Free Zone

I would like to visit the free zone from Belize. Can someone answer a few questions for me?

Would I have to pay the 37.50 exit fee?

What stores for shopping are in the free zone?

What other services and supplies are available there?

Anything I purchase there is it duty free?

Currency accepted there?

Thanks

you could go and just spend the $37.50 to find out the answers for yourself.......   Nothing is duty free. ever. in Belize.

Awww.... What an unhelpful answer Cali... :(

Canada, you should be able to pay for items with US or Peso and Cali is right about the exit fee. You must pay it every time you exit Belize and Mexico. I've never been to Free Zone, so that's all I know thus far. I'm going to stay in Mx for 7 months and considering shopping in the Free Zone too. Would be great to hear some actual and helpful experiences. I feel like I've seen a thread about the Free Zone.... maybe on Facebook?

Icobham     My answer is accurate even if not "helpful".    Please notice that I did answer the questioner, who now knows that they will pay the exit fee of $37.50 and there will be duty/tariffs.   Are you suggesting that I should have gone on to list the merchants or merchandise available?     Since this is in Belize, Belize dollars are accepted.   Pesos are used in Mexico.   

Other people are not even bothering to reply, to this question that has a blatantly obvious solution/answer.

Silence is always best if an answer seems unnecessary. I will be the person to thank you for your current helpful information and clarification. Much appreciated.

We recently visited the freezone when traveling from Cancun to Belize.  Personally, I enjoyed exploring all the stores and did find a few good deals.  We were returning to US after a couple weeks in Belize, so we weren't shopping for household items for our condo etc.  more gift items to take back to US.  It seemed like there were lots of clothing stores, household supplies etc.  we weren't there long enough to see everything.  Allow several hours to explore.

I do know many people in Corozal area and on the island do make the trip every couple months or so, which makes the trip/fee worth the cost.

Hope this helps.

@Mommy,
Thanks for the information it was helpful. When you have to travel a few hours to get to the free zone and you have to pay the exit fee you want to make sure the trip is well worth it and it's what you were looking for.