Want to move from US to Sosua

I am 48 years old, divorced and really no family close to me. I need a change for the 2nd half of my life. I like the North Coast but can't seem to find a furnished apartment in Sosua. I am willing to spend up to $500 a month but would like to pay less. Any suggestions on how to locate an apartment for a 6 month lease beginning May 1st? My other concern is medical care and prescriptions. I have ADHD and take Adderall. Will it be a problem getting Adderall? I also suffer anxiety and depression and will need a good English speaking psychiatrist and possibly a therapist. Will this be a problem? I hope to meet many new friends and start my life over. I am still second guessing myself so any encouragement would be appreciated. Jamie St. Cyr, Philadelphia PA

First welcome to the forums. You should read as much as you can on the various threads, especially the north coast threads.  You will find some answers there.

Apartment - boots on the ground my friend.  You need to be here to find an apartment it is really tough long distance.  Come down and spend the first week in a hotel and look for the apartment.

Insurance - there is lots of info on here about two plans - Universal and Humano.  BOTH are good BUT both will exclude pre existing conditions and not cover those things.  Bob will come answer about the Adderall  availability as he is knowledgeable about this.

English speaking Psychologist and therapist -  you may have some issues finding options.  AND I hate to be blunt is this the place you want to be with anxiety disorders?  This  country is a huge adjustment,  think hard on this one.

Welcome,
Planner is correct that  you need to spend a few days  in a hotel here nad look for an apartment.  MOst are not adverstised so "walking the streets" so to speak will be your best bet.  There are lots available at that price point.

As to meds.  You most likely can find it here and it willl be over the counter.  However make sure you bring enough for a month or two to carry you over.

I  do know of a retired Paychiatrist here who comes from San Digo in the US and is American.  PM me for details.

Do read LOTS here on the forum. Lliving here is vastly different that vacatioining here.

Bob K