Did a search, but didn't see an answer. Medical form?

Tomorrow the boys and I are going for our health check. All I've been able to find is that a health form is required, but haven't been able to find an actual form. My primary care manager has no idea, and has never done a medical certificate, so she can't help. Does anyone have any templates, or know where I can find one?

pinkcookie wrote:

Tomorrow the boys and I are going for our health check. All I've been able to find is that a health form is required, but haven't been able to find an actual form.

I entered Ecuador seven times between 2001 and 2013, and never was asked to present a health form, 'Cookie.

I have my doubts that such is currently required.  Even the Web page I found in a Google search "ecuador-medical-form Ecuador Living" ironically doesn't refer to such a form.

However, that page does list espanol translations for many words that may be useful to you in dealing with medical folks in Cuenca.  Something to print and review while you're in the waiting room and the boys are getting their physicals over there in Japan.

cccmedia in Quito

cccmedia wrote:
pinkcookie wrote:

Tomorrow the boys and I are going for our health check. All I've been able to find is that a health form is required, but haven't been able to find an actual form.

I entered Ecuador seven times between 2001 and 2013, and never was asked to present a health form, 'Cookie.

I have my doubts that such is currently required.  Even the Web page I found in a Google search "ecuador-medical-form Ecuador Living" ironically doesn't refer to such a form.

However, that page does list espanol translations for many words that may be useful to you in dealing with medical folks in Cuenca.  Something to print and review while you're in the waiting room and the boys are getting their physicals over there in Japan.

cccmedia in Quito

I haven't found much online, but that is what the Embassy here in Tokyo is telling me I need to get, but they can't provide me with any forms for it. I am continually told my doctor will know, but she doesn't! If I have to, I will just submit it without the certificate and see how it goes.

We dutifully got a letter from our doctor regarding our health status, had it translated and notarized, as this was on the list of required documents from the Consulate. We were never asked for it, even for our residency application, I think this might be one of those little "just in case documents" that if they feel you might have major health issues, they can request it. So far, no one I've talked to has had to submit anything like that. A general letter of good health should suffice on the off chance that the Ecuadorian government requests it.