New to the Portugal forum

Hi guys

I'm new to the Portugal forum.  I'm still living in England but want to move to warmer climates at the end of the year.  I won't need to find work as I've started a business that I can run from anywhere in the world but I was wondering what life is like for an expat living in Portugal.  Any experience you want to share would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Lorraine

Hi Lorraine,
you are on Thai forum too , I lived there between Thais and expats  nearly two years and
I'd like to come back. If you'd like to ask something, feel free to use my email ad-ss :
alsn014 (at) gmail.com
Bye~
Alex.
Munich.

Hi Alex

Yes I am. I love Thailand but wonder how difficult it will be to run my business out there as although it's possible, it would be a completely different system. There are a few countries in Europe that I also love so I'm just putting feelers out at the moment.

So you're currently in Germany but have lived in Thailand and Portugal?

Dear Lorraine,
I never lived in Portugal, but ... there is very good documentary & travel TV in Germany...
I lived in Thailand , on The Cook Islands , in Israel, was in Laos & Malaysia.
Thailand is much more friendly to expats who do nothing there. More than 90% of expats do "it" there. But, like I understood, you run international online business. I heard , for example, about colony of IT professionals, programmers (mostly from Russia), who live on Koh Samui.
Anyway, you have In Thailand highest quality mobile connection . I never had problems with my provider one2call (Ais co.) (incl. int. calls : Ger.,UK,USA). You have real high speed reliable internet too. You need good lawyer for the business registration. There are
some uncomfortable things in the Thai Working Law and he can be very helpful.
Best wishes.
Alex.

Hi Lorraine,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread as from your posts and the posts of Alex on the Portugal Forum for better visibility and interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi Lorraine,

You will certainly have warmer climate here but it depends on where you intend to live , if Algarve then lots of expats there and language no issue, We originally were in Porto which is my favourite place but decided to buy a bigger place in the interior, gets very very hot and not many people speak english where we are so I woud suggest getting the language.

People in the main are nice but if you are an animal lover then its upsetting to see the way some people treat animals and the strays but it is getting better best of luck wherever you decide

Hi Lozy,

Lisbon is warmer place and nice city to start the business. It depends what kind of business you want to do.
if you need any help, let me know :), I have mobile phone  business.

Thank You
Gourav

Hi gourav. Am planning to move Portugal. And want to do business. I want to open a mobile phone shop. Would you please help me out with this. Like how much money do I need to start this business. And I will appreciate your help and support. Thanks

Sir/Madam
                I hope you will be fine .i am living in Lisbon Portugal on refugee

status and i have full time work permission as well .i want to know

that can i change my refugee status on work permit

Regard

Shahzad