Doing business in Slovakia

Hi,

are foreign investors welcome in Slovakia?

Is it complicated to register a company in Slovakia? What is the procedure?

What is the corporate tax rate in Slovakia?

Is it easy to recruit?

Any advice you would share with us?

Thank you very much for your participation,

Julien

Well it depends what type of business you wish to establish in Slovakia. I set up a consulting business here in 2007, it was not difficult to do, costs little to register a new company and as far as taxation is concerned...I've paid taxes in Canada, Spain, Switzerland and Belgian and the after expenses tax rate in Slovakia for a business is the lowest I've encountered and thus why I continue to live and work out of Slovakia despite my consultancy firm dealing only with clients from other EU countries. My current accountant and tax advisor regularly establishes companies for foreigners and I am sure she would be of help to you. Stay in touch and good luck! :) Colette

Hi Colette1958,

Thank you for this information. :)

Hi Julien,
it is not complicated to register a company in Slovakia.
Bye, Jana

Hello,
I would be interested in setting up a trading company in Slovakia, which would be engaged in imports and exports.  I hold an Indian passport.  What will be the:
1.) duration to float the company and for it to be operational
2.) minimum capital requirements
3.) duration of work permits
4.) whether I can repatriate funds

Thanks a ton

Hi Powerlord,
You sent me next email yeasterday:
"Hello,
I would be interested in setting up a trading company in Slovakia, which would be engaged in imports and exports.  I hold an Indian passport.  What will be the:
1.) duration to float the company and for it to be operational
2.) minimum capital requirements
3.) duration of work permits
4.) whether I can repatriate funds

Thanks a ton"

My answer on your questions:
1. the duration of float the company... I guess you mean how long doest it take to establish the company, e.g. limited company in my Slovakia. It depends who will be executive incorporated to our states commercial register for your company, i.e. if he will be citizan of EU then establishment of your limited company with business subject export/ import will take 2 weeks, but if you will be executive, i.e. non EU citizan it will take longer depends when you will give me your permition for domicile/your  permition for your residence in my country which will give you here Slovak Police and then from this moment ( the Police has 90 + 30 days for to grant you official written permition for your  residence in Slovakia) and then it will take the same 2 weeks.

2. 5000 € is the minimum registered capital for establishment of limited company in Slovakia,

3.sorry which work permitions do you mean? It is not necessary to have any work permition when you will be only shareholder of your Ltd. Slovak company. But when you will be executive of this your company you will need permition for your temporary residence in Slovakia issued by Slovak Police.

4.   do you mean by " to can repatriate funds "....to take the profit from your Slovak company to your contry, i.e. from Slovakia to foreign country? Yes, of course you can take the money where do you want if you will pay all Slovak taxes.

Have a nice day, Jana Kurnavova, attorney from Bratislava

Hello

This is Dr Krishna from India resided in Vienna , PLEASE PROVIDE ME your  CONTACT DETAILS  FOR FURTHER COMMUNICATION Thank you .

Moderated by Christine
Reason: free advertisement is not allowed on the forum