa stamping.

I think it means the diplomatic mission ie, Danish Embassy has to issue the visa within 6 months after the Danish immigration has approved your application. Apparently you already got the visa so no need to worry about it. You just have to be in DK before your visa's validity expires...as you mentioned in June 2015.

Goodluck on your endeavours!

When did  u applied may I know and from which country, I am trying to calculate the time required to obtain greencard

Thankyou but they mentioned as long term visa,  what does it imply? I amin dilemma whether to leave in March or June to Denmark.

Authorization to issue a long stay visa

"We authorize diplomatic mission to issue a long stay visa type D to the above mentioned foreign  national within SIX months from 29 September 2014 with the following permissions/restriction"

hey there, if you got your passport with a visa showing that you can stay in denmark for 3 months yet you applied for a green card. bassically you have to go to denmark and then when your in denmark the immigration and recruitement will send a letter at your address asking you to go to either a police station where they will take your biometrics and a picture of you. after two or some weeks you will recieve a letter with your green card in which allows you to stay for more than three months.

The basic requirement is that you need to move to Denmark before your visa gets expired (this is 180 days from the day your visa got issued by the Danish embassy - This expiry date is mentioned in the visa).

I recommend that please don't wait for 180th day...........Travel at least a month or two before your visa expiry to avoid last minute surprises. Once you travel to Denmark, you will need to find a place to stay and then approach the local Citizen Service Center for reporting your immigration. They will assist you with your immigration, CPR registration, and availing the biometric residence card.

As a rule, you are obliged to report immigration in order to register with the CPR to the Citizen Service Centre if you stay in Denmark for more than three months (six months for some groups), have a place of residence or a fixed place of abode and either hold a residence permit, a registration certificate or a residence card. In order to be registered with the CPR you must apply to the Citizen Service Centre in your municipality. When you have registered with the CPR, you will be given a civil registration number and be issued with a health insurance card.

hey
is it mandatory to move to denmark within 6 months ? also is it possible to return back after a week or two. please guide me about this. I am interested in going to denmark but would like to get some experience in my field before i go there. what shoud i do after i go there and if i want to come back

Thank you

You have already received a residence and work permit.

https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_ … scheme.htm
I have copied this passage from above homepage: Please note that within six months of getting your permit, you must move to Denmark and have an official address in Denmark.

https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_ … cation.htm
If you leave Denmark for an extended period of time, or if you no longer maintain a residence in Denmark, your residence permit can lapse.
If you keep a residence in Denmark (that is, if you are registered at a Danish address), there is a limit to how long you may be outside the country if you wish to keep your residence permit. If you do not return to Denmark within the time limit, your residence permit will automatically lapse.

https://www.nyidanmark.dk/da-dk/Ophold/ … tudier.htm

As you see you cannot make it this way.

thank you so much for your reply. but can you also tell me how much is the extended limit.. I do intend to be in Denmark within 6 months but could you tell me how long I can be outside Denmark ?? please let me know how much is it in months that I can stay outside Denmark if I register a home address .. thank you

My last link should have given you this answer, but I now see that it was in Danish. Here comes the English one:
https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_ … cation.htm

you have to land within 180 days of geting green card.after registering here for residence permit you cant be away for more than180 days.