Hello :)

Hi All,

I'm new in Georgia, just moved into Tbilisi less than 2 month ago. This city is a beauty. I love the nature scenery.

I would like to make new friends to hang out with. I mostly spend my days working. Weekends were not so exciting, tried a couple of restaurants, bars and cafes. Still missing the company of friends.

I'm looking for social group gatherings to be able to create a small community of mine to be able to tour the country with, maybe. Or do any activities.

I'm originally from Cairo, Egypt. I work in the IT field for a fashion retail company.
It does get really boring hanging around work colleagues who don't speak about anything but work. and I need to snap out of that on my rest days.

If anyone can tell me good places to go to, to chill-out, find group activities, would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ramy

hi friend,i'm from Africa Nigeria precisely.i have been tbilisi close to a year now.the place is nice you can tour new places if you want.this is my mobile,,,,555-509-154,,,,just hollar ok,cheers!!!!!!!!!!

sorry mate,
i've left for some time now... didnt work out...
i'm in saudi arabia now

thanks for your note  :)

@ rtleo > Do note that the member jokizi replied you in 2012.

Have you succeeded in finding good places to go to, to chill-out and find group activities in Georgia?

Maybe you can give us some information for those who are seeking. ;)

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hey Priscilla
Thanks for the note, I actually didn't notice the date jokizi replied to my post  :D
WOW i'm 3 years late in my reply to him!!!!!!

So i guess you'll have to wait for 3 years to get my reply too  :P

Ok as far as I remember, there are few places that i really enjoyed
1) In Freedom square: there is an Egyptian style cafe/bar, they serve very good food, shisha (water-pipe), and they do a belly dance show on weekends (i'm not sure if they are still doing this until now)  :one
2) Mother of Georgia Statue is over looking a square they call it (Medan Square), from this you go to a street called Jan Shardeni St. its full of bars, restaurants and night clubs... very nice area for hanging out... some are a bit expensive.
3) There is an entertainment park with lots of group activities, Go-Karts, 7D Cinema, video games and lots of other games... i'll send u the name if i recall it  :gloria
4) There is a street with a BIG bicycle (you won't miss it if you ever saw it... the street running down from this bicycle is also full of local bars... some are nice (they always bring live bands to play music), and others were boring, you'll have to try your luck and pick the one that suits your taste
5) Mtskheta, a touristic town about 30 mins drive north of Tbilisi, very nice old churches and scenery
6) Vake Park: is good to visit in the morning on a Saturday. get some cotton candy, pop-corn, and some drinks
7) Kalakuri Restaurant: very nice food - close to the creek on the east side of freedom square
8) The cable car that takes you to the mother of Georgia... take it and enjoy the scenery from above the mountain, don't take the cable car back down... walk the streets down... enjoy a bear or a light drink in any of the bars/coffee shops you'll find on your way... you'll blend more with the locals this way :)
9) 41.688415,44.811039: These are coordinates to a Royal Bath. if you want to be pampered with a royal bath, that a place to go to... Check it out and take your boyfriend/girlfriend... i tried and it was amazing  :cool:

There are a lot more that i've enjoyed, but my memory has failed to remember the names... i'll post more if i recall anything and i hope i've given you something new to enjoy your stay there  :)

You can read more about the Royal bath here:
- caucasianchallenge.com/2014/09/tbilisis-famous-baths-one-visit/
and here
- tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294195-d459964-Reviews-Abanotubani-Tbilisi.html

Mother of georgia is AKA Mother of Kartli, you can google search for it, and find it on google maps