Validation of the proffesional title

Hi all,

I´m a Colombian planning to  visit Hungary for a while, I was wondering how or where can I find information about how to make my professional title valid there?

Thanks a lot, Hope you can help.

Maiguel

Hello Maiguel and welcome to Expat.com

Could you please tell us what do you mean by professional title being valid?

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Maiguelmedallo wrote:

Hi all,

..... how or where can I find information about how to make my professional title valid there?l

Given the zero info provided, it depends on what your profession is. 

If it's regulated - like medicine or dentistry or law or structural engineer etc - then you'll need to get your qualifications recognised as equivalent to those issued in the EU (unless your training was accedited by a recognised EEA authority like an EEA university).  If you are an IT professional or something like that, that's unregulated.  However, each country is responsible for its own recognition process so if you went to Romania, you'd need to register yourself as that profession with say, Ministry of Industry - that applies to regulated and unregulated professions.  On the other hand, UK doesn't care what your profession is (unless it's regulated).

Hi Kenjee, thanks a lot.

I meant the process that I should do in order to make my undergraduate university title (diploma) valid or accepted by any Hungarian entity. Let´s say by a Hungarian Univerity where I would like to study a master or so.

Regards,
Maiguel

You should be more explicit to get meaningful information in a forum.
Do you simply wonder, if saying "dr. XY" on your business card is legally ok in here (nobody cares)? Or do you want to apply to a company as an engineer?(which does not require more than their trust in your uni/diploma, IMHO) . The only situation I know of when you actually need to worry about formalities, and go through naturalization procedure of your degree is when you want to apply to a civil-service job, e.g. as a scientist in a state research institute/university. Applying to enter a PhD program should be similar.

This seems to be a relevant page for diploma up to MSc level of the relevant ministy:
https://ugyintezes.magyarorszag.hu/ugye … 91202.html
There are two flavours of this paperwork "elismerés" (recognition)  and "honosítás" (naturalization) - and I am not yet able to say whats the difference.

As I had to learn, PhD degrees are naturalized by universities (any of them).

Any of the above costs a few 10k  HUF, naturalization of my PhD from an unknown country called "Germany" costed me around 75k. (around half a scientist's net salary) Dear highly skilled immigrant, welcome to Hungary, please pay at the cashier...

Best to surf the universities page, if no info found, then ask the university. As you are potentially gonna pay them, they may be eager to answer this standard question.
Also FB groups of that uni are a good source of such info.
But I actually believe, the link I posted earlier is the correct one, just need to find an English version or try Google translate -  dunno how well it works with Hungarian.