Bringing My UK Car To Malta

Hey guys I have decided to bring my UK registered car to Malta. Pay the import duty over here and sell it.

I heard rumors that imports sell for drastically less than a Maltese Registered Car over here? Does anyone have any knowledge on selling a imported car here?

Jack

(moderated: no illegal advices here please)

Thank you for your reply!

I have seen the same model as mine for sale over here, theyre in better condition for the age and less miles! My trustworthy 2.0TDi has done 210,000 Kilometers, but still drives like new

And I was quoted 2050EUR charges, so I would be hopeful to sell it for a bit more than that. I was just wondering if there is a prejudice with buying imported cars or not =]

Once registered in Malta most people will not know the difference between  a car imported by  a dealer and one imported by an individual.
When you come to sell it, it will  depend on price and condition.
LHD drive cars are harder to sell than RHD.
Lots of cars up for sale in Malta on UK plates from  dealers, just parked at the side of the road.
Cars registered in Malta before 2009 have a lower circulation tax.

http://www.transport.gov.mt/admin/uploa … 135518.pdf

Anyone who says that they can get it registered for you at half the price are operating outside the law, they are either dodgy dealers or con men ( or both).

Terry

just pay heed to Tearnet, he know's his stuff.  :top:

Hi everybody,

I have removed all the inappropriate posts from this topic.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers: