How's work life & safety for indian in nigeria

Hi Sanjay

That's good job offer. Please dont hesitate to take the job offer if they are paying you good salary i.e. local allowance + Dollar remitted in India. There are mixed notions again n again am repeating that if you are good to your co workers, employees under  you, driver and house help. Nothing to worry at all. You can certainly plan to bring your family also. We have an Indian School in Ilupeju and you will find Indian grocery easily available here.

Just keep open mind and be alert and all is fine. Try to take accommodation in Ikeja or Suruleru as they are bit more safe area than Ilupeju, Ikorodu, Ojota etc.

All the best to you and welcome to Nigeria.

People here are very friendly if you reciprocate it properly.

Regards,
Briju

Hi Briju,

Thanks for your comments. I will be paid around 54000 USD to Indian account and 36000 USD in local Nigerian currency. I think that is a good offer.

Do you anything about globacom and its working culture? Will they pay us what they promise? I have heard a lot of negative against the company.

how long are you working there? Is your family with you?

Thanks
Sanju

Hi Sanjay

That's good offer. I have no idea about the GLOCOM as none of our friends or known people work there. We are in Nigeria since last 2 yrs and with grace of god nothing has happened to us. I am with my dad and he works here.

Regards,
Briju

Hey Briju,

Thanks again...I will consider it seriously then...

Is there any Indian association there? how effective is the police out there? wt abt the climate and overall life standards?

where is your native in India?

Thanks
Sanju

it depend on the area but most estate in Lagos are good and secure....food and car are affordable....you can mail me on thekingaruku at yahoo dot com for more info

Hi,

Any one can help me with the info on Lagos, I have been offered job at international Facilities Services (IFS),
5a, Eunice Close, Gbagada, Phase 2,Lagos. is this company is good nad how safe is to work;

Its strange cause here in Nigeria the international companies usually arrange accommodation for the expats, including all security issues.
Make further inquires, good luck!

Nigeria is good and Lagos is secure especially when you are living in a good estate......accept the job offer but i hope the job genuine.......if the job is genuine you can contact me for accommodation assistant [email protected] .......i wish you best of luck

Hi Friends,, I am offered in Nigereia for a company called "Fareast Mercantile Co ltd". Is it safe to work over there. I am going for the first time since ever. Good salary & accommodation. Pls let me know about the company & place.
Sumit

I am offered 1000us $ and 80,000/- naira.. is this payment is ok.. I am ofered accomodation in surelere. Should I agree the deal? ??? I am from nepal

Hello friends i m from India my name is Deepak Jain i got offer from TriStar electronics Pte Ltd for Lagos. Accommodation ,local salary USD, 700 USD in India Remittance, Car with Driver,Health insurance, Kindly Guide on Urgent basis..

deepakj243 wrote:

Hello friends i m from India my name is Deepak Jain i got offer from TriStar electronics Pte Ltd for Lagos. Accommodation ,local salary USD, 700 USD in India Remittance, Car with Driver,Health insurance, Kindly Guide on Urgent basis..

Is the amount after tax or before tax, are they paying for annual flights home??
First you need to calculate how much it will cost you to live in Nigeria. For cost of living www.numbeo.com  Then subtract this from your monthly salary.  The amount left over is what you have to send home.

700 USD i Sent to India Net offshore Salary No Tax....
For Entertainment Or In Local salary 65000 naira Will be provided its diffrent from 700 USD...
accommodation, Car,Driver, one chef who cook indian food there Health Insurance all are Differ From 700 USD..
Its Good Or Not?
And Kindly Tell Something About Company Reputation too

deepakj243 wrote:

700 USD i Sent to India Net offshore Salary No Tax....
For Entertainment Or In Local salary 65000 naira Will be provided its diffrent from 700 USD...
accommodation, Car,Driver, one chef who cook indian food there Health Insurance all are Differ From 700 USD..
Its Good Or Not?
And Kindly Tell Something About Company Reputation too

I know nothing about this company. It is up to you whether you take the job or not.

i have got an offer from kewalram chanrai group.. could pls lemme know how safe is the place and also sm reviews about the company.

. Last time i had been to BONDOKOU, malaria had just killed me ..

casumit84 17 January 2014 18:38:46

Hi Friends,, I am offered in Nigereia for a company called "Fareast Mercantile Co ltd". Is it safe to work over there. I am going for the first time since ever. Good salary & accommodation. Pls let me know about the company & place.
Sumit

Hi Sumit,
I got an initial interview done with the same company and would be having final round with MD. Still i wanted to know whether u joined them or not? how is the experience?

