How is britich trated i cairo?

any idea

canadianman35 wrote:

any idea

:unsure 

I take it you are asking how are British treated in Cairo ??
As your profile shows youn are Syrian could you please tell us why you are asking ?   

Perhaps introduce yourself to the forum with a little information about yourself so members will then feel comfortable about replying to your post.
Thank you.

so Im now in cairo. Does it matter how egyptain treat other arab or foreign as long as they are not egyptain I think some of them try to go high on price so what should we do about that especially when the price of the product is not shown.

Nothing but i cant stop laughing.

canadianman35 wrote:

so Im now in cairo. Does it matter how egyptain treat other arab or foreign as long as they are not egyptain I think some of them try to go high on price so what should we do about that especially when the price of the product is not shown.

you didn't reply on stumpy's request! and kindly be specific in your question as you are speaking as if we all already know what you want :D

Hello canadianman35,

According to your profile you are Syrian, you've just stated that you are in Cairo, Egypt.

I (as a born Canadian) am extremely curious about your user name and the title of this topic thread. Have you ever actually been in Canada? Have you ever really been to Great Britain???

Unless you have become a naturalized citizen of Canada then you are NOT a "canadianman35" and if you aren't naturalized in the UK then you are not "britich" (sic) either.

I'm sorry, but I find it highly offensive for you to be using the name of my country in such a manner, if you are NOT a Canadian citizen then I ask you in all decency, please change your user name and do not pretend to be a Canadian. I'm sorry, I feel that doing so is an absolute insult.

Regards,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

to all friends and people,

why you guys post things like these.
I live in Canada and profile show is Syrian which is true I didn't lie.
born in Syria and live in Canada.
second why you are suprised that I asked about british

I want to know how they treat british or American or Canadian.

does it really matter If I said how is Canadian treated or how is autralian treated or how is british treated.

to that guy from Canada. why you want me to change my email. I guess you don't own Canada as Canada is free country from what I know plus I live there so if you live there I also lived there.

thanks all

no need to answer him. I know I wrote the truth.
if you cant belive im canandian ask me anything about Canada and I will describe it for you. if you cant belive in cairo ask me anything about cairo and I will answer you.

regards

If you have not naturalized as a Canadian citizen you ARE NOT a Canadian. Simple as that. You have no right whatsoever to call yourself a Canadian simply because you live in that country; no more than I have a right to call myself Brazilian simply because I'm living here.

Nationality is NOT a joke and not to be taken lightly.

If you aren't a citizen of Canada you ARE NOT A CANADIAN. End of story!!! Don't pretend to be something you are not. That's what is insulting, perhaps you can understand that. You come into a country as a refugee (I suppose) and then claim it is yours???? Canada is permitting you to stay there, this is a very special privilege, You should respect the people who have granted you that privilege by not claiming to be one of them, until such time as you become a citizen and really have that right.

ok as you like sir you can say whatever you want as if you are Canadian and Canada is free country.

Well said James.

I am English living in England at the moment and as soon as I have sold my property I will be moving to Egypt, all I can say is I have only found the Egyptians treating me with respect, treat people with the respect you e pet and then there is never a problem.  I don't understand why you specifically ask how British are treated as your not British.

Hi.

I am a British woman living in Cairo. Most of the time i am treated with respect and Egyptian people respect me for living in Cairo.
My only problem I don't like is that many think because I am British, that I am rich or have alot of money when I do not.
I work for an Egyptian salary and don't live in Zamalek or Maadi like many foreigners

I'm Canadian and I appreciate hearing about positive things in Egypt because I have fiancé who Egyptian living in Cairo. I hope to move to Egypt this year for marriage and because people who from Britain saying they treated with respect I can be sure I'll get the same. But I'm worried about Egyptian citizens thinking I'm rich. I know they try to charge people for many things only because they think we have lots of money. But I'll be safer because I'll be with my new family who are Egyptian. I'm also worried about how hard it be to get job. Can someone tell me please

Mostly I feel disrespected, but this isn't because I'm British, it is because I am a woman. 

I hear a lot of sexual and derogatory comments, again, nothing to do with my nationality, it is because I simply breath!

On a positive note, I do find many people to be friendly and curious as to why I am here and they go out of their way to be welcoming.

Well I'm  a Canadian about 150km from Cairo in a small city.  I get treated pretty good except I feel a bit uncomfortable from people always staring at me.  It makes me stay in a lot more when it would nice to be out.  I haven't been to cairo since being here yet so I'm not sure how much different it will be there for me.

Hi there.
Where are you staying?  Is it for work?

Tracy

@Tracey it said your inbox is full when I tried to send so I will just type here.  I'm in the sharqiyah.  Zagazig is a city near by.  Well about 45 mins away I think.  No I'm actually off work on a leave.

@TraceyGrant was that message to me?   I just assumed it was but then I seen a post from Peanuts69 today as well.

Hi...I emptied some of my inbox so you should be able to talk there now . So what do you do in this place for work?

Not sure which message you mean?

Good morning Ehab.
it was a real pleasure getting to know you last night. I do hope you are able to come to Cairo soon so we can meet. If you need to find a cheap place to stay, then let me know as I know a few places. Unfortunately, as I live with an Egyptian lady an her son, I cannot invite you to stay with me....you know how they are here! 

Tracy