Moving to Germany

Hi,

I am Neal. I was thinking of moving to Germany. I am from Bangladesh. I wanna move there asap. If anyone of you have information. Step by step if possible, that would help me out. Thank you

Hi Neal,

Have you looked into the thread on top 'The German online guide'? You will find a wealth of information about  formalities, health system, housing etc. there.

What is your situation now? Do you have a job offer lined up or are you starting from scratch?

i am starting from scratch. I need to find a solution soon though

nealmitra wrote:

i am starting from scratch. I need to find a solution soon though

It is difficult for non - EU citizens to get a job in Germany.  Many other EU nationals are looking for work too and have priority over applicants from outside the EU. Without German language skills, you will have a hard time finding a job unless your profession is highly sought after. A job offer is (in most cases) necessary before you can apply for a work permit. The process is pretty time-consuming and I doubt you can get a fast solution here.
Here is the link to the German Embassy in Bangladesh for further reading: http://www.dhaka.diplo.de/

In case you are highly qualified,  this might be a useful link: http://www.bmbf.de/en/19727.php
A short overview over different visa options: http://www.workpermit.com/germany/requi … permit.htm

This might sound pretty negative but a quick -fix is in my opinion close to impossible. Your chance of finding work increases if you speak the language and work in a field which is in high demand in Germany.

Nealmitra:
You should start by learning German, because (unless you are highly skilled in a sought-after profession) your job chances are very small without language skills - and even if you find one you will be paid far less. (Of course it also helps a lot in daily life.) You country's Goethe Institute offers high quality German classes.
After two or three years of weekly classes (or a shorter time of intensive, daily classes), you'll get an A1 or better B1 certificate. Then you can start applying for jobs at suitable employers in your field. It helps at this stage if you visit Germany for a few weeks (at least).
Just coming with no job, or at least some interviews, lined up is not advisable for non-EU-citizens.

Mouzes:
You already speak some German, but not enough to find a well-paying job - so improve on it if at all possible! If you are EU-citizen, you may just come to Germany, register your residence (you'll need to find one first!) and look for a job. But be prepared to have to return empty-handed after some time - the job market isn't easy in Germany (except for a few niches, where skilled manpower is rare and in demand).

Mouzes: This in a English language forum - please do not post in any other language!
(Dies ist ein englischsprachiges Forum - bitte nicht in anderen Sprachen posten!)

Mouzes: This is an ENGLISH language forum - future posts in German will be deleted without warning!

I am not unfriendly, but as Country Forum Expert I am in charge of reminding people of the rules. Thus I told you not to post in German. You ignored that, so I had to put it in stronger words.
Please read the forum rules before posting: This is a forum about English speakers in Germany. If you prefer not to post in English, there are other forums you can visit.
People are generally friendly and helpful on this forum, so if you want to know more about living in Germany as an expat, you may read the many existing posts and, if you still have a specific question that was not already answered, you are welcome to post it (in English). The site also has a classifieds section, where you could also post an ad for your job or accommodation search (but please also pursue other methods for these).

Beppi gave good advice and like he said, this is a English language forum and he is NOT being unfriendly to remind you of it. Being an EU member, having 7 year experience in IT and already speaking some German are all plus points for you. But if you want advice then maybe give more information about what field of IT you would hope to work in and possibly which city. Then people can possibly respond with advice. It is OK to mention your personal situation but we all know that life is hard and to that we can only offer sympathy. I don't work in IT so I cannot give any specific advice but if you like to know some more general information about Germany or Stuttgart in particular then feel free to ask. By the way, Stuttgart has a lot of tech related businesses, low unemployment and has a very large Croatian community - so it is probably a good area to consider. Maybe you can find also Croatian forums to specifically help you in this?

For those who need support in regard to German taxes for expatriates: scheller-international.com/category/expatriates/
Best regards
Peter

Although Peter Scheller above promotes his own commercial website as a tax advisor, which is strictly speaking not allowed on this forum, the linked page is full of very good advice for foreigners working and earning in Germany.
If you are not native speaker, you need a tax advisor anyway for your yearly declaration - not necessarily Peter Scheller, but one who speaks your language is certainly preferable.

One thing to add to his advice on the linked page:
Support of needy relatives (parents, kids, other dependants) in your home country is also tax deductible (up to certain limits). The paperwork is onerous, but if you send money home, it is certainly worth asking your tax advisor about it!

Sorry for breaking rules. That was not my intention. Although I have to say. I have seen various links like that on the blog. I will not make any remarks like that.
Best regards
ps

@ Peter Scheller > I invite you to get registered in our business directory please, people will find you more easily and be able to contact you.

Thanks

Priscilla