South African in Paris

Hello everyone! I'm an Afrikaans/English speaking gentleman looking for in opportunity in France to be with my wife (she is French) any idea where/how I can start the search?

Any qualifications Dawie ?

Unfortunately not really, I have a certificate from the dept of water and forestry to say that I am a level one Water Technician. The sad part is I am an extremely great estate manager, that can do so many things. And I am willing to start right at the bottom, all I need is a job I het there first, get my foot in the door.

I will ask around and if anything comes up will let you know. " Vasbyt"

Goeie môre,
Woon jy in Paris? Kan jou Franse vrou jou nie help nie? In hierdie stad het jy emmers vol geduld,kalahari hardegat en goeie loop skoene nodig om te oorleef!

Andapanda wrote:

Goeie môre,
Woon jy in Paris? Kan jou Franse vrou jou nie help nie? In hierdie stad het jy emmers vol geduld,kalahari hardegat en goeie loop skoene nodig om te oorleef!

As this is an Anglophone forum and the language used is English, please post in ENGLISH only.

Thank you.

Hi Andapanda, ek is nog in Suid Afrika. Ons probeer nog plan maak on my daar te kry, maar dis moeilik om sonder 'n werk reg te kom.
En kyk, ek is gebore met geduld en groot loop skoene... Hier in die vrystaat leer mens mos maar Baie van loop.

Hi Dawie,
Ek het nou net n simpel antwoord van n persoon gekry wat my aanraai om in engels te skryf!!!!!
Dit is vir my heerlik om my taal,die pragtige Afrikaans te gebruik. Indien jy wil kan jy direk op my epos skryf want ek kan vir jou kontakte verskaf. Sien jy my epos adres?

HI Dawie,
How is your French? You do have a lot of options in France. It might be a possibility to learn the language and work part time.

Sadly in France without qualifications it is very hard to find a job. My husband is in his late thirties and when he was interviewing recently they were more interested in what university he went to than his actual work experience.

Which is sad Karazn... I never had money to go to college/university... But I have worked myself up to a very senior management position. But it seems as if that won't help me now. How do I convince people in another country that doing what I have done over the past decade is more valuable than the papers they need...

Thank you Hasali, I have sent him an email... Let's hope he is the way forward.

He replied, and I can tell you off the Hand that you my friend are coming across as a scam artist. "Dr Jones" have no info on me and he replies with a promise that everything will be done within 14 days and it's going to cost me €4600?! With no company name, nothing on google... Thanks for wasting my time, but no thanks.

There is a lot of con artists in Paris. Be aware!  I was once nearly trick by a so called "famous" lawyer who wanted me to pay him upfront and his flights from Marocco! I contact the American Embassy for his removal on their recommended lists. They were grateful for the information.
Most of the flat owners have their own price and made up contracts and basicly try to con foreigners.

If I were you I'd start rural lots of untamed land,First learn French as much as you can it should not be hard you are already multi lingual. you may wish to explore the africans skills in rural parts.
If you wish to stick with trees and water than this is probably one of the greatest places to earn world recognised qualifications. Its very reasonable to study here when compared to the rest of Europe