Lorikeet as a pet

Hello,

I have been living in Vanuatu for almost a year now and received a Lorikeet (named Wisky) as a gift from a friend.  It's a rainbow lorikeet and is a runner i think (abandoned by parent at an early age).  Wisky might be just over an year old now and is unable to fly.
Unfortunately, I might be moving on and will need to leave Vanuatu sometime soon.  I am worried about Wisky and was hoping to find a good home for it before I leave.  Wisky is quite moody similar to any bird and is adored by anyone visiting me.  At night, it always sleeps on the sofa and at times on my hand.

Currently, I live alone and it is kept in a cage during the day.  I open it during lunch hour and in the evenings.  Goes in the cage again in the morning.  This is mostly to protect it from cats as it cannot fly.

If anyone is interested in owning one and confident of looking after it, then please let me know.

Thanks,
Shonal

Go and speak to Milly at Harbour View Restaurant,  I think that is the type of bird that she has there?  If it is it wouldn't hurt to ask if she is interested in another bird to join hers :)

Hi Shonal,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I invite you to please post an advert in the Vanuatu pets classifieds section :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi BellaM,

Thanks for the suggestion and I think they take excellent care of the birds there (yes, they are also Rainbow Lorikeets).
But, I am just trying to see if anyone would like to adopt Wisky for a pet as it longs for affection time and again.  For example, asking u to caress it near its neck or just sitting on your shoulder and nibbling on your ears (never bites) or dancing in front of you asking for food from your plate...  This might not be possible with the other birds Milly has...

If i do not get any interest, then they definitely be an option..

Thanks,
Shonal