Finding flats

As salam walakum WA rahmtullahi WA Baraktoh,  hello... I hope this reaches you all in good health .

InshAllah me and my family will be moving we pray in the next couple weeks. We are thinking agadir and I was wondering what would be the best way to find a flat ?  and what would be a good price for a Simi furnished or furnished flat ? 2 bed ?

Sorry if I am asking to much just like to know as much as I can

Alikoum Salam you really would need too go there to find a flat other wise you will pay a lot try the Internet for a week rent and then go searching when your there

Thala frask

vailtribe wrote:

As salam walakum WA rahmtullahi WA Baraktoh,  hello... I hope this reaches you all in good health .

InshAllah me and my family will be moving we pray in the next couple weeks. We are thinking agadir and I was wondering what would be the best way to find a flat ?  and what would be a good price for a Simi furnished or furnished flat ? 2 bed ?

Sorry if I am asking to much just like to know as much as I can

Please don't address people you don't know with all this religious mumbo jumbo. The majority of people using these boards are not of the Muslim faith or are atheists. It's extremely offensive.

As for looking for a flat, rent hotel rooms for a week. During that week look for a reputable lettings agency and go and see each flat they offer you individually. Insist on meeting the landlord (or someone who has power to deal on his behalf) and negotiate the price downwards. Do not ever use intermediaries who approach you either while you are in Agadir or here on these boards saying that they have just the thing for you. This will cost you dear. You will probably receive messages in your Expat-Blog inbox from people offering "help". Ignore them. If someone suddenly turns up in this forum and offers you "help", especially if they have no or a short record of posting, ignore them.

Good luck.

Obviously  not everyone is non muslim here , I am and greater a Muslim and none Muslims.  From my understanding of the rules there is no place that say I can not greet the way I please , and it's not mob jombo. It's called Arabic . MashAllah and in no way what I said was offending . Actually the meaning of it is quit the opposite of being offensive. It means may peace and blessings be upon you . Any who . Thank you for your advice of not allowing one to help me . Does anyone know how to go about finding a flat .

Oh and since we are giving good advice I would suggest you not call people's words mombo jombo that is exstreamly offensive and rude . And there over a billion people in this world that use this greeting . And for you to use the mombo jombo . Is very sad state of mentality  .. again thanks for your efforts

Thank you aisha

The extended version of the Salam -  "WarahmatuAllahi Wabarakatahu", as far as I'm aware, is mainly reserved for use among Muslims. Non-Muslims may & do use the shortened "Salam Alaykum". So I think because you used the longer Salam, that tipped him over the edge, and triggered the reaction, which is understandable, lol. I mean, I mainly attended Catholic schools, and although some of what they would say, is for all our collective benefit, whether it was before the start of class, or during lunch-time, I wouldn't say I found it offensive, being a Muslim, but I would of preferred not to hear it, regardless of it's meaning. Likewise, I believe he doesn't want to hear it, as he isn't Muslim.

It did appear you were addressing Muslims, and as such, he felt excluded from the thread, and that's why I assume he felt offended. But it's certainly not mumbo-jumbo. Anyway, I hope you find what you're looking for! I'm sorry I can't be of much help.

It's an anglophone forum. It's a non-religious forum. There is no place for religious salutations, long or short and no place for foreign languages.

In the post of 16:25 the OP says this:--

"Does anyone know how to go about finding a flat ."

I already answered that question.

Yes, but "Salam alykum" isn't religious. You probably hear it everyday (even said to you), as well as the sound of the Azan, so it being used here and there on this forum, is pretty harmless in comparison to what goes on daily where you live.

And I think I have posted before that I prefer the Syrian custom of saying "Marhaba" as you can't possibly know the religion of the person you are addressing.

As for what I hear everyday, yes, I live in a Muslim-majority country and clearly I expect it and hear it. When I'm on expat-blog, however, I don't expect to hear exhortations or thanks being given to god, for whatever reason or in whatever form.

Welcome

Hi guys, we are getting off topic.

please remind religion and politics aren't welcome on Expat.com, as there are private matters that should be discussed in private.

This said, Vailtribe, you should read our expat in Morocco guide and eventually post an ad in the housing section, it will surely help

All the best,

Julien

laduqesa wrote:

And I think I have posted before that I prefer the Syrian custom of saying "Marhaba" as you can't possibly know the religion of the person you are addressing.

As for what I hear everyday, yes, I live in a Muslim-majority country and clearly I expect it and hear it. When I'm on expat-blog, however, I don't expect to hear exhortations or thanks being given to god, for whatever reason or in whatever form.

As I said, it's not religious. So you don't need to know the religion of the person you're saying it to.

Wikipedia wrote:

As-salamu alaykum (Arabic السلام عليكم) is an Arabic greeting. It translates to "peace be upon you (plural)", but is often used as a greeting and parting and is considered the equivalent to "hello", "hi" or "good day" as a greeting and "goodbye" or "farewell" as a parting in English.

Serena Williams, after winning, always thanks "Jehovah". The tennis crowd don't expect to hear it, neither do I, as it's not the place for it, but I've come to respect that people are free to thank whoever they want. You, me, that guy outside, their cat, the food they ate. Makes no difference who they want to thank, and I don't see how it offends anyone, unless they were expecting themselves to be thanked and weren't.

Julien wrote:

Hi guys, we are getting off topic.

please remind religion and politics aren't welcome on Expat.com, as there are private matters that should be discussed in private.

This said, Vailtribe, you should read our expat in Morocco guide and eventually post an ad in the housing section, it will surely help

All the best,

Julien

up

I want to say 1. I never met to offend or isolate anyone , there was a hello in there but it was drowned it seems by the other words,.and I do hope that all my messages reaches everyone in good health , I didn't mean to cause any harm to anyone . Please accept my apologies  I didn't know the freedom of religious expression was not accepted here . As Salam walakum WA rahmtullahi WA baraktoh  means may Allah's peace and blessings and mercy be upon you . Never would I thought that this would be a problem to say to another human , it won't happen again on this forum  from me, unless responding to another .

Again I am sorry and if the mods want to delete this post to stop any further harm please do so . I am sorry

WA§ALAIKOM ASSALAM AKHI YOUR WELCOME IN AGADIR IF YOU COME HERE JUST SEND ME MESSAGE I WILL HELP YOU INCHALLAH

ECHARKAOUI wrote:

WA§ALAIKOM ASSALAM AKHI YOUR WELCOME IN AGADIR IF YOU COME HERE JUST SEND ME MESSAGE I WILL HELP YOU INCHALLAH

Could you please lower your caps lock when posting.
It is considered to be rude and is regarded to be  the same as shouting at someone.

Thank you for your understanding

I personally love Salam alikoum don't see a problem and thank you I'm in great health  :)

Hello everyone, finding a furnished house in agadir is not a hard thing. But you do need somebody that's already there for easy search. Somebody who will help you go to housing agencies(which isn't something stressful). The average amount for a house you described is around 3000dh. Good luck