Advice Renewal of Life Partner Permit (including a work endorsement)

Good morning all,

after a lot of blood, sweat and tears, I became the proud owner of a Life Partner Permit with a work endorsement. The visa was applied for, and obtained before VFS started processing applications, it was therefore obtained at Home Affairs.

My visa doesn't expire until end next year, but since it's an LPP with a work endorsement, it's converted to a visitor's visa under section 11 (6). However, my visa title simply states "visitor permit" and does not specify the section. The visa is valid for a full two years, and is clearly not an ordinary visitor's visa.

In the description it also says "To reside with SA resident (followed by my fiance's ID number) & conduct work until xx/xx/xxxx".

When I do need to extend my LPP (which will be done with a marriage certificate this time) do I need to be worried? Seen how I'm actually the holder of a long-term LPP (with a work endorsement), and not a tourist visa, I should be able to apply in the country right?

I have spoken to immigration officers, who said that there is nothing wrong with the visa, and who could immediately distinguish the type of visa that it was. They said I should have no problems.

I'm just looking for extra re-assurance here. Any advice would be welcome!

I'm not certain about the procedure but for some reason I thought you couldn't renew a visitors visa and needed to apply anew each time. I don't know where I got that from though. Sorry, just thinking out loud.

Well, apparently you can: http://www.vfsglobal.com/dha/southafric … _Visa.html
Under "Visitors visa section 11(6) - renewal -spouse of a citizen or permanent resident" which you'll see if you scroll down the page.
This "Visitor's Visa under section 11(6)" is actually a Relatives Permit with a Work Endorsement. But since you can't work on a Relative's Permit, it's converted to a Visitor's Visa under section 11(6). In other words, this is a temporary residence permit.

To sum things up, I just wanted to ask whether there would be any confusion in regards to my visa at VFS. It has all the right terms on it, but doesn't specify the section under which was it was issued (see original post). It's clearly not a  tourist visa, so one should be able to renew here, right?