HI FREINDS I HAVE BEEN OFFERED BY MECURE HOSPITAL LAGOS NIGERIA WANT TO KNOW HOW SAFE IS THE PLACE TO WORK WITH MY FAMILY AND HOW MY HOSPITAL MANAGMENT AND HOW MUCH IS THE LIVING EXPENDITURE IN LAGOS INCLUDING ACCOMODATION WELL FURNISHED.

It would have better for him to stay back home because nigeria is very hot now, don't you listen to news about here?

Hi da biggie > just to remind that we are on a mutual aid forum so let's share information in order to help members. Thank you.

My love ,I'm protecting them here

da biggie wrote:

My love ,I'm protecting them here

How are you protecting them. Just saying not to come because it is too hot is not the sort of information the OP is looking for.
Please give some information relevant to the question asked. Thank you.

nitin_delhi wrote:

casumit84 17 January 2014 18:38:46

Sumit

Hi Sumit,
I got an initial interview done with the same company and would be having final round with MD. Still i wanted to know whether u joined them or not? how is the experience?

Friends,
Did u join the company ? If yes please share the pay offered , company culture ,etc.

have u joined there?How is the company?

please tell about the company called " stallion Group"?

what is the salary is being offered for automobile sales manager ?

Far East Merchantile is a known and big distribution house in Nigeria. They have operation pan Nigeria and have deep knowledge of Nigerian market.
They take care of their employees in terms of accommodation, transportation, kids schooling etc.
However, depending on position in organization, they place of stay, amenities and salary (USD) and local allowances may differ.
Suggest, go through the fine prints in details too for all these things too.
As far as Lagos is concerned, its quite safe and peaceful.
Also, Ebola has been efficiently contained unlike other countries. In fact Nigeria never experienced Ebole till Mr. Sawyer arrived.
Welcome to Nigeria.

Regards
Sanjib

Hi evryone Why don't anyone tell about platinum group or stallion group,how are these group,is anyone here who working in these groups please tell us as I also got offer from these groups Waiting for ur kind reverts :unsure

Is anyone here from these groups

I got job in MYJOY bakery in IBDAN as maintenance Manager with familly status..Presently in india..Tell me about company profile & indian familly safety in ibdan nigeria. guide me.through mail.

Thanks

Ajay

hi.. i have now got a call from jotna nigeria... are you working with the company.. if yes please reply me on [email protected]

ajaymathur08 wrote:

I got job in MYJOY bakery in IBDAN as maintenance Manager with familly status..Presently in india..Tell me about company profile & indian familly safety in ibdan nigeria. guide me.through mail.service security is there? salary is 3500 usd including all.furnished apptt & car will be give.
Kindly guide me,its will be ok for me & myfamilly.

Thanks

Ajay

Hi @ prashant290984, Did you join this Company called Jotna? I am from Maharashtra. Can you pls write back to me on [email protected]

Anu being very honest dont ever come to nigeria its poverty here....yu really wont like the city and the place crime is there....so dont send yur husband here electricity problm here its huge actully

Guys in brief i m in lagos just recahed here 2 days back...really its one of the shitest places in the world...if yu talk about problms they r huge power problm is here electricity runs on genrrator...if you talk about indian groceries you can get everything here but you wont like the taste cuz maid will cook it for yu .....if you talk about place i can send yu thousands of pictures yu will hate it it feels i m in jail.....so if you guys consider money above than everything so do come you will not love this place surely.....n if you talk about houses they r pigeon holes ...company will say some thing else and will give smthing else n remember if u havr really decided to come dont bring in your family.......u guys have seen basti of mumbai..its same like that....may god bless u all...n i welcome yu to jail.....guys dont jus c the money.......think lacs of times...i m litterally cribing.

And if yu talk about salary they will keep a backup of one quater like for example if they r paying u in evry quater they will pay ur first salary in 5 or 6 months .....guyss beware oncr u come here u cant go back....they will keep ur passports also

arebee1810, Anu posted in 2010 ... this thread is obsolete !

I guess we should start a new thread

Thanks,

Julien

Ah thanks

I am Akin and I live in Lagos although thinking of relocating yo Australia.
Some of the things you need consider are:
Accommofation- Safest place to live in Lagos is Lekki which is an Island in Lagos, vehicular traffic to and from this place is tough.
Other areas on the Mainland are Ilupeju which is where majority of Indian with medium income live.
Other considerations for u are proximity to basic needs like feeding, clothing...
U can contact me for further enquiries;

+2348028386831
[email protected]

Hello Akin,

Thank you for your participation on this thread. Please note however that the OP is from the year 2010 as Julien pointed out. I invite you to create a new thread about life in Lagos on the Lagos forum.

Thank you,

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Hi guys,

I got selected one of the steel company I.e group metafrique, is it good company to work ?
accommodation providing  in mushin nigeria is it safe place to stay?

Pl suggest me